Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ARB 50 qt Frig

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
ARB 50 qt Frig

Who on here has an ARB frig? Just bought this baby... Mostly due to the "I hate when my bread gets wet" syndrome.

Any comments? I will review after I get it and run it through it's paces and after I have some ice cream on the Mojave Road!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
What did it run you?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
How much!?!?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What do they say about... "If you have to ask..."

j/k $720 shipped to my work
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my!! 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Shit it better keep your stuff cold for years in 150 degrees at that price
Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
Shit it better keep your stuff cold for years in 150 degrees at that price
I certainly will use it more than my front locker and it was much more!

Ice cream on a camping trip - in the desert! Can you really put a price on that!?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
My friend has one in his land cruiser and loves. Don't know if it's necessary for the fridge but he runs dual batteries (he has a winch too).
Yeah I need a dual set up too... between these...

and now this frig...
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just fyi most that I know who run that relocate the hinges so it opens like a regular cooler. It makes it much easier to use. Similar to this:

http://www.pnw4runners.com/fj/arb_fridge3/5.jpg
Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Just fyi most that I know who run that relocate the hinges so it opens like a regular cooler. It makes it much easier to use. Similar to this:

http://www.pnw4runners.com/fj/arb_fridge3/5.jpg
Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!! I am thinking about picking up a Whynter next year (they manufacture another brand of them also). We use a 12v. Igloo and it has done a pretty decent job although its not the most efficient. The Engels are sweet but $$$.

reat place to deal with!!
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...uct_list&c=118
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
I certainly will use it more than my front locker and it was much more!

Ice cream on a camping trip - in the desert! Can you really put a price on that!?
haha. That's funny. Let us know how you like it.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #14
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
you going to need some stiffer springs murph.
I'm way ahead of ya... just had some powdercoated - bought them thru All Pro.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard the previous ARB freezer/fridge has the capability of freezing a beer in an hour or so.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.... not that you would want that done.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
Ban Pending

I don't know the website but i paid 720. Ebay in PA I think.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #18
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I need one of those. I went through about 50 pounds of ice 2 weeks ago.. not to mention the ruined sandwiches when Ziplocks fail.
I am curious as to what bags you used. I make Ziploc bags for a living. Were they genuine Ziplocs, store-brand, Glad, etc.? What part failed?

A sandwich zipper bag is about the last thing to submerge in water. They almost all leak no matter who makes them. A storage bag is good but a freezer bag is made with almost twice the mil thickness. Both of our storage and freezer bags have to meet some pretty tough standards and are checked frequently in an hour. I use freezer bags for camping and cooler use. Storage bags work fine too for the dry goods, bread, crackers, chips, etc.

A little promo. We started making a big zippered storage bag (starting @ "16x"16) that work great for storing sleeping bags and blankets while camping. I wouldn't be bringing them up but that was always a pain of camping was having to find somewhere that they wouldn't get dirty or wet. These bags seem to take some abuse. They work great if you are just throwing stuff in the back of the truck or SUV. I don't think I would subject them to roofrack duty at highway speeds though. They would survive and keep things dry but I just wouldn't do it so they would last longer.

Back to our thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #19
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I am curious as to what bags you used. I make Ziploc bags for a living. Were they genuine Ziplocs, store-brand, Glad, etc.? What part failed?

A sandwich zipper bag is about the last thing to submerge in water. They almost all leak no matter who makes them. A storage bag is good but a freezer bag is made with almost twice the mil thickness. Both of our storage and freezer bags have to meet some pretty tough standards and are checked frequently in an hour. I use freezer bags for camping and cooler use. Storage bags work fine too for the dry goods, bread, crackers, chips, etc.

A little promo. We started making a big zippered storage bag (starting @ "16x"16) that work great for storing sleeping bags and blankets while camping. I wouldn't be bringing them up but that was always a pain of camping was having to find somewhere that they wouldn't get dirty or wet. These bags seem to take some abuse. They work great if you are just throwing stuff in the back of the truck or SUV. I don't think I would subject them to roofrack duty at highway speeds though. They would survive and keep things dry but I just wouldn't do it so they would last longer.

Back to our thread.
good side - you could buy alot of zip locks for the price of that fridge - bad side - still won't let you have ICE CREAM!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #20
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
good side - you could buy alot of zip locks for the price of that fridge - bad side - still won't let you have ICE CREAM!
I remember on our week-long camping trip last summer. Our group past an ice cream shop and I almost had a seizure wanting some sooo bad!

Next year's purchase just became more difficult. Fridge/freezer or ARB bumper? Hmmm . . . . .

Products Discussed in this Thread