Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/)
-   -   Leer 100XQ Cap (Paint Match Issue)? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/133267-leer-100xq-cap-paint-match-issue.html)

jmckay 01-11-2011 06:22 PM

Leer 100XQ Cap (Paint Match Issue)?

I just purchased a Leer 100XQ Cap (their top of the line cap) and it doesn't match my truck. I have a 2009 Double Cab SR5 that is "Super White". It's a standard Toyota color and the cap came back significantly brighter white than my truck. Leer said they used the paint codes (040) associated with my VIN. My truck is only 1.5 years old with 14k miles and always garaged so I know that paint hasn't faded. Don't know if white is a hard color to match (more than others?) or not but all of the Leer ads show Tacomas with perfectly matched caps on them. Anyone ever run into this or have any issue with a paint match on cap from Leer?

krudawg 01-11-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmckay (Post 2591670)
I just purchased a Leer 100XQ Cap (their top of the line cap) and it doesn't match my truck. I have a 2009 Double Cab SR5 that is "Super White". It's a standard Toyota color and the cap came back significantly brighter white than my truck. Leer said they used the paint codes (040) associated with my VIN. My truck is only 1.5 years old with 14k miles and always garaged so I know that paint hasn't faded. Don't know if white is a hard color to match (more than others?) or not but all of the Leer ads show Tacomas with perfectly matched caps on them. Anyone ever run into this or have any issue with a paint match on cap from Leer?

I'd pick up some touchup paint at Toyota and see if it matches your truck. If it does, than its Leer's Problem with their matching process, if it doesn't, take your truck back to your dealer and ask them for an explanation.

jmckay 01-11-2011 08:51 PM

Good idea. Will get on it. Thanks for the idea!

can200 06-10-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmckay (Post 2592441)
Good idea. Will get on it. Thanks for the idea!

What resolution did you get for this issue?

jmckay 06-10-2013 04:55 PM

I ended up getting a full refund from the Leer dealer. They did offer to have it repainted and did - but it was a freaking nightmare. I had to remove my fuel door and give it to them so they could match the paint but the Leer factory then lost my fuel door. I had to order one from a body shop and have it painted to match the truck and Leer paid for it. When Leer re-attached the Thule rack rails to the top of the cap they didn't seal the threads/screw holes so water leaked into the carpet headliner of the cap. By that point my patience was shot so I asked for refund and they refused. Through a long series of phone calls and legal strategies...the Leer dealer gave me a refund and said he would get Leer to eat the cost. Nice cap but poor quality controls

can200 06-11-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmckay (Post 7010014)
I ended up getting a full refund from the Leer dealer. They did offer to have it repainted and did - but it was a freaking nightmare. I had to remove my fuel door and give it to them so they could match the paint but the Leer factory then lost my fuel door. I had to order one from a body shop and have it painted to match the truck and Leer paid for it. When Leer re-attached the Thule rack rails to the top of the cap they didn't seal the threads/screw holes so water leaked into the carpet headliner of the cap. By that point my patience was shot so I asked for refund and they refused. Through a long series of phone calls and legal strategies...the Leer dealer gave me a refund and said he would get Leer to eat the cost. Nice cap but poor quality controls

I just had a cap put on and the color does not match very well, hmm. Thanks for your informative reply.

tacoburrito 01-29-2014 07:09 PM

picked up my cap on saturday and color was way off, also forgot locks on my windoors and the cargo net was put on wrong. they are building me another cap that is hopefully color matched this time and are letting me use the one i got on saturday until the new one comes in. what a pain in the ass

hitmans.army 01-29-2014 07:15 PM

Hmm. My 100xq matched dead on, radiant red. Only 2 things I don't like, how much the back window leaks when it rains, let alone when I wash the truck. Took it to the dealer 3 times, but no change. And the poor hinge design which limits how high the window can go.