1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access LiteRider/PopNLock/Truck Alterations Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by kingston73, May 21, 2011.

1. May 21, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I got my Literider and PopLock today from Truckalterations.com and thought I'd post up some pictures and my initial thoughts. First off, truckalterations is an excellent place to buy from, they processed the order tuesday or weds and I had it delivered within 3 days. Free shipping and prices you can't beat, I'd highly recommend buying from them! Total price with Literider, Trailseal, and PopLock was $340

The Access Literider was fairly easy to install, it took me about 2 hours total working alone to install, just needed my drill and a couple of sockets. I bought the trailseal kit as well, I used the gasket along the front edge of the bed and along both vertical rails in the rear. The only thing I found different with my first gen vs the instructions online and other pictures I've seen is the rear of my bed is curved, so Access sends a pair of short sections of gasket to seal up under the rail on both sides. The first rail I didn't do it well and ended up using some clear silicone to fill in the gaps, the 2nd side went better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't have any other tonno's to compare it with, but it seems pretty high quality and very easy to roll up and unroll. I had to take it off and re-install it a 2nd time because I forgot to tuck the straps under the front rail so that the long ends hang down into the bed. I tested it after install with the hose and everything stayed dry, I'll post back after I've driven around a while and been rained on for real.

The PopNLock was a pretty easy install as well, but if you've never unbolted your tailgate handle be warned, spray it with some rust release first. I broke off one of the bolts without really trying at all, so I had to drill it out and rigged up another bolt to work. Everything seems to be holding together so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's a little cheesy and won't stop a determined thief, but it's a deterrent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. May 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Rained a LOT today and last night, poured a long time and then stopped for a while today, so I unrolled things to see how well it help up. There were only 2 sources of leakage, where both straps hang down into the bed. From what it looked like the straps themselves absorbed the rain and it bled down to the bed. I sprayed them with a silicone waterproofing spray so I'll see if that fixes things.

As for MPG gain or loss, I've gone 3 or 4 tank fulls now and I'm consistently getting 340-350 miles to a tank. Before this I was only getting about 280-290 miles per tank. Not amazing but not bad either, and no leaves or rain in the box now!

tacoburrito likes this.
  3. Apr 10, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    tacoburrito

tacoburrito Well-Known Member

Member:
    boston
    Vehicle:
    2013 regular cab
    5100s. eibach coils. 285/75/16 km2s. leer cap
    how is the popnlock holding up for you?

Products Discussed in

To Top