1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Harbor Freight Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by JLee, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Aug 8, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    JLee

JLee [OP] The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    For those of you afraid of bleeding brakes don't be the is an awesome little bleeder. I used one for the first time yesterday and it was a snap. All you do is fill the bottle with the new brake fluid find the right snap fitting (The big one works for 2nd Gens) to fit your resi place the bottle upside down and open the ball valve like so (Don't worry once the fluid reaches the snap ring it will stop pouring in)
    FxCam_1312754152925_dbb31d8ed21403685de8758c9a152e650f7c598a.jpg

Then move to the drum or rotor your bleeding. Hook up the bleeder to your air line set your regulator to 70psi to 90psi mine was set at 90psi. Attach the small hose to the bleeder valve and crack the valve with your flair nut wrench (10mm for Tacoma's) pull the trigger on the gun to get a good vacuum it should have a high pitch whistle. Continue vacuum the until you see no air bubbles come out. (Don't let the vacuum off or air will be sucked back in the lines hold the trigger wile you tighten the bleeder valve).

Note you may need to top off the brake resi after bleeding the filler bottle sits a little below the max line

FxCam_1312755132789_1c7d396fed4fc793ec2f962a76be6c7231c8d964.jpg

2. Aug 8, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Good tip.
    I've used similar setups before. Invaluable if you don't have a helper.

3. Aug 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    JLee

JLee [OP] The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Defiantly both bottles have measure lines so you know when the full bottle is getting low. the bottle has enough fluid to bleed the whole system on a Tacoma.

Products Discussed in

To Top