1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD decals....Sockmonkey or EBay?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by TacoTitan11, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jun 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    TacoTitan11

TacoTitan11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    I am looking for some nice TRD decals for the truck. I contacted Sockmonkey and he gave me a price. I then looked on eBay and can order the decals for half the price from sellers with excellent feedback. What do you guys think? Is Sock's product better? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    TacoTitan11

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    True. It's just the cost is double, you know?

3. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Sock monkey's stuff is nice and everyone seems to have great customer service from him, but I hate the fact he only deals with money orders and won't accept online payment methods. So in my case, I went online and ordered them from another vendor that was also half price. I refuse to send money orders when we live in the age of technology.

4. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    ABregenzer

ABregenzer Fish

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    The Dirty Lew, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 4X4
    Stickers. Lots of stickers.
    I went and got some stickers from Sock. He's a great guy and got them to me quick. And the stickers are made from top quality material. I was able to use paypal iirc whenever I bought mine.

Not to thread jack, but ImMrYo's bracket is amazing. And it was really surprising to see the honor system in use again. You just dont get that in this generation.

5. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    rraether

rraether Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4 sport access cab
    debagged, windows tinted, custom NM trd sport decals, AEM bruteforce cold air intake, 13" wicked flow muffler, fox 2.5 DSC coilovers, all pro off road UCA's, fox 2.0 smoothies in rear with all pro off road expedition leaf springs, besttop softopper, first prototype of white clouds hybrid sliders!!
    look at going to a decal shop near you. that is what i did. my buddy did mine for 80 bucks

6. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I don't understand the mirror relocate bracket (or why its even being brought up). Doesn't get in my way and I'm 6feet tall. Either way not the point I was getting at.

I refuse to ship money in the mail. I can do a direct transfer to the bank, Pay Pal, CC payments, etc. I get the honor system, but we live in the digital age and I just won't send cash or money orders in the mail. If it gets lost (which we all know that mail gets lost all the time) then you are S.O.L. Buyer screws you over, again S.O.L. if you sent a money order. Use electronic, something happens, bank fixes it in minutes and I get my money back.

No disrespect to sockmonkey or anyone who only accepts money orders, it just isn't way I will do business with someone.

7. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    Op what of trd stickers u looking 4

8. Jun 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    op i have a friend that i used to work with. he started his on bussiness and does glass etching and vinyl stickers now. he says there is high and low quailty vinyl. i am sure the ebay sellers and most shops are going to use the cheapest(lowest quailty) vinyl that they can find so they can make the most profit. i have a decal on my back glass that was made from the cheap stuff and is aready shrinking on the edges after only 3 years . i have never bought anything from sockmonkey but im sure the extra cost comes from buying quaily vinyl that will last a long time. my advice is to make sure you are getting a quailty product if you are going to have your truck awhile

9. Jun 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    Bought three Decals from Sockmonkey, One I had him make custom for me, he charged me regular price and shipped it quick. You will definitely be happy with the Sockmonkey

10. Jun 28, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    I used Ebay because someone said something about Sock not using paypal :confused:

11. Jun 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    But can you get custom TRD stickers on ebay?
    [​IMG]

12. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    Nice response! I think someone missed what you were saying.

13. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    TacoTitan11

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    maybe Sockmoney will chime in and let us know why he doesnt do paypal. I hate doing money orders.

14. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Sock FTW

15. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    does he accept payments via pony express ??

16. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.

X2
    I had a local guy in town design mine after I checked out Sockmonkey's for the very same reason. I get the honor system I just couldn't reconcile with trying to get around taxable income laws and making a decent amount of money. Just didn't feel right. I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy but you gotta do what you gotta do. To answer the OP's question, maybe check locally? There's usually a lot of places that will do whatever you want. I got high quality vinyl for 20 bucks for both sides.

17. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    BG KY Jets Fan

BG KY Jets Fan Dagger Taco *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Bowling Green Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 2WD DC
    Roof Rack, TRD skid plate, TRD cat back exhaust, Pioneer AVIC-930BT, subwoofers, Avid bar, Westin side steps, FLYZEYE strip, and Blacked out Badges. More to come....
    Don't question the Monkey. I've had my decals for almost a year and still get compliments and requests about them. If your going to participate in TW, support the monkey! Its just money anyway!

18. Jun 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    I get lots of compliments on mine as well, and they aren't Sock's. OP you can do whatever, I like his work, just have a hard time with the business model. You aren't obligated to as aforementioned.

19. Jun 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    TacoTitan11

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    if his price was a little cheaper id love to buy it from him, i just cant see paying $55 for two decals, you know?

20. Jun 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    TacoTitan11

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    anyone else have had Sock's decals for a few years?

Products Discussed in

To Top