1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BEWARE ROCKY ROAD OUTFITTERS!!!

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by extremachn1, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mar 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I know, I know. They have a crap reputation already but I didnt want to drop 5-600 on a new high steer kit. Here is what I just posted online on thier facebook page.

These guys have a shoddy product, customer service is a total joke, their warranty suck sweaty goat balls, and you can expect to get the run around from them at every opportunity.
    Bolt on parts, HARDLY. My replacement parts would not fit so they told me I was supposed to drill out their part to make it fit yet their warranty says not covered if the parts are modified. Here is an actual quote from the product site.

"Changing the steering knuckle requires high dollar tools and/or professional installation, often requires additional cutting and welding, and is anything but a simple bolton operation. The Rocky Road OTT steering system can be installed by anyone... ANYONE! All bolton... not partially bolton like other kits that claim they are full bolton. This is THE TRUE bolton kit on this planet for a full high steer system on your Jeep."

I dont know, call me crazy but having to CUT your original parts to fit the exact spot I had one of your previous items does not mean BOLT ON. Let me clarify, this is not me saying I need to cut, its YOUR tech service people who told me this.

So to make a long story short, I am done dealing with your bullshit, I will charging back the cost of your replacement parts on my credit card when I call my bank shortly, and I will be replacing your garbage system with something that actually works and holds up, CURRIE!!!

2. Mar 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    hotrod45

hotrod45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    are they still in business?

3. Mar 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    JeepAndrew

JeepAndrew Nah bitch Jeep guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Offroad beast YJ/2015 Taco
    Lots-o-mods
    Currie is awesome! I have a full Currie steering system (rod ends, heavy duty tie rod and drag-link) on the Cherokee, and I'm nothing but happy with it! The tie rod and drag link are huge, comparable in size to the stock steering on the Ford F550s worktrucks we have at work. I will be purchasing a system for the YJ here pretty quick also.

Oh, and I figured that you dealt out an ass chewing to them :D so I checked the RRO facebook page and couldn't find a post for you, those a-holes must have deleted it.. :mad:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top