Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/)
-   -   Car iD (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/280855-car-id.html)

Tsunami115 06-04-2013 02:34 PM

Car iD

Anyone ever ordered something from carid.com? Good or bad experiences? Are they trustworthy?

bk808 06-05-2013 04:36 AM

I ordered my grillcraft insert from them. No problems at all.

OldGeezer42 06-05-2013 04:49 AM

ordered a pair of headlights, no problems.

eaglesfn5402 06-09-2013 12:19 PM

i also ordered a grillcraft insert from them. and used them awhile back to order tail lights for the wifes scion. grillcraft inserts came 2 days earlier then what the shipping claimed which was a plus because it got to powdercoating earlier as well.

Tsunami115 06-16-2013 03:04 PM

Thanks guys! Ya I'm also planning on ordering a grillcraft from them and new floormats

HomerTaco 06-16-2013 03:06 PM

They are a reputable supplier IMO... I've ordered a few things from them...
(a few I should not have too...)

Bsheriff11 06-16-2013 06:01 PM

Car ID is good to go, I've ordered several things.

tacomalimited 06-16-2013 06:26 PM

I had a horrible experience with them. I Ordered a $250 bike rack from them.A week later it never came I called, they said they would call the manufacturer, then said they couldnt get in touch with the manufacturer. They had no answers for me, I called like 3 Times, I finally got someone who could get in touch with the manufacturer, and was told it was a computer error. I don't know why they needed to get in touch with the bike rack manufacturer, who, incidentally, was Thule.I didn't order from the manufacturer I ordered from"carid"! Whatever! Long story short, after 3 phone calls and many e-mails, I FINALLY got my bike rack a couple of weeks later! I would NEVER order from them again! If you choose to order from them anyway, good luck to you!

Spoon93 11-26-2013 11:57 AM

I was looking for a brush guard for my old Ranger and they had the cheapest price. But for some reason the website wouldn't quote shipping until after all payment info was put in. I called Customer service and they said it would cost another $200 to ship it. So with their great discount + shipping it was actually more expensive than buying it from a local shop here in Portland. Thank god I don't have the Ranger anymore and personally I would rather deal with a shop/company that specializes in 4x4 and preferably does a majority of their work with Tacomas. I am new to the Taco family and I do not trust joe schmo in some call center to actually know what is best for my truck. my $0.02.

ZEROPILOT 02-19-2014 09:39 AM

I see that this post is over a year old. Let me ad that thier customer support is very good, However, I ordered a set of headlights from them that the web site said were in stock only to wait seven days for them to get sent out! It seems that almost all of thier inventory gets "drop shipped" from the manufacturers and CARiD is a middleman only. I picture in my mind a tiny 200 square foot rented room as thier business and absolutley nothing on the shelves. Just some guy...and a phone.