1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gauntlet Overland Tacoma Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MajKong, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jan 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    MajKong

MajKong [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2008 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    Seatbelt Buzzer turned off, Bed Mat, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Intermittent Wipers, Fumoto drain valve, LCE header, fog lights
    So I got my Dad to buy me the Tactical M.O.L.L.E. Neoprene seat covers from Gauntlet Overland for Christmas:

http://gauntletoverland.com/product...actical-m-o-l-l-e-in-neoprene/#product_images[grouped]/2/

He ordered them on December 2 (Cyber Monday) and they arrived some time after New Year's. When he inquired in late December as to the status of his order, all he got was an e-mailed invoice, but no expected shipping or arrival date. Since they had not arrived by Christmas, when I got home I pm'd GOG to see if they could be sent to my house instead. I was told: "No problem, just PM me your address." I did that and received no further response. Finally they arrived at my parents' house. My Dad sent them to me and I finally got them on 14 January.

Included in the box was a Coverking catalog (the manufacturer of the seat covers) and flyer to purchase raffle tickets to win two corvettes, but no invoice, packing list, or installation instructions.

No biggie. I've got a fourth-grade education; I can figure it out.

The neoprene looks good, is thick, and makes my seats more comfortable. I haven't gone on a long trip to really test them out, but so far so good. The assembly is terrible! Gauntlet brags that they don't sell anything from China, but that doesn't mean you get a quality product.

CKing 002.jpg CKing 003.jpgCKing 004.jpg

The fit was a little less that perfect. You can see how it bulges at the seam between the neoprene and the MOLLE panel. I hope this will go away in time.

CKing 007.jpg

I found it was easier to install the seat covers, if you use a 14mm socket and remove the seats.

Also included were a random assortment of 5 MOLLE pouches and one pouch of unknown utility. It didn't contain MOLLE attachments on it.

CKing 008.jpg CKing 009.jpg

The seats look good. I just don't know how long they will last.

CKing 006.jpg

If I had it to do over again, I would buy elsewhere. I know where I'm not going to get my sliders.

UPDATE:

Like a jerk, I posted this review without ever contacting Aaron at Gauntlet Overland. Aaron saw it and contacted me. He replaced the seat cover in question and I couldn't be happier. He went out of his way to make sure that I was apprised of what was taking place. As it was a three-way wrestling match (me with Gauntlet and Gauntlet with CoverKing), I appreciated the effort that Aaron put in to resolving my issue.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Jan 18, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    C1ph3r

C1ph3r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A.W.
    Concord NC
    Vehicle:
    Nothing special
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD OffRoad Super White TRD sport grill, Custom mesh grill, Tailgate theft mod, bed mat, tint, chopped antenna, 16x8 Konig Counter, Weathertech mats and window shades, Relentless Fabrication bolt on sliders
    Thats a shame. I was hopping to get a set of these. Thanks for posting

3. Jan 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM
    Hungry

Hungry Toy Truck Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Barney
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    Extang Freedom Trifold Tonneau Cover
    Hey, thanks, I was considering a pair for my 2010 DCSB SR5

Now I will re-consider!

Cheers,
    Barney

4. Feb 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    MajKong

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2008 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    Seatbelt Buzzer turned off, Bed Mat, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Intermittent Wipers, Fumoto drain valve, LCE header, fog lights
    I updated my original review. Aaron at Gauntlet Overland Gear took care of it for me.

Here are some new pictures:

100_1255.jpg

100_1252.jpg
    Perfect fit!

100_1257.jpg100_1258.jpg

5. Feb 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    1 Bored Clerk

1 Bored Clerk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4 AC TRD OR
    I've always like the utility seat cover concept. Not too sure about neoprene seat covers though. People seem to rave about them but I think about sitting on my wetsuit all the time an I just can't see how it's comfortable. Haha...guess I need to get a ride-a-long with someone that has neoprene seat covers so I can understand.

6. Feb 20, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    MajKong

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2008 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    So far I think they're great. I don't know what they will be like in the summer. I bought them with the hope that they would be waterproof.

Products Discussed in

To Top