1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saddleman Neoprene Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by rhoppas, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Apr 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I do lots of fishing and jet skiing so I decided I needed some waterproof seat covers. Thanks to neontrail, and his damn shopping list thread :p (jk), I was forced to buy a set of the Saddleman neoprene seat covers for my 07 DC. I got them installed last night. I couldn't be happier with their quality. I always liked the Wet Okoles but I just couldn't bring myself to shell out $550 for a full set. These Saddleman covers cost me $344 shipped for the full set, using a coupon code from this site.

The installation is very easy with 2 people. I have included scans of the simple, 1 page, instruction sheet that comes with each set. You do NOT have to remove any seats to install them. At no time during the install did I wish the seats were removed. It took us a little over an hour to install both the front and rear. Most of that time was spent just figuring it out in our minds. For the front, you simply slip them over the seats and fasten some elastic straps under the seat between loops sewn into the front and back. There is also a small piece of PVC pipe that gets pushed between the seat bottom and seat back. For the 60/40 back seats, there are some straps under the seat and some velcro behind the seat backs. It makes for a very clean looking install with all fasteners out of sight. Running the straps under the seats, from front to back, is where the 2nd person comes in handy. One of us worked from each side and it went very quickly.

I got the black and blue covers. I debated between the black/blue and the black/gray. After seeing them installed I am glad I got the blue, even though the blue is not an exact match of the speedway blue. The seat cover blue is a little lighter shade.

The only minor gripe I have is that they forgot to ship some of the elastic straps. I used 3 or 4 small bungie cords I had laying around. I will call them on Monday and find out what happened. The bungie cords worked very well and I may just leave them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation Instructions:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/21645/cat/500

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/21646/cat/500

Link to purchase the seat covers:

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/75A4258A0A0.aspx

2. Apr 11, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    very nice!!!!!!!!! That with a 48 Blue LED dome light...... Whoaaaaaaa

Well done!

3. Apr 11, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Thanks Neon. I think the black/grey ones would look very nice in most non-SWB tacos. Then take the $200 you saved by not buying the Wet Okoles and go buy something else on your list. :D

4. Apr 11, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    FYI...

AutoAnything has a $20 off orders of at least $179 right now. If you ordered the front and back separately, with $20 off each order, you could get a full set for $320 shipped.

5. Apr 11, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    good looking seat covers man!!

6. Apr 11, 2009 at 2:33 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    Wow those look great in there! The colours match awesome! Nice find.

7. Apr 11, 2009 at 2:41 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Neontrail found them. Not me. Now I see that he has added a ton of new stuff to his list. I want to go back through the list and check it out but my wallet is afraid... :D

8. Apr 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    Are these seat covers padded like the okoles?

9. Apr 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas [OP] Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    I would say no, I don't think they are padded. They are neoprene with a nylon backing.

10. Oct 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    tacomamatata

tacomamatata New Member

Member:
    Totowa, NJ
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Debaged
    K&N intake, Interior mods like saddleman suede seat covers, factory placemats
    Hey thanks for that review! After reading your review and seeing the picture then bought seat covers for my SR5 based on your review. Except I found them for 144.49 factory direct from saddleman official website with free shipping. Tacomamatata

Products Discussed in

To Top