1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need opinions on finding a good car cover

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by prerunnerSR52007, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Oct 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    prerunnerSR52007

prerunnerSR52007 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    stock, just replaced map lights with LEDs, installed a flowmaster American Thunder series dual exhaust with a super 50 series muffler
    Hey guys I'm looking for opinions on decent car covers, Im leaving for boot camp in a month and I'm going to be gone about 9 months for training and i really would like to protect the paint on my truck from the harsh Arizona sun, does anybody know of any good car covers for around 200 bucks?

2. Oct 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    In my opinion, there is no other car cover than California Car Cover. They have model specific covers, with or without mirror pockets, in several different quality fabrics. The unfortunate part about any car cover is that virtually anything that is directly touching the car (if out in the elements) will leave a mark on the surface. Better than a car cover would be a tent type cover that provides shade. Remember though, rain, snow, and wind! In any case, a polymer sealant applied to the surface will last much longer than car wax, and should be done whatever else you do.

Good luck and may I be the first to thank you for your (future) service!

Alan

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top