Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/)
-   -   Weathertech Floor Liners (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/52566-weathertech-floor-liners.html)

IrishPilot 09-16-2009 02:45 PM

Weathertech Floor Liners

Talking the custom fit ones here. This will be my first winter with them. Only received them today but figured Id pop a quick review for those of you considering them for the upcoming winter season.

These babies seem to be as advertised, and every bit as impressive as other owners suggest. While they look like a fantastic fit in pictures, they look and fit even better in person. They fact that they fit so snug along the sides and along all the edges is quite impressive and gives you the warm fuzzies when thinking about mud, snow, sand, etc. Ive seen too many of my vehicles' side door sill carpet get destroyed even though I had "good" rubber all season floor mats.

Hit up Weathertech and spend the buck. Its costly, but consider it an investment towards your "baby". Your truck, and the next owner will thank you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ivers_Side.jpg

XrunnIT 09-16-2009 02:48 PM

I love mine! I have the front and rear. bought them used over a year and a half ago. A good wash down and drying, and I could pass them off as brand new. I have over 30k on them myself! Who knows how many from the prev owner.

moto932 09-16-2009 02:50 PM

nice! these are a good investment.

Brunes 09-16-2009 02:55 PM

Only thing that would have made mine better...was if my lazy ass had bought them sooner.

Even if you have the manual- The trimming required is not much and it is SOOO TOTALLY worth it.

IrishPilot 09-16-2009 03:01 PM

Yeah Ive seen those threads about trimming. I think they have fixed that on the new ones...at least everything was fit to spec on mine.

moto932 09-16-2009 03:06 PM

where's the best place to order these at?

OffroadToy 09-16-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moto932 (Post 939999)

I purchased mine through AutoSport. Cabela's has them also, only differance is they put their logo on them.

Brunes 09-16-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPilot (Post 939985)
Yeah Ive seen those threads about trimming. I think they have fixed that on the new ones...at least everything was fit to spec on mine.

Your automatic doesn't have a clutch...Last I looked they do not make a set of mats for the manual.

The entire floor pan is the same and it fit like a glove...Only issue was with some interference/catching the clutch pedal. They are great!!

06WHITETRD 09-16-2009 07:23 PM

I love my weathertech floor mats. They protect and are great investment to spend on. All my cars have them. Not a problem. I tell everyone i know about them..

IrishPilot 09-16-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moto932 (Post 939999)

Got mine right from Weathertech. I price shopped everywhere else, and they all sell at the same price. Im guessing any place you buy them from simply orders them from weathertech anyway...so I figured go right to the source if the price is the exact same.

MY50cal 09-16-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunes (Post 939970)
Only thing that would have made mine better...was if my lazy ass had bought them sooner.

Even if you have the manual- The trimming required is not much and it is SOOO TOTALLY worth it.

X2 love mine :D

tmat 09-16-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunes (Post 940195)
Your automatic doesn't have a clutch...Last I looked they do not make a set of mats for the manual.

The entire floor pan is the same and it fit like a glove...Only issue was with some interference/catching the clutch pedal. They are great!!

So is the "interference" all okay now? I have a manual and was thinking about getting these, but if there is interference...

FoxySandChick 09-17-2009 03:55 AM

I just got mine a few weeks ago (keep forgetting to take any pics) and I love them. I got front and rear, the fit is awesome. I was hesitant to spend that much on floor mats, but they were well worth it and I'm glad I got both sets. :D

Brunes 09-17-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmat (Post 940846)
So is the "interference" all okay now? I have a manual and was thinking about getting these, but if there is interference...

I had to trim out about a 2 inch by 1/2 inch notch at the top of mat right under the clutch and it works fine. It takes a bit of work to make it perfect (at least for me it did). But I'm super happy.

Ridingontrd 09-17-2009 04:57 AM

Thanks,:D
Just placed my order.:cool:

Poohey 09-23-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPilot (Post 939985)

Got mine as well, fit was gr8t! No trimming required

Capita 09-23-2009 02:24 PM

Thanks guys. Now I have to order a set becuase they look so darn good. Thanks for helping me spend more money, hehehe

DadsToy 09-24-2009 02:41 PM

Just to let everyone know, I am returning mine as they aren't even close to fitting in the front or rear of my 2001 DC.

They might fit the new vehicles, but these are just wrong and the dealer says just trim them...... :eek:

I would have to cut away about a 1/3rd of the mat.

Oh well.....:confused:

IrishPilot 09-24-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsToy (Post 964354)
Just to let everyone know, I am returning mine as they aren't even close to fitting in the front or rear of my 2001 DC.

They might fit the new vehicles, but these are just wrong and the dealer says just trim them...... :eek:

You know they are custom fit to each make/model/year right (assuming you get the digital fit ones)? Where did you purchase yours? Is it possible you got the wrong ones? I looked up the 2001s on weathertech's website...

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ustomerVehId=0

moto932 09-24-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsToy (Post 964354)

they aren't made for specific years/models?