Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/)
-   -   ARB 50 qt Frig (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/96034-arb-50-qt-frig.html)

HBMurphy 06-03-2010 08:13 AM

ARB 50 qt Frig
 
Who on here has an ARB frig? Just bought this baby... Mostly due to the "I hate when my bread gets wet" syndrome.

http://arbusa.com/uploads/Images/fri...dgeWebMain.jpg

Any comments? I will review after I get it and run it through it's paces and after I have some ice cream on the Mojave Road! :cool:

kinetik873 06-03-2010 08:25 AM

What did it run you?

07trd4x4 06-03-2010 08:29 AM

How much!?!?

HBMurphy 06-03-2010 09:21 AM

What do they say about... "If you have to ask..."









j/k $720 shipped to my work

07trd4x4 06-03-2010 09:25 AM

Oh my!! 

BravesFan 06-03-2010 09:37 AM

Shit it better keep your stuff cold for years in 150 degrees at that price

HBMurphy 06-03-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BravesFan (Post 1834708)
Shit it better keep your stuff cold for years in 150 degrees at that price

I certainly will use it more than my front locker and it was much more! :)

Ice cream on a camping trip - in the desert! Can you really put a price on that!?

BirdTRD 06-03-2010 09:57 AM

My friend has one in his land cruiser and loves. Don't know if it's necessary for the fridge but he runs dual batteries (he has a winch too).

HBMurphy 06-03-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdTRD (Post 1834770)
My friend has one in his land cruiser and loves. Don't know if it's necessary for the fridge but he runs dual batteries (he has a winch too).

Yeah I need a dual set up too... between these...

https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/pro...omp__22027.jpg

http://www.paulmurphyhomes.com/tacoma/warn3.jpg

and now this frig...

NwiTACO 06-03-2010 10:27 AM

Just fyi most that I know who run that relocate the hinges so it opens like a regular cooler. It makes it much easier to use. Similar to this:

http://www.pnw4runners.com/fj/arb_fridge3/5.jpg

HBMurphy 06-03-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NwiTACO (Post 1834871)
Just fyi most that I know who run that relocate the hinges so it opens like a regular cooler. It makes it much easier to use. Similar to this:

http://www.pnw4runners.com/fj/arb_fridge3/5.jpg

Thanks

Rattler 06-05-2010 07:37 PM

Congrats!! I am thinking about picking up a Whynter next year (they manufacture another brand of them also). We use a 12v. Igloo and it has done a pretty decent job although its not the most efficient. The Engels are sweet but $$$.

reat place to deal with!!
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...uct_list&c=118

Jason'sLawnCare 06-05-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBMurphy (Post 1834731)
I certainly will use it more than my front locker and it was much more! :)

Ice cream on a camping trip - in the desert! Can you really put a price on that!?

haha. That's funny. Let us know how you like it.

HBMurphy 06-06-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmer (Post 1844022)
you going to need some stiffer springs murph.

I'm way ahead of ya... just had some powdercoated - bought them thru All Pro.

Crom 06-06-2010 10:11 AM

Congrats on the fridge purchase. Very nice indeed. :)

toycar18 06-06-2010 10:14 AM

I have heard the previous ARB freezer/fridge has the capability of freezing a beer in an hour or so.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.... not that you would want that done.

HBMurphy 06-06-2010 10:34 AM

I don't know the website but i paid 720. Ebay in PA I think.

Rattler 06-07-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverback07 (Post 1846346)
I need one of those. I went through about 50 pounds of ice 2 weeks ago.. not to mention the ruined sandwiches when Ziplocks fail.

I am curious as to what bags you used. I make Ziploc bags for a living. Were they genuine Ziplocs, store-brand, Glad, etc.? What part failed?

A sandwich zipper bag is about the last thing to submerge in water. They almost all leak no matter who makes them. A storage bag is good but a freezer bag is made with almost twice the mil thickness. Both of our storage and freezer bags have to meet some pretty tough standards and are checked frequently in an hour. I use freezer bags for camping and cooler use. Storage bags work fine too for the dry goods, bread, crackers, chips, etc.

A little promo. We started making a big zippered storage bag (starting @ "16x"16) that work great for storing sleeping bags and blankets while camping. I wouldn't be bringing them up but that was always a pain of camping was having to find somewhere that they wouldn't get dirty or wet. These bags seem to take some abuse. They work great if you are just throwing stuff in the back of the truck or SUV. I don't think I would subject them to roofrack duty at highway speeds though. They would survive and keep things dry but I just wouldn't do it so they would last longer.

Back to our thread.

HBMurphy 06-07-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler (Post 1846442)
I am curious as to what bags you used. I make Ziploc bags for a living. Were they genuine Ziplocs, store-brand, Glad, etc.? What part failed?

A sandwich zipper bag is about the last thing to submerge in water. They almost all leak no matter who makes them. A storage bag is good but a freezer bag is made with almost twice the mil thickness. Both of our storage and freezer bags have to meet some pretty tough standards and are checked frequently in an hour. I use freezer bags for camping and cooler use. Storage bags work fine too for the dry goods, bread, crackers, chips, etc.

A little promo. We started making a big zippered storage bag (starting @ "16x"16) that work great for storing sleeping bags and blankets while camping. I wouldn't be bringing them up but that was always a pain of camping was having to find somewhere that they wouldn't get dirty or wet. These bags seem to take some abuse. They work great if you are just throwing stuff in the back of the truck or SUV. I don't think I would subject them to roofrack duty at highway speeds though. They would survive and keep things dry but I just wouldn't do it so they would last longer.

Back to our thread.

good side - you could buy alot of zip locks for the price of that fridge - bad side - still won't let you have ICE CREAM! ;)

Rattler 06-07-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBMurphy (Post 1846458)
good side - you could buy alot of zip locks for the price of that fridge - bad side - still won't let you have ICE CREAM! ;)

I remember on our week-long camping trip last summer. Our group past an ice cream shop and I almost had a seizure wanting some sooo bad!

Next year's purchase just became more difficult. Fridge/freezer or ARB bumper? Hmmm . . . . .


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.