LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > RCBS204

Notices

rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch!

Old 12-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #2181
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakub4 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I ordered a stock amber color to match the OEM colors, and couldn't be happier with the result. This has to be one of the easiest mods thanks to Shannon's work. Excellent craftsmanship, super easy to follow instructions, well thought out and great result!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
I got the amber #'s and white arrow. I love it. The instructions were so straight forward I did the install in 15min in my colleges parking lot between classes with only a leatherman. I LOVE THIS THING. best mod so far.
Thanks for the nice words guys!! Glad you like it.
You would be amazed by the number of people that think the instructions are hard to understand. I guess reading it from an engineering stand point it is super simple to me. But not everybody reads it the same.
Merry Christmas to all you guys.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #2183
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #2184
velillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nice
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so apprently Im screwing up somewhere and this just isnt working for me. I followed the directions...i thought. But cant get it to light up in the truck. I installed the led back plate and reassembled the housing. Decided to just run the wiring to the A/C controls without soldering to the back since my soldering skills are subpar (i can do wire to wire but nothing else really). Here is where i run into problems. Because I skipped soldering to the back i hooked up the RED wire to the GREEN wire. The White wire went to the GREEN with WHITE stripe wire. (ignore the crappy wiring...itll get soldered and heatshrink tape once i know it works) Turned the truck on, lights on, everything and the unit would not light up. I also tried switching the wires just in case with no issue.

Now to make sure i didnt screw up the unit somewhere i tested in on my battery jumper starter. It worked jut fine there.

So any help? This is a 2011 Access Cab
Old 12-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #2185

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try swapping the polarity o the harness? It sounds like the polarity is backwards in the truck.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #2186
velillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nicevelillen is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Did you try swapping the polarity o the harness? It sounds like the polarity is backwards in the truck.
Do you mean just switching the red wire and the white wire on the A/C unit harness? If so yes i did try that. Tried both White wire to Green and also white wire to the green with white stripe. I am not an electrician by any means but i put a volt meter (set to "battery load test "12V") to the wires and with the red positive one on the green and the black negative on the green w/white stripe i got a reading of 12-13.3volt (its a cheap volt meter) So im stumped. I can try using the wires for my headunit (i think) as i have a ground and a 12V power to it.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #2187
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by velillen View Post
Do you mean just switching the red wire and the white wire on the A/C unit harness? If so yes i did try that. Tried both White wire to Green and also white wire to the green with white stripe. I am not an electrician by any means but i put a volt meter (set to "battery load test "12V") to the wires and with the red positive one on the green and the black negative on the green w/white stripe i got a reading of 12-13.3volt (its a cheap volt meter) So im stumped. I can try using the wires for my headunit (i think) as i have a ground and a 12V power to it.
Are your connections ok? Maybe you can hook them to the ac wires and then put the voltmeter to the red and white wires at the led board just to make sure you're getting 12v to that spot.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #2188
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If the battery connection was not undone , is it possible the fuse has popped by accidentily crossing the wires ?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #2189
Well i just cheated and went with the wiring for my aftermarket headunit. Red to red and white to the ground there. Works just fine now! Not sure why it wouldnt work with the A/C. but i do also have the blower motor off awaiting a new one so maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows. Either way it looks great now!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #2190

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by velillen View Post
Well i just cheated and went with the wiring for my aftermarket headunit. Red to red and white to the ground there. Works just fine now! Not sure why it wouldnt work with the A/C. but i do also have the blower motor off awaiting a new one so maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows. Either way it looks great now!
Fantastic!!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #2191
samsquamch1981 is on a distinguished road

samsquamch1981's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone heard of lighting up the 4wd switch on a 2014?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #2192
wuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud ofwuzzy121 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
wuzzy121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquamch1981 View Post
Anyone heard of lighting up the 4wd switch on a 2014?
It's not possible unless you replace it with an older version. We have debated this topic already if you want to go back some pages and check it out.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #2193

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Its not that i don't want to, it is because the new switches are solid black plastic. The only thin on the switch that is opaque, is the arrow. One of my lights might fit, but only the arrow would light up. I am not sure of it, because I have never really seen the inside of a new switch.
I popped my switch out of my 2014 and held a flashlight under it and it did light up.. It's too bad yhat is the only part that does.. Maybe you could figure out how to pop an led in there, drill a hole and make a tiny makeshift flashlight that will light up what gear you're in as well as the arrow on the knob....just a thought...perhaps i'll experiment with that if i can get my hands on a spare knob....
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #2194

What about retrofitting an older model switch in there? Would that be a direct fit for the switch and harness? Do you think that would work?
This is the outside of the switch from my '14.
Attached Thumbnails
rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch!-photo.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #2195

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I popped my switch out of my 2014 and held a flashlight under it and it did light up.. It's too bad yhat is the only part that does.. Maybe you could figure out how to pop an led in there, drill a hole and make a tiny makeshift flashlight that will light up what gear you're in as well as the arrow on the knob....just a thought...perhaps i'll experiment with that if i can get my hands on a spare knob....
Quote:
What about retrofitting an older model switch in there? Would that be a direct fit for the switch and harness? Do you think that would work?
This is the outside of the switch from my '14.
Hi,
To be quite honest with you in order for me/Electrical engineer to best understand the inside of a 2014 4x4 switch i would have to have one in my hands. From what I have been told, most of the OD (Outside Diameter) of the switch is a solid black non-see thru plastic. If that is still the case, then it is not worth my time and money to buy a 2012+ 4x4 switch to investigate. IF there was any hope of shining an LED through the silk screened plastic than I might spend some time and order one.
Regards,
S
Old 01-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #2197
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Received my LEDs fast and installed them tonight not using the solder method because I just didn't feel like it and I'm not the best at it. Everything works great, I think it improves the interior look. Thanks for the nice product, price, and service.

MT
Old 01-18-2014, 05:58 AM   #2198
Lone Star Club
whahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud ofwhahahajr has much to be proud of

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
How much would you charge for one amber LED. I'm thinking about changing mine so its amber when in 2H. But when I switch to 4H or 4L it will be blue.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #2199

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
How much would you charge for one amber LED. I'm thinking about changing mine so its amber when in 2H. But when I switch to 4H or 4L it will be blue.
I buy them in even number, so it would mess up my inventory. However, you can go to my vendor and they will be happy to hook you up.
http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
You will undoubtedly find something else that you want on there website as well.
Thanks,
S
Old 01-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #2200
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
I thought all the lights are always on (when the switch is illuminated). How are you going to make it be a different color when selected? Or am I misunderstanding?

Products Discussed in this Thread