Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > RCBS204

Notices

rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #21
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Lookin good. I would have done this myself. But, being a prerunner guy, I wasn't even aware that people wanted this done. Keep up the good work.

PRS
Old 01-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #22
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! Still looking forward to this. Thanks

GA
Old 01-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
No no, you misunderstood. I was in no way referring to you stealing ideas. Way sorry for making it seem like that. I was not referring to you being a punk in any shape or form.

What I mean, is that he did all this work with the board, circuits etc. Putting it together for plug and play. This could be a great aftermarket item as there is definately a market for this type of item.

I am sure people who have patents don't worry about the DIY people making one for themselves and a few friends. But why should some other company copy his design to a tee and make a boat load of money off it. That's what I really should have said.

Sorry man!
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I do agree with you that rcbs204 did a great job, and I am very thankful for his research. I hope to have mine done sometime this week, and maybe put together a write-up. I hope it works.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #25
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I do agree with you that rcbs204 did a great job, and I am very thankful for his research. I hope to have mine done sometime this week, and maybe put together a write-up. I hope it works.
No worries. With me posting that right after yours it sounded like I was referring to you and being an ass. No way was that case. Shit, if I had the skills like you two I would do it myself. Props to you for the knowledge!
Best of luck with yours!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #26
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
You may already be aware of this, but here's the part # for the Toyota "Terminal Repair Wire" for the Tacoma 4x4 selector switch.

82998-12420 $ 5.98 (MSRP) (Qty Req'd = 2)

This wire come with a pigtail on one end and the correct terminal for the connector housing on the other. Simply push the terminal end into the connector housing and your good to go.

Here's a couple of online sources for discounted OEM parts.

25% Discount: http://toyotapartspeople.com
30% Discount: http://www.colonialtoyotaparts.com
Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #27
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingtigger View Post
Happy new year....glad to see that you changed your prices, was really feeling bad at the low price you were offering them at before, you would have barely made any money at all
I couldn't agree more!! For everything you did you should earn a little, although it looks more and more like you may lose out due to the incorrect PCB's.

Quote:
Hi rcbs204,
My only problem is the Molex 16-02-0103 connectors. I can't find them locally. I've tried a number of suppliers, including DigiKey, and they want $15 to $30 for shipping them to Canada.

Scooter
I used the connectors out of a computer digital audio connector. The cable that goes from a cd-rom/burner to the motherboard. Not as tight as they should be but they work fine. OH and the price was right, free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
Be sure to patent your design once completed. If this turns out to be what I think you are going to do, you should be rewarded for your hard work. Not have some punk rip your design. If you added the actual 4x4 dial and made it plug and play 100%, there is more money to be had for yourself. You got 100+ this time around.

Just some food for thought.
x2 if possible!!!!!

Quote:
Hey Scooter you wanna make a couple to sell to us Canucks???
Refer to the post above!! LOL Seriously though, the shipping to canada should not be much more. rcbs204 should have a chance at it first.

As ALWAYS, thanks rcbs204 for the original DIY cause with all the snow we have been having, nice to have an illuminated switch!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #28
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #29
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
You may already be aware of this, but here's the part # for the Toyota "Terminal Repair Wire" for the Tacoma 4x4 selector switch.

82998-12420 $ 5.98 (MSRP) (Qty Req'd = 2)

This wire come with a pigtail on one end and the correct terminal for the connector housing on the other. Simply push the terminal end into the connector housing and your good to go.

Here's a couple of online sources for discounted OEM parts.

25% Discount: http://toyotapartspeople.com
30% Discount: <A onmousedown="return linkRedir(this);" href="http://www.colonialtoyotaparts.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://www.colonialtoyotaparts.com

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. The Canadian stealership wants $11 per terminal repair wire.

Right now, I'm going to try using a different Molex connector that doesn't quite fit, but may work after grinding a bit of it off with a Dremel tool.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #30
Canadian Member

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
Refer to the post above!! LOL Seriously though, the shipping to canada should not be much more. rcbs204 should have a chance at it first.
X2. I think rcbs204 can ship to Canada for a reasonable rate. I'm not thinking of mass producing any of this. I'm custom making my one circuit board, and don't intend on finding a manufacturer to mass produce these. rcbs204 already has a manufacturer lined up and can produce these much more efficiently. I will post an illustrated step-by-step write-up of how I'm making mine for all those who would like to tackle this themselves.

Best of luck to rcbs204 on this venture!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #32
Nuckin Futz
Divingtigger will become famous soon enoughDivingtigger will become famous soon enough

Divingtigger's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't meaning to take away rcbs204's business and fully intend on supporting him. Just thought that with 100+ people wanting one it might be easier for him if someone else was taking some of the load as well. Really doesn't matter to me who makes it, as long as no one is feeling overwelmed by it. Scooter, as a fellow Manitoban I think you will understand when I say this won't be installed in my truck until April at the earliest anyways
Old 01-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #33
Canadian Member

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wasn't meaning to take away rcbs204's business and fully intend on supporting him. Just thought that with 100+ people wanting one it might be easier for him if someone else was taking some of the load as well. Really doesn't matter to me who makes it, as long as no one is feeling overwelmed by it. Scooter, as a fellow Manitoban I think you will understand when I say this won't be installed in my truck until April at the earliest anyways
Hey, nice to know there's a fellow Manitoban here. I agree on the April schedule. It is not a good idea to be monkeying around on your truck in temperatures hovering around -30C unless you have a heated garage.

I'm almost done my circuit board and will post a how to soon.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #34
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hey, nice to know there's a fellow Manitoban here. I agree on the April schedule. It is not a good idea to be monkeying around on your truck in temperatures hovering around -30C unless you have a heated garage.

I'm almost done my circuit board and will post a how to soon.
I have never dealt with -30C, -30F yes. It isn't that hard to install. Pop the 4wd switch out, take it in the house, put the board in. Maybe 5 mins tops. Not sure where u are grabbing power from Scooter, but I did the HVAC controls, and maybe another 5 mins tops. You guys are tough up there in the great north, I know you can do it. Besides when you get in your truck and have an illuminated 4wd switch, the frostbite won't hurt quite as bad!! LOL
Old 01-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #35
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #36
Canadian Member

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
I have never dealt with -30C, -30F yes. It isn't that hard to install. Pop the 4wd switch out, take it in the house, put the board in. Maybe 5 mins tops. Not sure where u are grabbing power from Scooter, but I did the HVAC controls, and maybe another 5 mins tops. You guys are tough up there in the great north, I know you can do it. Besides when you get in your truck and have an illuminated 4wd switch, the frostbite won't hurt quite as bad!! LOL
ROFL!

I finished mine this evening and started the write-up. I did it in my unheated garage, but had the interior car warmer plugged in. It was toasty!

Hope to finish the write-up at a more decent hour, since it's almost 3 a.m.

Here's the link to the unfinished write-up.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post1301039
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #37
Canadian Member

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ROFL!

I finished mine this evening and started the write-up. I did it in my unheated garage, but had the interior car warmer plugged in. It was toasty!

Hope to finish the write-up at a more decent hour, since it's almost 3 a.m.

Here's the link to the unfinished write-up.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post1301039
I finally finished the write-up. Good luck on all who wants to attempt this. Please excuse the typos.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #39
2009Taco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Information Systems Technician, Second Class
2009Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2009Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysiosA76 View Post
BLUE with Red arrows...

WE WANT THE SITE!
ya, any chance of setting up the site now and accepting pre-orders?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #40

Thumbs up

Hey everyone, please try to remember that rcbs204 is offering what previously cost over $70 to do, for less than half AND he is doing it better. Also he is doing it with little to no profit, through the holiday season. If you are in a hurry, take the time and do it yourself, it was fun and gratifying when it was finished. So please go easy on him as he is/has doing/done us a huge favor. This ain't Burger King, it's rcbs204's way or no way!! LMAO

Try to remember too that there is a liability on his part. He has to be sure this is safe to put in your vehicle. Nobody wants him rushing this process. I assure you he is working on it and will get the site up as soon as possible. Nobody wants to wait 2 months to recieve a DOA unit either. Let him work his magic and I promise you will be happy in the end.

Products Discussed in this Thread