Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > RCBS204

Notices

rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch!

*****Product has been discontinued.*****

Here is why!

Had to have some sort of picture in the thread!!

This is a wiring update for the project.
If you are wiring the LED's without soldering and using the T-Tap method, the polarity will be the exact opposite from the documented procedure.

Disclaimer:
I (the manufacturer) am not responsible for any damage that may occur by improper
installation of this product. I claim no liability for any damage that may occur from the use or mis‐use of
this product.

Warranty:
This item comes with a 90 day Warranty.

Install Cliff Notes:
Step 1: Remove the switch.
Step 2: Disassemble the switch.
Step 3: Mount the board.
Step 4: Cut and solder the red and white wires to the back of the switch.
Step 5: Using the excess wire that was cut off, connect one end into the connector that plugs into the switch.
Step 6: Solder the other end of the excess wire into the green and green/white wires in the A/C harness.
Step 7: Enjoy illuminated 4x4 switch goodness.

Installation Instructions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4x4 Switch Illumination Procedure.pdf (5.11 MB, 3856 views)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Happy New Year! Will be waiting.

are they done yet?

How about now?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, cant wait! I've been looking into doing this myself. I'll be looking forward to the posts.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery

Waiting patiently for the link!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your back and hope your feeling alright for this new year!!!

it should be one hell of a busy one for you i can tell you that!!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else wanting to subscribe, click thread tools and subscribe...no need to make this another 30 pages
Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
anyone else wanting to subscribe, click thread tools and subscribe...no need to make this another 30 pages

I was going to but you made me laugh!!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
what were your prices again bud? cause im interested in the blue with the white arrow.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #12
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Great work man!! I'm sure i speak for all of us when i say THANK YOU for everything and we really appreciate your time and commitment! Take your time because we all know how it is when we start projects on our trucks and then something comes up!! So again thank you for taking the time and effort to make this convienent for all of us!!! (Sorry if my spelling is bad)
Old 01-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
hansolo2005 is on a distinguished road
hansolo2005's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 connector pin

I'm going to attempt this project on my own but need some help. I found a hand full of connector pins but not sure if they're the right ones for the 4x4 selctor. Does anyone know how to remove the individual pins. I want to compare the ones I found to the OEM pins. I don't want to waste my time if they're the wrong pins. I'd like some detail pics if possible. thanks.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
Nuckin Futz
Divingtigger will become famous soon enoughDivingtigger will become famous soon enough

Divingtigger's Tacoma Gallery
Happy new year....glad to see that you changed your prices, was really feeling bad at the low price you were offering them at before, you would have barely made any money at all
Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #16
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Need Molex Crimp Connectors

Hi rcbs204,

Thanks for the great research and design. I've always wanted a lit 4X4 switch, but didn't want to shell out $70 for a 4Runner switch just to get a diffuser.

I've cut out my own copper clad board, and am on the way to etching the circuit onto it.

I am using 6 orange LEDs in series and putting a 470 ohm resistor in series. I've tested it on a bread board, and there is no heating problem.

My only problem is the Molex 16-02-0103 connectors. I can't find them locally. I've tried a number of suppliers, including DigiKey, and they want $15 to $30 for shipping them to Canada.

I was wondering if you can figure out how much it would cost for you to put 4 in an envelope and mail them to me in Canada. I'll send you a money order to pay you back.

I've already sent you a PM.

Thanks again,

Scooter
Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #17
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to patent your design once completed. If this turns out to be what I think you are going to do, you should be rewarded for your hard work. Not have some punk rip your design. If you added the actual 4x4 dial and made it plug and play 100%, there is more money to be had for yourself. You got 100+ this time around.

Just some food for thought.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #18
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
Be sure to patent your design once completed. If this turns out to be what I think you are going to do, you should be rewarded for your hard work. Not have some punk rip your design. If you added the actual 4x4 dial and made it plug and play 100%, there is more money to be had for yourself. You got 100+ this time around.

Just some food for thought.
I'm not trying to copy anyone's design. Okay, I am, but the original thread was a DYI write-up. I enjoy tinkering. Mine is not an exact copy, since I'm putting my LEDs in series, although I am very thankful for rcbs204's idea of using LEDs. I was hoping to post a step-by-step DYI write-up when I am done, if tha's okay with people here.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
No no, you misunderstood. I was in no way referring to you stealing ideas. Way sorry for making it seem like that. I was not referring to you being a punk in any shape or form.

What I mean, is that he did all this work with the board, circuits etc. Putting it together for plug and play. This could be a great aftermarket item as there is definately a market for this type of item.

I am sure people who have patents don't worry about the DIY people making one for themselves and a few friends. But why should some other company copy his design to a tee and make a boat load of money off it. That's what I really should have said.

Sorry man!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
Nuckin Futz
Divingtigger will become famous soon enoughDivingtigger will become famous soon enough

Divingtigger's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Scooter you wanna make a couple to sell to us Canucks???

Products Discussed in this Thread