Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Redline Tuning

Notices

Redline Tuning offering $30 OFF Hood QuickLIFT ELITE

Old 05-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #182
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Well there ya go, now we know! Thank you.
Sure. I've installed several 'kits' and even pieced together my own 'kits' over the years so I've got a fair amount of experience with them and rivets for the thin hood skin material are definitely the best choice for rigidity and reliability. The lower portions are beefy and have lots of clearance so using self taping bolts in strategic locations will hold just fine but that same situation doesn't exist anywhere on the underside of the hood as they're designed for lightweight more than durability.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #183
DoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud ofDoccoM85 has much to be proud of

Navy: HM2 (Corpsman) 2nd MARDIV and NH Naples
Name: Corey
DoccoM85's Tacoma Gallery
Love em =D
Old 05-30-2014, 04:15 AM   #184
RedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RedlineTuning's Tacoma Gallery
Only two days left! Our discount pricing expires this weekend!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #187
toofish2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
toofish2's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any specials on these at the moment?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #189
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still haven't installed mine
Lmao. Me either. I have a battery that might be in the way and don't want to get disappointed when I go to install it. That plus the full suspension over haul took over.

Been 4 months about. Lol I'll do it Sunday! Foot down. Haha
Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #190
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also the packaging was really nice. Didn't expect it to show up that nicely.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #192
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Broke my crapy old rivet gun = lost all motivation
Old 08-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #195
VA6DCO

Finally got mine installed. Had some issues though. My rivot gun was snapping the rivot studs in half before they were tight. What a pain, had to move one bracket and use some of my own rivots plus a couple self drilling screws.
As well my damn battery isolator was in the way so I flipped the bracket over. This worked but I'm gonna have to fab up a plate to go over the original to keep it from levering the screws out.
Other than that all I had to do was attach a warn winch lead to the top of the hood as it now stands about 8' tall and is nearly impossible to reach.
Really smooth action and gets that annoying hood support out of the way. Thanks again.
[img][img]
[img][img]
Old 08-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #197
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
The key to riveting is a good tool. If you buy a cheap tool (Harbor Freight for instance) you will have issues. Tried that once years ago on a buddy's car (at his house so he just went & grabbed a cheap one) & struggled. This time I had my Professional grade one ($35 I think give or take) & it was a breeze. You could get lucky w/a cheap tool but since you're doing finish work you don't want to rely on luck.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #198
VA6DCO

I actually bought on of the best I could find. Cost me around 50 bucks.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #200
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
I really need to stop procrastinating and just order these and the EZ Down