Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Redline Tuning

Notices

Redline Tuning offering $30 OFF Hood QuickLIFT ELITE

Old 04-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #141
P3Bubba is on a distinguished road
Navy: Naval Aviator
P3Bubba's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I saw this! Just did my first oil change (I know I know, I paid for the first five but I want synthetic and don't want anyone touching my truck but me) and being short as I am, popping the hood is an exercise in gymnastics.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #142
Bayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered Tuesday got a tracking number today nothing loaded in tracking yet but I'm sure it is on it's way will probably get it early next week.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #144
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered them on monday and received them today. Quick and easy install.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #145
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider215 View Post
Ordered them on monday and received them today. Quick and easy install.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #146
dcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ehren
dcvt16's Tacoma Gallery
So, i had no issue actually installing the ez down on my 2012... But, it doesn't work correctly. The cable ends bind into the strut and the strut binds on the plastic inner tailgate cover. I could clearance the inner cover, but the upper cable end wants to go into the strut and cause damage.

And, in the 10 or so times i opened and closed the gate, the cable bind started to rub the rubber coating off the cable. I pulled the whole thing off.

I wonder if they'll let me return it as it doesn't work as advertised...
Old 04-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #147
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvt16 View Post
So, i had no issue actually installing the ez down on my 2012... But, it doesn't work correctly. The cable ends bind into the strut and the strut binds on the plastic inner tailgate cover. I could clearance the inner cover, but the upper cable end wants to go into the strut and cause damage.

And, in the 10 or so times i opened and closed the gate, the cable bind started to rub the rubber coating off the cable. I pulled the whole thing off.

I would give them the opportunity to make it right, I kinda feel they will.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #148
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
So my prop switches. One came in and test fit it. Seemed ok. There was supposed to be 2 though. So I installed one in the Topper, when the other one comes in, it will go under the hood.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 AM   #149
RedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedlineTuning is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RedlineTuning's Tacoma Gallery
Hello,
Please write us directly so we can help out... The forums are rarely checked and we will not be prompt.

As our website states, the ezdown is made to fit 2005 up thru 2011. As I've written on here before, this product is from another company and we have no control over fitment.... So if you are having issues a Tacoma beyond 2011, there is something on the truck that has changed keeping the system from fitting the way it should, thus the reason they chose 2011 as the stopping point. Contact us directly please for a return.

Quote:

Old 04-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #150
dcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddcvt16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ehren
dcvt16's Tacoma Gallery
I will write you guys directly. Thank you.
I just want to state for everyone here, the ez down packaging does say '2005 to present"
Old 04-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #151
AznTRD is on a distinguished road

AznTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Yup, $20 at Lowes.
Which Rivet gun did you get from Lowes? I see 2 for around $20.

I got one from Home Depot and it was a POS. It got stuck after the first pump and had to unscrew the tip and jam a couple of small wrenches in there so it would pop the rivet and get it unstuck from my truck.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #152
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
to install my prop switch, I used a piece of heat shrink tubing, to widen the strut to actuate the switch

https://youtu.be/0TVZe-YInrg
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 AM   #153
Don't Let Your Meatloaf
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTRD View Post

I got one from Home Depot and it was a POS. It got stuck after the first pump and had to unscrew the tip and jam a couple of small wrenches in there so it would pop the rivet and get it unstuck from my truck.
Had the same experience trying to use an old rivet gun i found laying around, needless to say i threw it away and i am in the market for a good rivet gun. Any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #154
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Hey an air operated one
Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #155
tacomajohn2014 is on a distinguished road
Army: 82nd Airborne Division 1st 325
Name: John
tacomajohn2014's Tacoma Gallery
All most forgot about this GB

Man just about forgot I was going to get these. Glad to see the GB was still on, great deal. Finished putting in my order.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #156
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTRD View Post

I got one from lowes called ARROW or something. It was sh*t. I had to twist and turn it and squeeze it over and over to get the rivets to pop. That was the only tough part about this install.

I love my elite kit btw. Thanks REDLINE!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #157
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm looking to replace mine.

Do you want to sell it to me? Shoot me a PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #158
ajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
ajw1986's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed, was super happy doing the test up n downs. Then I went to close it and noticed these are not meant to go with trucks that have the aftermarket volant CAI intake box. I removed the passenger side arm and tomorrow im gonna just cut back the intake tube and dremel small slots in the bottom of my intake where the bolts are and just slide the entire box over the inch or so it needs. Just a warning to anyone else with the same setup!
Great product though, easy install

Edit: wait a minute.. why are mine all black and not stainless like everyone else's? Did I get the wrong ones...?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #159
AznTRD is on a distinguished road

AznTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
I got one from lowes called ARROW or something. It was sh*t. I had to twist and turn it and squeeze it over and over to get the rivets to pop. That was the only tough part about this install.

I love my elite kit btw. Thanks REDLINE!
I ended up getting the Arrow rivet gun from Lowes. It wasn't great, took about 3-4 squeezes to pop the rivet, but worked way better than the one from Home Depot.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #160
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw1986 View Post
Just installed, was super happy doing the test up n downs. Then I went to close it and noticed these are not meant to go with trucks that have the aftermarket volant CAI intake box. I removed the passenger side arm and tomorrow im gonna just cut back the intake tube and dremel small slots in the bottom of my intake where the bolts are and just slide the entire box over the inch or so it needs. Just a warning to anyone else with the same setup!
Great product though, easy install

Edit: wait a minute.. why are mine all black and not stainless like everyone else's? Did I get the wrong ones...?
The "elites" are the stainless ones. You must have gotten the others.