Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Relentless Fab rock rails Group Buy

Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #41
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
Do u have/could u have a set ready for a double cab long bed without the kickouts by next week when we meet up?
No, not that soon man. I'm going on a trip for the next week and a half and when I drop the bumper off to you I'll actually be going from one part of my trip on to the next part(heading up to Dunefest in Winchester Bay OR). On top of that I still have some other orders for bumpers I need to fill first also, so I'm pretty busy at the moment. Sorry.
Also, did you get my last PM regarding payment on the bumper?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #42
BUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt
Name: Anthony
BUB_IROC_Z's Tacoma Gallery
Sign me up!

4. BUB_IROC_Z
DCSB Basic w/kick out please.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #43
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUB_IROC_Z View Post
Sign me up!

4. BUB_IROC_Z
DCSB Basic w/kick out please.
Alright man, I'll throw you on the list.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #44
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all, I've got a set of these installed and I thought I would give you guys a review to read over.

I spent a significant time last year trying to decide who I should buy sliders from. I knew next to nothing of offroading at the time, other than I had gone once and scared myself enough to know that if I ever went back - I needed a bit more than luck.

I considered a lot of the major brands, and just so happened to get a chance to see Eric's truck in person before making the decision.

Appearance

The first thing you notice about the Relentless sliders is the diameter of the tubing. It's larger than most other sliders, which gives them a beefy look. I've seen other other sliders, and they look like toothpicks in comparison to this man-size metal.
The hybrid tubing design is also very appealing. it fits well with the look of the truck, and adds a professional look to the finish of the product. The tubing stretches to each end between the tires, and the square tubing is tapered at each end, which again shows that Eric and Tim pay attention to the form of their products (sorry I don't have a good pic of it right now).

On my sliders, the round tubing has a slight upward tilt, rather than coming straight out. I talked to some other companies, and they said this couldn't be done because the door would smack the slider. Well, I have it, looks great, and I've had zero issues.

I painted mine with a Krylon gloss, which gave a nice shine, but I couldn't leave them that way for long!

Strength

here's a shot of the in-progress build. I'm no welder, but in comparison to other products I've seen, these are very well made.

You've already seen Eric and the hi-lift, but how does it work on the trails?

GREAT.

Once mine were mounted, Eric and I headed straight to the trails that had scared me so bad before. With the sliders, my level of confidence was huge, and I was able to navigate the trails, even if the sliders never had to come in contact with anything.

We found one spot in particular that was narrow with a rock ledge. I had gotten through before the first time because it was dry, and I remember it being very slow going as I was guided through with a spotter. This time, it was raining and there's no way other than sliding right into it.
I chose a path, used the sliders to pivot off one of the boulders, and came through like a champ - no spotter needed, obstacle cleared in half the time, no damage except a scuffed slider - which was the exact purpose I got them for. As I told Eric, the sliders paid for themselves in under 48 hours.

I've since gone on tougher trails, even going through a trail in Browns camp where my entire left side balanced on the slider for several feet. At the end of the day, simply scrub up the slider and repaint. So long, body shops!

Usefulness

Once mounted, the sliders become the widest part of the body, easily protecting against trees, rocks, or other obstacles that would otherwise require spotting. Note, though, that they are not so wide as to become a hindrance on the narrow trails!

If you have a lift, these take the place of a tube step. It helps me feel satisfied as well knowing they are heavy duty steel, so they will last.

I like parking in parking lots now, too. When an idiot lets their door fly open, it's their vehicle that gets smashed and I get to walk away

Value

The price Eric has posted here is the same he quoted me. I'm really surprised his rate didn't go up - most of the products I've compared are usually $100 more, and many of them look inferior to the Relentless build quality.

Here's a few of the shots I've got of mine.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #47
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
I'm impressed with the look of your work and I'm interested in a set for my DCLB. I would like the hybrid units with a kick out but also interested in what the cost would be for a DOM set. I have been researching sliders for a few weeks now and I am ready to get some on my truck before I end up with dented rockers... Any idea what shipping to WV would be?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #48
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Might as well put me on the list for some.
DC SB Hybrid with Kickout Bolt on!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #49
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
I too may be interested in a set of hybrids with kickouts for a DCSB made of DOM. Get me a price when you get back, have a good vacation.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #50
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
put me down for a set of hybrids with a kickout DCSB
Old 08-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #51
RegCab is on a distinguished road
RegCab's Tacoma Gallery
Sign me up for a pair of the Regular Cab Basic w/kick out.

Ryan
Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmountaintop View Post
I'm impressed with the look of your work and I'm interested in a set for my DCLB. I would like the hybrid units with a kick out but also interested in what the cost would be for a DOM set. I have been researching sliders for a few weeks now and I am ready to get some on my truck before I end up with dented rockers... Any idea what shipping to WV would be?
Thanks man! I'll price DOM when I get back from my vacation in a week and get back to you with a price for hybrids in DOM. Do you want on the list for a set regardless, or only depending on the price of a DOM set?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Awesome man, I'll add you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megillet View Post
I too may be interested in a set of hybrids with kickouts for a DCSB made of DOM. Get me a price when you get back, have a good vacation.
Will do, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
put me down for a set of hybrids with a kickout DCSB
ok, you got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegCab View Post
Sign me up for a pair of the Regular Cab Basic w/kick out.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I'll throw you on as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #53
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Oh! Narrows, not wide....Thx
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #54
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
do you have any pics of the hybrid with the kickouts?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #55
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Oswego;2037929]see post #47 >>>> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...ml#post2019683
quote]

i thought those pictures were of the hybrid style without kickers or am i looking at it wrong?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #56
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I am more than likely in! Access cab w/kick-out!

Unless you plan on doing more in the future...

I don't plan on actually using sliders until this winter , but if this is a one-time thing I am in...

Awesome pricing Eric.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #57
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=RelentlessTaco;2033521]Thanks man! I'll price DOM when I get back from my vacation in a week and get back to you with a price for hybrids in DOM. Do you want on the list for a set regardless, or only depending on the price of a DOM set?

I would like to get on the list... I need sliders. Lift is going on this week, BudBuilt skids already on... Let me know the cost of DOM and shipping to WV and then I will decide if I go with those or the hrew set...

Hope you had good vacation, the fishing here is West Virginia was great this weekend.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #58
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice sliders! I would definitely buy some, could you get a shipping estimate for 99507?
Old 08-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #59

Hey guys. Back from my vacation. If anyone has PMed me without a response, I'll respond ASAP! Thanks for your patience.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #60
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Actually I'm out...

I'd buy them, but I just scored free ones...