Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Who's ready?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Who's ready?

Update:
New pics here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...ml#post2480960

My 2005+ Tacoma rear plate bumpers are ready!
Here are some pics of my base bumper prototype that I just got together finally. There will be a few little adjustments made to the final design, basically just a little beefing up(extending the top plate to box in corners, adding a strip of steel along the edge of the side pieces) but this is the design of them (well, missing the shackle points still of course)!

Its made out of CNC cut 3/16" steel, with 1/4" mounting plates, and 3/4" thick recovery points just like my front bumpers. This is about as high clearance as you can go in a rear bumper while still fitting the license plate and not cutting your bedsides.
One of the things I'm pretty happy with, is that it is designed in a way that the factory license lights will still fit in this bumper! So no searching for a way to light up your license plate, or being forced into using cheap looking aftermarket lights!

I'll post more info soon along with pricing and options available, as well as finished pics of it on my truck next week.

Front:

Back:

Corner detail:

Bottom:

Old 12-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
When's my bumper being hand delivered?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
When's my bumper being hand delivered?
That'll be yours in the pictures! haha. You like it?
Guess it depends on when Brittony heads down, and when I can get it finished.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Looks BA! Will it work with the factory hitch?
Thanks!
No, will not work with the factory hitch due to the size difference between this and the stock bumper. You'll gain about 6" of clearance with this bumper over the stock with hitch, plus with the corners angled like this there is even more clearance at the corners. I'll be able to add a hitch to these though.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Damm thought you forgot about the rears.
Too bad I picked up another one in the down time.
Can't wait to see it finished and mounted!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
these look awesome man!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Now all you need is a relentless sticker to be included in every purchase so i can be the sexiest relentless bastard around... besides you of course!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Right on man. Thats an awesome looking rear bumper. Do you have a deal on a front and rear combo ?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Damm thought you forgot about the rears.
Too bad I picked up another one in the down time.
Can't wait to see it finished and mounted!!!!
Nope, didnt forget! Just too busy for a while. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
these look awesome man!
Thanks! A very similar version will be available for 1st gens soon too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Oh oh!!!! I want one
Get some!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnTaco07 View Post
Now all you need is a relentless sticker to be included in every purchase so i can be the sexiest relentless bastard around... besides you of course!
I'll include one of the decals for anyone that wants one with their order!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTacoma View Post
Right on man. Thats an awesome looking rear bumper. Do you have a deal on a front and rear combo ?
I'm sure I could work something out! Let me know if you're interested in doing that.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Alright sounds good Eric, now just need some skids.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Alright sounds good Eric, now just need some skids.
Gonna be working on those too, when I can get the time.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Can you explain how you will have to go about adding a new hitch? Will you be able to tow?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome Eric. Really interested to see what it looks like finished with the hitch.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Can you explain how you will have to go about adding a new hitch? Will you be able to tow?
The hitch will be welded right under the license plate mount under the center of the bumper, then will be braced with some more 2" tubing off the top/side(whatever works best when i get to it) directly to the mounting plates. You can use it to tow, but I cannot claim a towing capacity since it will not be certified like the factory or regular after market hitches. Simply do not want that liability on my shoulders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
Looks awesome Eric. Really interested to see what it looks like finished with the hitch.
Thanks Wes. I'l add pics as soon as I build one with a hitch. The next one I build will be for my own truck most likely, and I will want a hitch under there because I do tow with my truck.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #18
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
+1 ...and this bumper looks delish! Can't wait to see it in finished state and mounted.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #19
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=RelentlessTaco;2452550]Thanks!
No, will not work with the factory hitch due to the size difference between this and the stock bumper. You'll gain about 6" of clearance with this bumper over the stock with hitch, plus with the corners angled like this there is even more clearance at the corners. I'll be able to add a hitch to these though. [/QUOTE

wow i like this alot! i need a solution for my spare as well though could you add in a swing away for my spare?if how much and when can i get one?!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #20
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
well put me on the list ... with a hitch of course.

can't wait to see it finished and installed!!