Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Relentless Fab. 05+ Rear plate bumper.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #301
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the order Ryan. I estimate around 5mo to keep things safe, even though we've been working hard on cutting lead times down. Appreciate you sending others to my site!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #302
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No worries, happy to support the Relentless Crew. Keep me in the loop with progress if you can.

Ryan
Old 11-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #304
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTacoma View Post
No worries, happy to support the Relentless Crew. Keep me in the loop with progress if you can.

Ryan
Sounds good, will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I wonder if one of these would work with my aftermarket hitch, obviously i wouldn't need the stock bumper brackets anymore but i wonder gow your brackets bolt in where the hitch bolts on.....i'm intrigued as this is the first bumper that THANKFULLY uses the stock tag lights...
I doubt it will work with the bumper. I utilize the 5 factory bolt locations per frame rail, and usually the hitches also integrate into the step part below the license plate as well. My bumper will sit about 2" higher in the center so it wouldnt integrate there either. Best would be to just order one with a hitch welded right into the bumper.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #306
Databox is on a distinguished road
Army: Airframe Mechanic
Databox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrom32 View Post
So a few questions:
1. What is the tow rating difference between the regular and the heavy duty one?
2. So if I wanted the bumper[600],tow hitch[60-100], and powdercoat [120] I am looking at a total of 820?

Yes I'm also interested in the tow rating. I have the factory tow pakage and if I'm going to loose that I'd want to know what I could tow with these options.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Databox View Post
Yes I'm also interested in the tow rating. I have the factory tow pakage and if I'm going to loose that I'd want to know what I could tow with these options.
I don't rate it for towing for liabilities sake since we're building offroad bumpers and haven't gone through the necessary hoops for certification, but I'll say the bumper is solid and I've seen them used pretty well from customers, and personally used them pretty hard in the past as well.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #308
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I tow my jeep all over the place and the bumper holds prett good.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #309

Thanks for the feedback Felipe! How have you been? Been a while since I saw you on here.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #310
Databox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I don't rate it for towing for liabilities sake since we're building offroad bumpers and haven't gone through the necessary hoops for certification, but I'll say the bumper is solid and I've seen them used pretty well from customers, and personally used them pretty hard in the past as well.
I went through all the pics in this thread and it seems people are towing probably more than I will ever tow with my truck...suffice it to say I think it will do the job.

I'll be placing an order soon.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 AM   #311
JeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jeff
JeffRoyJenkins's Tacoma Gallery
I see Andy (AzogSS) towing some pretty serious stuff here, I am wondering if he is running the "heavy duty" receiver? And If so what is the difference between the standard and heavy duty?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #312
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRoyJenkins View Post
I see Andy (AzogSS) towing some pretty serious stuff here, I am wondering if he is running the "heavy duty" receiver? And If so what is the difference between the standard and heavy duty?
If there are light and heavy duty models now I'm not sure which mine would be. I've had mine now since around '09 and that wasn't an option then. I did compare the built in hitch to the stock tow hitch and its just as good if not better as far as bracing. I guess Eric knows better about what category mine falls into. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #313

I dont recall which one Andy may have, most likely it would be the standard hitch or possibly the HD after discussing things with him before I actually listed it as a regular option.
However if anyone is considering purchasing one of these with intent to tow, I would recommend going the extra $20 and springing for the HD receiver. How can you beat extra beef for only $20?!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #314
JeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to beholdJeffRoyJenkins is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jeff
JeffRoyJenkins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont recall which one Andy may have, most likely it would be the standard hitch or possibly the HD after discussing things with him before I actually listed it as a regular option.
However if anyone is considering purchasing one of these with intent to tow, I would recommend going the extra $20 and springing for the HD receiver. How can you beat extra beef for only $20?!
Good point Eric. I guess mostly what I was concerned with was if the HD had any effect on clearance compared to the standard.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #315

No effect.
The HD option adds an additional 2x2 cross tube within the bumper between the mounting to stiffen the bottom of the bumper.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #316
Databox's Tacoma Gallery
Eric...A couple of questions for the DIY kit.

1. I ordered the HD Tow packgage. The square receiver that is shown in the picture wasn't included. Should it have been? Or do I have to get that somewhere else. It does have the 2x2 cross tube and the rear plate, just not the square receiver.

2. The two recovery points are cut at an angle. I can't figure out if that is for a purpose or not. Seems like they just get inserted into the pre-cut slot then welded.

Looking forward to getting to work on it. So far really impressed with the quality. Also stoked it has the Relentless 'R' angled pieces.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #317

Quote:
Eric...A couple of questions for the DIY kit.

1. I ordered the HD Tow packgage. The square receiver that is shown in the picture wasn't included. Should it have been? Or do I have to get that somewhere else. It does have the 2x2 cross tube and the rear plate, just not the square receiver.

2. The two recovery points are cut at an angle. I can't figure out if that is for a purpose or not. Seems like they just get inserted into the pre-cut slot then welded.

Looking forward to getting to work on it. So far really impressed with the quality. Also stoked it has the Relentless 'R' angled pieces.
Any DIY optioned with hitch gets the tube included, one of my guys must have overlooked it while wrapping parts or didn't secure it well enough for shipment. PM me your order number and I'll mail you a chunk of tube on Monday.
The reason for the angled back part is mainly so I can arrange the pieces tighter together for cutting from the raw material. I would use much more material if they were all squared off, or they would be shorter which would mean less weld area and therefore less strength. The angle gives the best compromise to reasonable amount of material used and and strength within the bumper. Weld them inside and out and they're pretty Damn tough!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #318
Databox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any DIY optioned with hitch gets the tube included, one of my guys must have overlooked it while wrapping parts or didn't secure it well enough for shipment. PM me your order number and I'll mail you a chunk of tube on Monday.
The reason for the angled back part is mainly so I can arrange the pieces tighter together for cutting from the raw material. I would use much more material if they were all squared off, or they would be shorter which would mean less weld area and therefore less strength. The angle gives the best compromise to reasonable amount of material used and and strength within the bumper. Weld them inside and out and they're pretty Damn tough!

Thanks for the response.

PM sent.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #319
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance of getting some pictures of the underside and backside? I'm thinking about ordering the DIY kit but I'm curious about light and winch mounting options.