Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Stock Foglights Fitted In Relentless Plate Bumper

Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #41
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post
Why are you thinking it would be different? I'm pretty sure the dimensions are identical for the aluminum bumpers.
maybe not
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #42
Ermine is on a distinguished road
Ermine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post
Why are you thinking it would be different? I'm pretty sure the dimensions are identical for the aluminum bumpers.
Maybe they are..but reading posts earlier in this thread with guys asking the same question made me think they werent. The holes were wider according to some. Don't have my bumper yet thou.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #43
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The aluminum bumpers use a little bit larger tube. 5" OD, 4.5" ID vs steel at 4.5" OD 4.25"ID
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #44
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
The aluminum bumpers use a little bit larger tube. 5" OD, 4.5" ID vs steel at 4.5" OD 4.25"ID
well that clears that up
Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #45
Ermine's Tacoma Gallery
Yep! So has anyone done it or got any ideas?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #46
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone had problems with not being able to get the fogs aligned? Mine are all cockeyed and ive adjusted them quite a few times....
Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #48
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So how did everyone get the lights into the rubber fitting?? They seem VERY tight...
I barely did! It's actually tougher then the OP makes it look..
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yeah-I am starting to get blisters from trying. I didn't help my self by doing the blazer retrofit, but jeezum crow that is cozy...and I still haven't put them into the bumper...
I'm pretty sure I actually cut an inch off the rear.. Not sure though..
Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #52
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
So...I took a little different tack to get this some idea done. The fernco fititng was clutch, but the zip ties would not work for me.

I used the Relentless "L" brackets and the edge fo the light buckets to hold the fernco and used the hose clamp to secure the whole rig to the bumper. I might add a couple self tapping screws or some similar to add some more security.

More details/photos here

Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #53
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I went this route as well, just tweaked it a little bit. My fernco came with a 4" & 3" clamp, and I used both. Put the fog in the rubber, and it will be tight!! But it will go on, just have to work it a little. I notched the front of the fernco so it would clear the mounting tab. I put the larger clamp over the front of the rubber and L bracket supplied from Eric. And thought good enough. Except they point right at the ground. So, take the other smaller clamp, and put it around the back smaller part of the fernco and the back of the L bracket. The L bracket isn't quite long enough for the clamp to stay on very good, so as a temporary fix, I've used a zip tie to keep it from slipping off. Now to adjust, just tighten the rear, smaller hose clamp to bring the beam up.
Drive and enjoy!!
Heres a pic in case my rambling doesn't make sense.

OP, if it isn't ok to post this here let me know and ill take it down.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #54
Ermine's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone figure out how to get them into the aluminum bumper?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #55
Some days you watch the show, and some days...
Drainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrainbung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT2(SS) USS Lafayette (B), SWFPAC
Name: Bob
Drainbung's Tacoma Gallery
I've got two of these 4X3 Fernco fittings if anyone wants them. I decided to go with aftermarket LED's. I can't return the fittings because I notched the back for the connectors. I'll send them out for the cost of Flat Rate USPS so you'll save a couple bucks.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #56
CanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud of

CanadianTRDOffRd's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone come up with a good solution for the aluminum bumper yet?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #57
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTRDOffRd View Post
Anyone come up with a good solution for the aluminum bumper yet?
The holes in the aluminum are 5" correct?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #58
CanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud ofCanadianTRDOffRd has much to be proud of

CanadianTRDOffRd's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...while the steel one is 4.5
Old 03-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #59
I'm your huckleberry

I thought the steel was 4". The stock fogs fit perfect in my steel bumper with the fernco. My Dad's aluminum bumper is supposed to be here this week or next. I will see what we can do to get them in there.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #60
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Aluminum is 5" w/ 4.75" ID and steel's are 4.5" OD and 4.25" ID just to clarify for everyone.