Kahunabert1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bert
Kahunabert1's Tacoma Gallery
The price is right for this 12000.LB winch $299.00
Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #182
wingshooter is on a distinguished road
Name: Glenn
wingshooter's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in a DIY for a 02 Tacoma. Do you have a picture of one with the headlight loops? I for sure want the center hoop and light cut outs. Would like the head light hoops just not sure how they look. And still about $125.00 shipping to central time zone.

Glenn
Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #183
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Glenn, I do not have pics of one on a 1st gen, only second gen's. The bend on the tube would be very similar to the second gen, and of course being DIY you can manipulate the height and position of the tubes prior to welding as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #184
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
TPain's Tacoma Gallery
I am also looking at the DIY front and rear bumpers on an 01 Tacoma. How many pieces come in each kit that need to be welded?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #185
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPain View Post
I am also looking at the DIY front and rear bumpers on an 01 Tacoma. How many pieces come in each kit that need to be welded?
There are quite a few pieces.... Only the large main plates are bent, all the rest around the sides are individual pieces that get joined and the seams welded and sanded.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #186
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
There are quite a few pieces.... Only the large main plates are bent, all the rest around the sides are individual pieces that get joined and the seams welded and sanded.
Do they come labeled or with instructions? just curious
Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPain View Post
Do they come labeled or with instructions? just curious
Not at this time. Its DIY and can be assembled pretty easily by looking at a pic of an assembled bumper. Joining parts have edge dimensions that are the same, so once you start its pretty easy to put together.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #188
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not at this time. Its DIY and can be assembled pretty easily by looking at a pic of an assembled bumper. Joining parts have edge dimensions that are the same, so once you start its pretty easy to put together.
Ok, that makes sense.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #189
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I built one of the DIY ones, it is pretty simple. Only got confused on a part or two and Eric helped me out with it.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #190
rinn182 is on a distinguished road
rinn182's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I would ask this here instead of personally contacting you just in case anyone else may want to know. Can the DIY kit be had in aluminum? I'm curious about 96-04 models. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #191

Yes it can, for $125 extra.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #192
kemosabee is on a distinguished road

Name: James
kemosabee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kemosabee Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabee
Hey there, does anyone have any pics of what the bumper looks like these days? I bought a DYI bumper but looking at the pics on here and what I have are two different versions. I am welding it up tonight and would appreciate some pics of the bumper, underneath and behind it so I get all my pieces installed correctly. I am just a bit confused on some pieces and where they are actually supposed to be.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #194
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4banger View Post
pics of the full bar wrap and light protection?
I put my creeper skills to work. Here is his truck, so I would imagine they would be the same if not at least close.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemosabee View Post
Hey there, does anyone have any pics of what the bumper looks like these days? I bought a DYI bumper but looking at the pics on here and what I have are two different versions. I am welding it up tonight and would appreciate some pics of the bumper, underneath and behind it so I get all my pieces installed correctly. I am just a bit confused on some pieces and where they are actually supposed to be.
I'll send you some pics of my Bumper up close and it should make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4banger View Post
pics of the full bar wrap and light protection?
Here's another
Old 09-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #196
kemosabee is on a distinguished road

Name: James
kemosabee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kemosabee Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabee
Quote:
I'll send you some pics of my Bumper up close and it should make sense.

That would be awesome.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #197
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Could you tell me the maximum spread distance of the center hoop? I am looking at how large of an LED bar can fit in the middle. I am pretty sure I will be getting one of your DIY kits, I am just thinking about any custom pieces I may want to be added, and still not sure on if I want to install flush mount lights that won't require additional cutting, or if I want to go with the recessed lighting. Is there a chance you could post a picture of just the base front that has nothing extra (no fog light or turn signal cut outs) so that I can see what it looks like? Thanks for your time.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #198
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
DIY kit is very simple i made two of them recently and extremely easy to weld together.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Could you tell me the maximum spread distance of the center hoop? I am looking at how large of an LED bar can fit in the middle. I am pretty sure I will be getting one of your DIY kits, I am just thinking about any custom pieces I may want to be added, and still not sure on if I want to install flush mount lights that won't require additional cutting, or if I want to go with the recessed lighting. Is there a chance you could post a picture of just the base front that has nothing extra (no fog light or turn signal cut outs) so that I can see what it looks like? Thanks for your time.
A 20/22" bar is the largest that will fit. The inside hoop spread is roughly 27-28" I believe, the entire width of the bumper center section at the top of the bumper is about 32" so trying to fit a 30" on top would push the hoop ends out into headlights I believe. A 20/22" is the max to recess in place of the winch mount as well.
I actually dont have any pictures of a complete base bumper/no fogs/no tube, I dont think I've built one! Everyone options their bumpers up a bit and puts cutouts in the wing plates at the least.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #200
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Well I am looking at a base bumper with center hoop as a DIY kit. I know that there is a good lead time to get bumpers built. What is the current lead time on a DIY kit? I would also like to know how much additional it would be to install light mounts on the hoop, and get the two center fog light cut outs. Sorry, I know this looks so dry and cold after reading it. I am at work and have been sending out about a dozen emails to customers and suppliers. I tend to try and be real professional sounding there. lol.