Notices

Swing Away Tire Carrier???

Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
TMASS has a spectacular aura aboutTMASS has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Prior 2nd Class Petty Office(EO2) with the Navy Seabee's
Name: T-MASS
TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
Swing Away Tire Carrier???

Do you have any photo's of your swing away tire carrier mod?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
..... Wow.... Looks good!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just put one on an FJ rear bumper and have some pics, but there are some Tacoma rears with swingouts coming as well. Stay tuned!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Just put one on an FJ rear bumper and have some pics, but there are some Tacoma rears with swingouts coming as well. Stay tuned!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's some pics of one on a 1st gen rear.
Final swingout design on future 1st and 2nd gen bumper orders may be slightly different than the one pictured. It was the 1st one built so there were a few things i'd like to do slightly different for future ones.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Eric , what size is the pin ?
Spindle?
I believe 1 1/2" spindle shaft diameter with 2 1/4" DOM for the outer sleeve, and has tapered roller bearings. It's 1750lb rated IIRC.
However, I may be switching to a different spindle in the future. It's not due to one really being better than the other, but because there is someone local that makes them so its a little easier to just call them and then go pick them up when needed versus having to order online and deal with shipping these things and the time of shipping. Shipping was about $20 for 2 of those spindles due to their weight!

Edit:
Post #9000! lol
Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Spindle?
I believe 1 1/2" spindle shaft diameter with 2 1/4" DOM for the outer sleeve, and has tapered roller bearings. It's 1750lb rated IIRC.
However, I may be switching to a different spindle in the future. It's not due to one really being better than the other, but because there is someone local that makes them so its a little easier to just call them and then go pick them up when needed versus having to order online and deal with shipping these things and the time of shipping. Shipping was about $20 for 2 of those spindles due to their weight!

Edit:
Post #9000! lol
Ya , sorry , spindle .

I see this guy is in BC , that's cool
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Ya , sorry , spindle .

I see this guy is in BC , that's cool
Yep, built these back around February-March I want to say, had a tough deadline due to him moving far north BC and needing to keep shipping cost down so they had to arrive before the move. They were the first set of 1st gen armor after my initial prototypes. Jason was very persistent; I recieved phone calls from him every couple weeks for 2 months time before I finally let him pre-order the armor... he was dead set on ordering from me, even though I hadnt even designed the bumpers yet! Guess he just really trusted my work and designs. They came out pretty good though IMO.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, built these back around February-March I want to say, had a tough deadline due to him moving far north BC and needing to keep shipping cost down so they had to arrive before the move. They were the first set of 1st gen armor after my initial prototypes. Jason was very persistent; I recieved phone calls from him every couple weeks for 2 months time before I finally let him pre-order the armor... he was dead set on ordering from me, even though I hadnt even designed the bumpers yet! Guess he just really trusted my work and designs. They came out pretty good though IMO.
He was in BC at the time or moved up afterwards ?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #13

Quote:
He was in BC at the time or moved up afterwards ?
He was in BC, but only outside Vancouver at the time. Now I think he's like a couple days drive up north from there.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He was in BC, but only outside Vancouver at the time. Now I think he's like a couple days drive up north from there.
LOL

Bugs and bears
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Wait until you see the new one he's working on. It's a high clearance rear caged bumper with double swing aways. One holds the spare & a table the other one holds a gas can. It's still a work in progress & I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #16
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
Wildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWildlandtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
Wildlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Wait until you see the new one he's working on. It's a high clearance rear caged bumper with double swing aways. One holds the spare & a table the other one holds a gas can. It's still a work in progress & I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #18

Should have pics up next week for everyone to see. Will also be doing another dual swingout with spindles in a month or so.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Should have pics up next week for everyone to see. Will also be doing another dual swingout with spindles in a month or so.
Giggity.