Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

05+ Tacoma skid plates GB/Sale 3/15-4/15

Old 07-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #1001
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
looks good! my front came down about 1/2" as well
Thank you! I really need it that 1/2". I have to figure a way to get it back.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #1002
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
Thank you! I really need it that 1/2". I have to figure a way to get it back.
What front lift do you have George?
If its adjustable coil overs, crank em up a little.
If its a set lift like 5100s or ome coils, add a small 1/4" thick top spacer to the strut.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #1004
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
What front lift do you have George?
If its adjustable coil overs, crank em up a little.
If its a set lift like 5100s or ome coils, add a small 1/4" thick top spacer to the strut.
I have OME with 886 and 1/2" top plate. I don't think I can ad anything else.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #1005
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have OME with 886 and 1/2" top plate. I don't think I can ad anything else.
886 + top plate spacer? wow unless those coils are sagged, I would think that's almost at 4" no?

This was my truck (granted before armor) with 886s + top plate spacer

busted a CV boot ON ROAD with that set up. I took off the top plate spacer, added a bunch of armor and winch, and I'm still at 3"
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #1006
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
wow how did the truck drop 1/2" after just adding 135lbs to the ceterline of the truck??? i have the 885's on mine and they didnt budge with all the skids on it? did you add the bumper at the same time?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #1007
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
What's the spring rate of an 886?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #1008
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
What's the spring rate of an 886?
660 lbf/in
Old 07-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #1009
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
maybe its me but something doesnt seem right about 135 lbs dropping the front of an 886 supported truck. esp when the weight wouldnt be solely on the front end. or am i mistaken?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
wow how did the truck drop 1/2" after just adding 135lbs to the ceterline of the truck??? i have the 885's on mine and they didnt budge with all the skids on it? did you add the bumper at the same time?
I don't know if you notice my picture but I have a lot of weight in the front( ARB bumper with winch and outher stuff). Probably thats why.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
886 + top plate spacer? wow unless those coils are sagged, I would think that's almost at 4" no?

This was my truck (granted before armor) with 886s + top plate spacer

busted a CV boot ON ROAD with that set up. I took off the top plate spacer, added a bunch of armor and winch, and I'm still at 3"

Next week i will receive a new set of 886 . I'll see if that changes anything.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #1012
n00b

Quote:
Next week i will receive a new set of 886 . I'll see if that changes anything.
yea it should. GL
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #1013
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know if you notice my picture but I have a lot of weight in the front( ARB bumper with winch and outher stuff). Probably thats why.

yeah that is why i asked if you added the bumper at the same time. i can easily see the bumper/winch combo bring your lift down a bit, just couldnt see the skids themselves doin that. if they did you would have to kick all passengers out of your truck when you go offroading cuz you would loose all your lift and that would suck.

btw MJonAgs32 did you paint the coils in that pic?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #1014
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post

btw MJonAgs32 did you paint the coils in that pic?
yeah painted them silver
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #1015
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
thats what i thought. had me thrown off for a second when you said they were 886's but then i thought "he must've painted them"
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1016
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
i noticed a big change when i added my bumper and skids with my 886's. sits just right now! before i added all the weight it was just a little bit to high.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #1017
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running a 700# spring, might change it up. Even with armour and bumper it's a little harsh.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #1018
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleFool View Post
So did yall have any special drill bits to go through the frame?
I use a step bit. They are pricey as a single bit, but well worth the savings in time and aggravation.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #1019
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
I use a step bit. They are pricey as a single bit, but well worth the savings in time and aggravation.
It also helps to know how to use a drill bit! The hotter u get the bit the faster it wears out! Sooooo the slower u drill, the longer the bit will last. Also use a lubricant any chance u get
Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #1020
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
I used a dewalt drill bit set I got from Amazon. Got through the frame without issue.