Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Relentless fab 2005+ Tacoma skid plate install guide

Old 05-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I know what you're talking about. I realized when I got there that I can't see shit because of the washers haha. I'm going to unbolt it tomorrow and move it around to see if that helps.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok well I'm uploading a picture whenever it pops into my email. Basically my mid skid is pushed flush with my cross member but the tcase looks to hang just a little bit lower.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #23

Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #24
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
In the process of building an IFS skid...it's amazing the amount of tweaking I've had to do to ensure proper fitment! About 10hrs in at this point. Props to Relentless for mass producing these skids!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
yes it'll fit with the diff drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Correct, they're a tad lower than some others out there to clear 1" diff drops on lifted rigs.
They could sit a tad higher, but most people buying the skids will be 3" lifted and have a diff drop, so I designed for that.
Also, the 1/4" (alum or steel) will hang a tad lower as well due to thicker plate and the cut washers for mounting on those spacers being the same material as well.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...ml#post5107220
Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #27
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2005+ Tacoma skid plate installation guide:

Tools needed:

4. 14mm wrench (ratchet wrench recommended)
5. 15mm wrench (ratchet wrench recommended)

From personal experience, ratchet wrenches are highly recommended. When you have the mid skid and tcase skid on, it's pretty hard to get to the 4 cross member bolts that hold both those skids on.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #28
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Do I have to remove those bars in order to instal the IFS skid?

Old 07-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
yessir! and then reuse 4 of the bolts from it for the forward mounts of the IFS skid.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
yessir! and then reuse 4 of the bolts from it for the forward mounts of the IFS skid.
I'll give it a try tommorow.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post

Should this be rubbing on my skid plate like this? I'm thinking of grinding out a tiny bit of the skid plate so that it doesn't vibrate so much.
Did you solved this issue? I have the same problem?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #32
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
Did you solved this issue? I have the same problem?
Hmm shouldnt be having that issue, thats why it has that existing notch in the side plate.
You could probably just loosen the front bolts and drop the front of the skid down a 1/8-1/4" and the issue would be gone. Or grind it a tiny bit if you dont want to adjust the skid down at all.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #33
Quote:
Hmm shouldnt be having that issue, thats why it has that existing notch in the side plate.
You could probably just loosen the front bolts and drop the front of the skid down a 1/8-1/4" and the issue would be gone. Or grind it a tiny bit if you dont want to adjust the skid down at all.
Some pictures. I don't see no notch. Should I grind like in the picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Relentless fab 2005+ Tacoma skid plate install guide-img_4022.jpg   Relentless fab 2005+ Tacoma skid plate install guide-img_4023.jpg   Relentless fab 2005+ Tacoma skid plate install guide-img_4023mod.jpg  
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #34

The little step down at the front of the skid is the notch I mentioned. Just grinding a tad like your drawing is probably your best solution George
Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
Quote:
The little step down at the front of the skid is the notch I mentioned. Just grinding a tad like your drawing is probably your best solution George
Thank you!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I am glad this post is here. I was about to bolt my IFS Skid on and was wondering if the front "U" channel braces would be removed or WTF, so I searched and found this nice DIY Guide. Thanks guys!

By the way, I painted mine with Eastwood Extreme Chassis black and primer was their Extrem chassis black primer. Look good (satin black) and has held up well on my sliders. doesn't scrape off even on rocks.

TW rocks!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #37
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That Taco looks familiar.
Looking forward to installing them & leaving them on soon.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #38
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Front (IFS) skidplate went on super easy and how the hell can they call the stock thing it replaces a skidplate?

So should I buy the middle skidplate to protect more of my truck?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
That Taco looks familiar.
Looking forward to installing them & leaving them on soon.
Bet you are Randy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Front (IFS) skidplate went on super easy and how the hell can they call the stock thing it replaces a skidplate?

LOL, I know right? They're stamped sheetmetal probably no thicker than the trucks fenders.... and we all know how easy those dent!
If you want to protect more of the bottom of your truck, next skid after the IFS I would add is the Tcase skid. It is the most likely to get hit in a break-over situation, and will also protect the exhaust cross-over from being crushed. The transmission is somewhat less vulnerable.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post

Just get the full set already. You'll end up doing it eventually.