Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Relentless fab 2005+ Tacoma skid plate install guide

Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #41
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
..........If you want to protect more of the bottom of your truck, next skid after the IFS I would add is the Tcase skid. It is the most likely to get hit in a break-over situation, and will also protect the exhaust cross-over from being crushed. The transmission is somewhat less vulnerable.
Thanks for the good advice. is there any risk of overheating with the mid-skid covering and kind of enclosing the cats? Trying to decide on just the transfer case skid or get both to go with my (front) IFS skid.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think there should be any, nor have I heard of any issues of heat buildup from the cats. They still have a couple inches of airspace around them
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #43
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Can your mid and tcase skids work with allpro front ifs skid? I have their mid skid but like how yours are flush!

Edit - Nevermind, looking at the mounting holes they're deff in different places!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #44
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
time to replace your ifs skid...thats what all the cool kids do.....you want to be cool dont you?????

i get bonus points for that dont i eric??? surely the peer pressure approach is worth something?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #45
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Can your mid and tcase skids work with allpro front ifs skid? I have their mid skid but like how yours are flush!

Edit - Nevermind, looking at the mounting holes they're deff in different places!
You could get the angle of the lip on the back to the t-case and I'm sure Eric could bend his mid to match. Then just drill new holes, he could send you one without holes, or you could measure your all pro hole pattern and he could probably cut the holes to match. Shouldn't be a difficult thing to do!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #46
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Good news Eric the skid you sent me saved my underside bad news my bumper got a little bent up but good thing im on the build list for that
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #47
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds like you ordered everything at the prefect time
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #48
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery
new skid

Got it installed.
Thanks Eric.
Attached Thumbnails
Relentless fab 2005+ Tacoma skid plate install guide-liveprzo4r.jpg  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #49

Cool looks like you got it with time to spare.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #50
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Cool looks like you got it with time to spare.
yes I did.Thxs for the quick ship!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #51
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
The one man without a floor jack method.

Step 1 Place IFS skid on creeper.

Step 2 Slide under truck.
Step 3 Lift front end & install two front bolts 1/2 way

Step 4 Block up rear end install middle & rear bolts.

Step 5 Finish by installing tranny & transfer skids & tighten all bolts
Step 6 Take it out & enjoy your new belly protection.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #52
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
step 7: give me one of your wheels so i can have a matched spare!!! HA!! looks good man
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #53
Gun Toting Hippie
SFyota is on a distinguished road

Army: Special Forces Medical Sergeant
SFyota's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine in the mail this week! Had it powder coated for 50$.....and will be installing tomorrow. I also got the to crossbars for the bed rails powder coated as well and they installed in minutes! Thanks for the awesome products Eric!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #54
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFMS View Post
step 7: give me one of your wheels so i can have a matched spare!!! HA!! looks good man
Step 7 NOT HAPPENING!
Thanks.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #55
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Step 7 NOT HAPPENING!
Thanks.
well i think it was still worth a shot, and i was lucky enough to finally find one for a matched spare!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 AM   #56
Patmac has a spectacular aura aboutPatmac has a spectacular aura about

Name: Pat
Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #57
89ztrain is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
89ztrain's Tacoma Gallery
anyone use erics skids with B.A.M.F. LCA skids? any issues on clearance/rubbing?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #58

The round inner tab on the BAMF skid will need to be trimmed. Simple enough, just mark a straight line and cut it off
Old 09-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #59
89ztrain is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
89ztrain's Tacoma Gallery
probably a stupid question, but any problem reaching the oil drain plug with the skids?
Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #60

Nope that's accounted for on the v6 skids for sure, and to my knowledge the 4 banger as well.