Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

The Relentless Fab lowdown thread: whats new, current builds, FAQ’s, etc.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Finished the new DCLB bolt on sliders today! Now there are no-drill install sliders available for ACLB, DCSB, and DCLB Tacomas 2005 and newer!
Check out this huge, beefy frame plate!
Sweet
Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
You haven't been around long have you...eric makes the strongest stuff around (he does use thicker steel than most do i believe in bumpers, etc)

You are making me want to trade my avid steps for bolt on sliders
He uses .120" hot rolled. This is pretty much the thinnest, weakest material to make sliders from. Thete is .08" out there but noone uses it. He offers .120 2x3 box upgrade for hybrid sliders which has improved bending resistance but not dent resistance. He offers .120 DOM, which is a different alloy from the HREW, and supposed to be 50% stronger.
He says if you want stronger he has other material choices. I asked for upcharges for stronger materials like 3/16" 2x3 box and 2" tubing out of thicker than .120" DOM or 2" 4130 but it has been a month and no word on stronger material choices. Some guys use 1/4" but I think thats overkill.

His bumpers are standard 3/16" plate. Pretty much industry standard. Only Allpoo uses thinner stuff. If he made "the strongest stuff around" it would be all 1/4" but that would be too expensive and heavy for 95% of users.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like ALMOST everyone uses 1.75" .120 wall HREW or DOM tubing. Allpro has .138 wall tubing. Though looking at nearly every other industry leader they use typically 1.75" .120 wall hrew with DOM as an option.

Eric's design is a pretty damn strong one with the square/round tube combo. I've seen plenty of sets and I think they're great. Plenty of guys on here beat them as well. I have 4x sliders myself and I wish I had Erics but whatever, he helped me bend mine back straight.

JLee (BAMF) makes very nice sliders as well with similar options and I believe for the same reasons Eric does. Or at least I know Eric has explained to me why the square tube is so much stronger/better to use in conjunction with the round.

Quote:
Some people ask why I use a square tube here is your answer
2 x 2 .120 square has nearly the same MOI (Moment of Inertia) as the 2 x 250 round, and is 35% lighter still (or 25% stronger and less than half the weight of the 1.75 x .5 round)
Eric has 3/16 and 1/4 IFS skids available and I'd argue his t-case skid design is the most solid out there with the number of bends and the plates he uses even if it's just 3/16. The IFS and mid skid are also a very excellent design and the 1/4 and 3/16 offer plenty of brute strength with no exposed bolts.

I'm betting Eric could also do 1/4 bumpers if you really wanted. Yes though 3/16 is standard just like .120 wall (though I believe he does 2" standard and not 1.75")

I'll give ya sometimes hes hard to pin down but he's ridiculously busy, I'm acutely aware of this being that I go to school a few miles from his shop. Maybe that's not an excuse but it is what it is and he's a good guy and I think he makes excellent products.

I'm sure if you had an issue you could contact him and he'd set it straight.

I hate to clog up this thread with this kind of talk but I felt it needed addressed. Maybe a mod will come and whisk all these posts into a different thread.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Does the corner bracket had a bolt to ground it? If its gonna be an antenna mount its gonna need to be grounded
Old 07-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #25
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Does the corner bracket had a bolt to ground it? If its gonna be an antenna mount its gonna need to be grounded
It looks like your best bet would be to run a grounding strap from the mount/antenna to somewhere on the frame below the bed, if you're gonna use it as an antenna mount.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
It looks like your best bet would be to run a grounding strap from the mount/antenna to somewhere on the frame below the bed, if you're gonna use it as an antenna mount.
Good point
Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #27
Palooka is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Palooka's Tacoma Gallery

dang... didn't make the list.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post

dang... didn't make the list.
Actually you are, but you're invisible!

I'll add ya, you are on it though.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Eric,

How's my order coming along?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
Palooka is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Palooka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Actually you are, but you're invisible!

I'll add ya, you are on it though.
Badass!!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Well, there is no other option besides HREW and DOM for the 2" outter tube. Tried to see if 4130 was availabe or something over the top like that or the slightly thicker .13X" DOM you mentioned Allpro uses and Shrockworks uses. No go. Ordered the new bolt ons .120" 2x3" and DOM 2", Kickouts, with the no-drill bolt on plates. I just like Eric's design aesthetic better. Will pray to the offroading gods they stay dent free.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #32
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Are you sure it doesn't need to be insulated and the radio grounded? I am not a CB expert but my antenna is insulated and it works great. I know in other radio types that I AM familiar with it depends on the wave length/type of antenna.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had my HREW Relentless sliders for more then 2 years and they have been wheeled from NC to NY with zero issues.

I even had a BMW T bone me doing about 30mph and shove my truck over a lane causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to the BMW while my sliders simply got scratched and saved my truck.

If your a moron and drive into boulders at 30mph with a 5,000# truck then yea, they will dent... If your wheeling a Tacoma hard and using your brains they will last a LONG time.

For all who think armor is supposed to last forever - it isn't.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
Sannerdm is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: David
Sannerdm's Tacoma Gallery
Finally!

Well I finally did it and joined the Relentless gear owners club... Or at least the one that I pretend exists Put my order in today for an FJ Cruiser aluminum plate bumper. Now if I could just find a way to make 5 months go by quickly.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #36
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
::hopes he pops up on this list soon::
X2
Old 07-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannerdm View Post
Well I finally did it and joined the Relentless gear owners club... Or at least the one that I pretend exists Put my order in today for an FJ Cruiser aluminum plate bumper. Now if I could just find a way to make 5 months go by quickly.
Welcome to TW and great choice in bumper.
And you can't join the club until you actualy own something Eric made.
This is what got me in the club.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #38
Sannerdm is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: David
Sannerdm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Welcome to TW and great choice in bumper.
And you can't join the club until you actualy own something Eric made.
This is what got me in the club.
Oh, well I guess im only a half member then. I only paid the deposit so far untill its made. But man I cant wait to be a full member.