With summer here and how much has been going on in the shop lately, there has been less time for me to be online/responding to PM’s and posts in my threads, so I thought a thread that gets updated every few days with current order build status’ and other info would be helpful.
To those that have waited longer than quoted for orders, thanks for the patience. I apologize for the delays and want to let you know I’m currently trying to get the lead times down in the future… Just hired my first employee! So that should help with getting things in and out of the shop a little faster and on-time!
Whats new in the Relentless shop?
As of about a week ago we're now up to 5 employees in the and working hard to run down our backlog of orders! Shorter lead times should start to appear in the next few months! Thanks for all the business and patience as our shop grows.
We've officially moved!
Our new shop is about 3x the size of the old, and much more efficient layout. I'm in the process of interviewing for 2 positions at the shop in order to provide better customer service and communication, as well as shorter lead times and more efficient flow in the shop.
We've got more going on now than ever before, so stay tuned to see what comes out of the Relentless fab shop in the coming weeks and months!
We recently went through a hiring process... now up to 3 employees around the shop, 2 of them completely new and in training from ground up. Between the recent equipment failures we were plagued with in the last month and now the training, I am playing catch-up big time! Good news though, the new help is now starting to settle in and get the hang of things and armor production is getting back up to speed. Looks like this week we've started in pumping it out quicker than ever. Thanks for the patience to those who have been waiting, we're working on better serving our customers both now, and into the future.
You can also check out our facebook page to 'like us' and stay up to date on whats new!
Here are some answers to FAQ’s regularly asked in PM’s:
(will be updated constantly)
Q: How do I order a product?
A. Orders can be done on our website, through PM here on TW, over the phone(775-200-0544 shop line), or through Email. An order is not submitted until payment/deposit is received; simply submitting a web-inquiry form or sending a single PM does not mean the order is placed, I must reply and figure out order details and get a deposit/payment.
Q: OK so I'm ready to order/ have a last question about a product/have an install question... and would like to contact you, how do I do so?
A. you can simply PM me on the forum by clicking my username and submitting a message through the forum, submit an inquiry through my website, or email me direct at relentlessfabrication[at]gmail.com or call the shop at 775-200-0544 (between 8am-5pm M-Fri PST). If we cant pick up at the moment, please leave me a message and someone will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
Q: What is the current lead time on a bumper order?
A: Currently(7/9/13) it is approximately 5 +/- months. This time may go up or down while you wait; with the extra help in the shop things are looking up, but that would be the estimated timeframe for large armor items at the moment.
Sometimes things go as planned, and and sometimes they don’t(equipment failures, supplier issues, employee issues, etc).
Lead times can vary! We ask that you, our valued customers understand that we're a small customs shop and not a large mass-production type of shop, and quality takes time.
Q: Is there a lead time on other products as well? How about a CB bracket or hi-lift base? Or sliders?
A: small parts such as CB antenna brackets and hi-lift bases are typically in-stock and ship within 1-3 business days.
Rock sliders are subject to similar waits as bumpers, but may be a little shorter; approx 3mo +/-.
Skid plate order lead times are typically 1-4 weeks depending on which skids are ordered, how much other work is going on in the shop, and also how quickly the forming shop gets the plates back to me. Sometimes they get plates back in 1-2 days, sometimes its a week and a half.
Q: Wow that lead time is pretty long! Can I just pay a little extra to get my armor sooner?
A: Sorry, I cant do that. It would be unfair to the customers who have been patiently waiting for their bumpers and armor!
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: I can take paypal, or credit card on orders placed via website, or I can arrange to take a credit card order over the phone if you do not have a paypal account or would like to put a build deposit down and not the entire payment.
Q: I want to order a bumper, how is payment done?
A: Typical payment format is 1/2 of the order total up front as build deposit, with remaining + shipping due when the armor is being built.
Q. I want to order a CB bracket/hilift base/bed bar/etc, how can I do so?
A. You can order directly through my online store!
Q: I just sold my truck/just had an unexpected bill/changed my mind... can I cancel my order?
A: Yes, orders which the build has not been started on can have the build deposit refunded, but please see my Policies/disclaimer form attached for full details and conditions for refunds and returns.
Finally, here is a list of the bumper orders that I currently have the parts for all cut in the shop and have been started to be built. (Please note that the list order may not exactly reflect the exact order in which they’re completed necessarily)
Current armor builds:
1. Josh J- 2nd gen rear/added 2012 front(front finishing)
2. Brandon M.- Loaded HC rear (finishing tire/jerry can carrier)
3. Tug B.- Alum front (cut, need to weld/sand)
4. Rick S.- 2nd gen front/rear PC'ed (done/at PC)
5. Rob D.- 1st gen front/custom rear/sliders (sliders done, working on front/rear's)
6. Dustin C.- rear done, waiting on Alum front(cut, need to weld/sand)
7. Daedalus- Custom front (need to design/cut)
8. Galen C- Alum front (cut/formed, need to weld/sand)
9. Daniel S.- Custom Alum front (cut/formed, need to weld/sand)
10. Kevin J- Sliders (need to weld on mounts)
11. Norm M.- Sliders (need to weld on mounts)
12. Courtney Y.- Sliders (just need to weld up)
13. Darin G.- Alum front/steel rear (rear cut/formed, need to cut front)
14. Willy Lakes- Sliders (cut/bent, need to assemble/weld)
15. Jeffrey B- Front, HC rear, sliders (need to cut front, need to assemble/weld/sand rear, need to assemble/weld sliders)
16. Mitchel L- Alum front (need to cut/build)
17. Albert L.- Alum front (need to weld/sand)
18. Kalvin H- Rear, custom lights (need to cut/build)
19. Mark O.- Front (cut/formed, need to build)
20. Nathan C- HC rear/sliders (need to cut rear, sliders being assembled/welded)
21. Keith C- Alum front, rear, sliders (need to build bumpers, sliders being welded)
22. Tom P- HC rear
23. Sean C- Alum front, sliders (need to cut front, sliders being welded)
24. Ryan G- 2012 front/rears (cut, need to weld/sand)
25. Bryan S.- 1st gen rear (cut/need to weld/sand)
26. Dave S.- Alum front (need to cut/build)
27. Island Cruiser- Sliders (being assembled/welded)
28. Gwen L- Sliders PC'ed (being assembled/welded)
Recently shipped/completed large armor orders(does not include skids, DIY bumpers, small parts, etc):
1. R. gardner/picked-up- front bumper, headache rack, tail gate reinforcement plate(6/26)
2. Oldretcapt/shipped- front bumper (6/29)
4. Eric L.-Sliders
5. Hawaii GB- 4 sets sliders
6. Hawaii GB- 9 sets rock sliders
7. PSUTaco85- Front and rear custom bumpers
8. Jnome- Sliders
9. Camiliosalomanda- sliders
10. Stockplus- rear bumper
11. Hotrodman-05 front and rear bumpers
12. Motogeek- 05 Front and rear bumpers
13. Mark B.- 2012 Alum Front, sliders, custom HC rear w/ dual swing outs
14. Aaron L.- 05-11 front, TRD, filled summit
15. Texasdynaryder- 1st gen front, rear
16. Madmarkie- 05-11 front, fogs, summit
17. Randy Jones- 1st gen front/rear
18. Ben C.- Armor install/ front+sliders
19. pointdexter- 05 front and rear bumper
20. BigSurTaco- 1st gen front
21. Sje- Front fogs summit
22. Scott S. Full set 2012 armor
23. Brunes- front+ HC rear w/ Tire carrier
24. rnP78- Rear bumper
25 Palooka- 05 Front and sliders
26. Gary V.- 1st gen front
27. Edward H.- Alum front, steel rear
28. Eagle5521- Steel w/ eagle head+ rear + sliders
29. mmcmahan2206- 3" BL 1st gen front
30. Bjmoose- HC w/tire carrier + custom mods
31. SGL- Alum front, DCLB sliders
32. H. Gardner- Front and rear w/custom mods
33. MelikeyTRD- custom 2012 front
34. Jim W.- Custom 2012 f/r bumpers
35. Scubatoe- 1st gen front/rear+ install
36. Kevin w.- Alum 05+
37. Skidooman- 05+ front w/PC
38. Daniel C.- 05+ front/HC rear/Sliders+ install
39. Dan E.- front, std rear, HC rear
40. my50cal- HC rear
41. Dan B.- Alum 1st gen front
42. Daniel B.- Alum 96-04
43. NewbieTaco- HC rear
44. David S.- FJC bumper
45. Bryan M.- 1st gen Tacoma bumpers
46. Marc M.- Custom Alum front
47. Scott W.- PC rear
48. Bill777- Rear and Sliders
49. Chris D.- Sliders
50. Foxymophandle- Sliders
51. Tsfenrir- Sliders
52. JerzyTaco- Sliders
53. Todd C.- Sliders
54. Bajarunner- Sliders
55. Ermine- Alum front
56. HonoluluTaco- Front, rear, IFS skid
57. DevL- Front, sliders, skids
58. Mclovin- 2012 Front
59. Triptheninja- (awaiting final payment, sliders done)
60. Thayer S.- Custom steel front w/ Rigid D2 cutouts
61. David G.- HC rear, custom Alum front w/dual Rigid D2 cutouts
62. Jerry P.- Rear
63. Thomas M.- 1st and 2nd gen rears
64. Kbenn- 05 front bumper, sliders, headache rack, bed bars, etc (finalizing shipping to Canada)
65. Jake S.- FJC front
66. Augie- Alum front, steel rear
67. Mbmack- 2nd gen front and rear
68. 89ztrain- 2nd gen Front, loaded HC rear
69. Jason G.- 2nd gen custom Alum. front w/LED, powder coated/install
70. Wheelz- 2nd gen front/rears
71. Junkguydave- 2nd gen rock sliders
72. Peter B- 2nd gen front, rear
73. Tacoma16- 2nd gen Front, HC rear
74. Raynosa1- Custom alum front
75. Colin A.- Custom alum front
76. Flynn O.- Front 05-11, PC'ed
77. Motionridr8- sliders/IFS skid