Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

The Relentless Fab lowdown thread: whats new, current builds, FAQ’s, etc.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Post The Relentless Fab lowdown thread: whats new, current builds, FAQ’s, etc.

With how much has been going on in the shop lately there has been less time for me to be online/responding to PM’s and posts in my threads, so I thought a thread that gets updated every few days with current order build status’ and other info would be helpful.

To those that have waited longer than quoted for orders, thanks for the patience! We apologize for the delays and want to let you know that we're currently trying to get the lead times down in the future and working our very hardest to get you your armor in a timely fashion. One thing I will guarantee, once you get it and see the quality and attention put into it, you'll see why things take so long!

Whats new in the Relentless shop?

Update 02/14/14
We're currently down a man after some unfortunate events, and recovering from some of their fabrication mistakes and oversights. I'm doing the majority of the welding and office work myself, the 3 other guys are busy with all the other shop duties. I'm still looking for a full time replacement welder, but this far my search has been going in circles. Skilled tradesman are hard to find these days! -At least ones to my standards. We're going to continue our search for another welder, but attempt to become more efficient and work as quick as possible with just the 4 of us around the shop. Thanks for your patience while we keep up our quality and attention into each piece of work. If you dont get ahold of us on the phone or via email immediately, we'll be in touch as soon as possible! Thanks,

Check out our facebook page to 'like us' and stay up to date on whats new!
http://www.facebook.com/RelentlessOffroadFabrication

Follow us on instagram and tag us with your Relentless armor! @relentlessfabrication @relentlessfab

Here are some answers to FAQ’s regularly asked in PM’s:
(will be updated constantly)

Q: How do I order a product?
A. Orders can be done on our website, through PM here on TW, over the phone(775-200-0544 shop line), or through Email. An order is not submitted until payment/deposit is received; simply submitting a web-inquiry form or sending a single PM does not mean the order is placed, I must reply and figure out order details and get a deposit/payment.

Q: OK so I'm ready to order/ have a last question about a product/have an install question... and would like to contact you, how do I do so?
A. you can simply PM me on the forum by clicking my username and submitting a message through the forum, submit an inquiry through my website, or email me direct at relentlessfabrication[at]gmail.com or call the shop at 775-200-0544 (between 8am-5pm M-Fri PST). If we cant pick up at the moment, please leave me a message and someone will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

Q: What is the current lead time on a bumper order?
A: Currently(7/9/13) it is approximately 5 +/- months. This time may go up or down while you wait; with the extra help in the shop things are looking up, but that would be the estimated timeframe for large armor items at the moment.
Sometimes things go as planned, and and sometimes they don’t(equipment failures, supplier issues, employee issues, etc).
Lead times can vary! We ask that you, our valued customers understand that we're a small customs shop and not a large mass-production type of shop, and quality takes time.

Q: Is there a lead time on other products as well? How about a CB bracket or hi-lift base? Or sliders?
A: small parts such as CB antenna brackets and hi-lift bases are typically in-stock and ship within 1-3 business days.
Rock sliders are subject to similar waits as bumpers, but may be a little shorter; approx 3mo +/-.
Skid plate order lead times are typically 1-4 weeks depending on which skids are ordered, how much other work is going on in the shop, and also how quickly the forming shop gets the plates back to me. Sometimes they get plates back in 1-2 days, sometimes its a week and a half.

Q: Wow that lead time is pretty long! Can I just pay a little extra to get my armor sooner?
A: Sorry, I cant do that. It would be unfair to the customers who have been patiently waiting for their bumpers and armor!

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: I can take paypal, or credit card(visa/MC/Discover) on orders placed via website, or I can arrange to take a credit card order over the phone if you do not have a paypal account or would like to put a build deposit down and not the entire payment.

Q: I want to order a bumper, how is payment done?
A: Typical payment format is 1/2 of the order total up front as build deposit, with remaining + shipping due when the armor is being built.

Q. I want to order a CB bracket/hilift base/bed bar/etc, how can I do so?
A. You can order directly through my online store!

Q: I just sold my truck/just had an unexpected bill/changed my mind... can I cancel my order?
A: Yes, orders which the build has not been started on can have the build deposit refunded, but please see my Policies/disclaimer form attached for full details and conditions for refunds and returns.

Finally, here is a list of the bumper orders that I currently have the parts for all cut in the shop and have been started to be built. (Please note that the list order may not exactly reflect the exact order in which they’re completed necessarily)

Current armor builds:
(note that orders will not necessarily ship in the exact order on the list. Some may ship slightly out of order)

1. Rob D.- 1st gen front/custom rear/sliders (sliders done, working on front and custom rear)
2. Daedalus- Custom 05-11 front (building)
3. Nathan C- HC rear/sliders (Building rear, sliders done)
4. Ryan G- 2012 front/rears (need to weld/sand)
5. Bryan S.- 1st gen rear (need to weld/sand)
6. Dave S.- Alum front (just needs tube+PC)
7. Shane W.- Alum front (cutting/forming this week, build soon after)
8. Craig G.- Front (building currently)
9. Ben C.- custom mod HC rear (being built welded/sanded)
10. Chris M.- Alum front (building)
11. Jason P.- Alum front (building)
12. Grant S. Front/rear (building)
13. Jens L. Front/rear/skids/sliders(working on bumpers, skids/sliders picked up)

We're also building several(24!) sets of sliders at the moment, for those with slider-only orders, they'll likely be shipping before ending up on this list in most cases.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More to come soon!

OP list updated 4/1/14. If your name was on the build list and has been removed, your armor shipped recently!
If your name is not on the list and you believe it should be, we may very well have already started on your order and it just hasn't made it here yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Relentless_fab_disclaimer.pdf (1.61 MB, 222 views)
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea Eric.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
wildmank99 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: swat team
Name: kevin
wildmank99's Tacoma Gallery
Eric

How far down that list am I

kevin
Old 06-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery

Oh, and added on Facebook.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
toyoteron is on a distinguished road
Name: Myles
toyoteron's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea.

Congrats on expanding to the land of employees.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got access to Renotacoma's truck this morning and ended up prototyping a few long over due items...

Hi-lift bed rail mounts for 05+ Tacomas, as well as corner tie down brackets. The tie down brackets tie the two bed rails together to add strength and rigidity for securing heavy items such as dirt bikes, yard care equipment, and construction equipment. A light, CB antenna, or whip flag could also be mounted to the single hole in the tie down brackets so they're multi-functional!

DCLB no-drill bolt on slider plates were also completed, so no drill sliders are currently available for all 05+ Tacomas, except reg-cab's(but they'll be available in the future).

I'll have prices for everything figured out next week.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Bee22971 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: VCMO
Name: Garth
Bee22971's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Name: Don
whereismymind's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

I have the JP corner brackets and was thinking a tubed light bar that mounted to them would be a good option.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereismymind View Post
Sub'd

I have the JP corner brackets and was thinking a tubed light bar that mounted to them would be a good option.
interesting idea. Thanks for bringing that up
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
wildmank99 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: swat team
Name: kevin
wildmank99's Tacoma Gallery
that would be great if you could do that Eric
Old 07-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
whats the price on those corner tie downs?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJersey View Post
whats the price on those corner tie downs?
I think they'll be $50+ $11 flat rate USPS shipping. Haven't completely set the price yet though. Have to double check costs
Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #15

Finished the new DCLB bolt on sliders today! Now there are no-drill install sliders available for ACLB, DCSB, and DCLB Tacomas 2005 and newer!
Check out this huge, beefy frame plate!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd sandwiches
Old 07-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #17
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
I say becareful when ordering from relentless (Eric) my sliders were not up to par
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
I say becareful when ordering from relentless (Eric) my sliders were not up to par
You haven't been around long have you...eric makes the strongest stuff around (he does use thicker steel than most do i believe in bumpers, etc)

You are making me want to trade my avid steps for bolt on sliders
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
How are they not up to par? I have not yet got a pic of my hood light mounts, but no joke I would feel safe bolting it to the frame and using that as a tow point.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
wut