Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Eric roof rack????

Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Eric roof rack????

Do you have a roof rack in the works, have yet to see a decent one on a tacoma, just wondering? Am i the only one interested in one or is anyone else
Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ive considered it, just havent had time to pursue building one. I'll probably start with one for my 4runner, see how it turns out and learn what works and doesnt, then try and get a DC tacoma in my shop to try and make one.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Ive considered it, just havent had time to pursue building one. I'll probably start with one for my 4runner, see how it turns out and learn what works and doesnt, then try and get a DC tacoma in my shop to try and make one.
Eric, I hope you don't mind me chiming in but, I've made a couple. If you want, shoot me a text. I can help you out.

Here's what I've ran into with roof racks though;
-They're up in the wind
-They're noisy
-They hinder fuel mileage

It's because of that most stay away from roof racks. That's also the reason I went with the bed rack/cage I've got now.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Eric, I hope you don't mind me chiming in but, I've made a couple. If you want, shoot me a text. I can help you out.

Here's what I've ran into with roof racks though;
-They're up in the wind
-They're noisy
-They hinder fuel mileage

It's because of that most stay away from roof racks. That's also the reason I went with the bed rack/cage I've got now.
don't mind you chiming in at all Derek.
I figured they would lead to some wind noise, and low profile would be a must to keep them from causing too much drag. How much of a mpg drop did you see?
I'll be doing a type of bed rack for my Tacoma soon, think it will look better for my truck and more functional. I'll do s some sort of skin on the top to support cargo, as well as help give my dogs shade from the hot Nevada sun.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
don't mind you chiming in at all Derek.
I figured they would lead to some wind noise, and low profile would be a must to keep them from causing too much drag. How much of a mpg drop did you see?
I'll be doing a type of bed rack for my Tacoma soon, think it will look better for my truck and more functional. I'll do s some sort of skin on the top to support cargo, as well as help give my dogs shade from the hot Nevada sun.
That's the purpose of the spare tire on mine!

Mine dropped roughly 1.5 mpg. Driving around town it wasn't too noticeable, but on the open road it was rather hard to maintain 70mph with the amound of drag.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #6

your dog fits under there? lol. Mine sure wouldn't! 90lb german shepherd and a 6mo old 70lb shepherd/husky mix. I have to do something a little taller for them, mine will be more expo style than prerunner. Looks like a unique rack though, never seen one like it.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
90lb german shepherd and a 6mo old 70lb shepherd/husky mix.
Carson has a buddy now?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
your dog fits under there? lol. Mine sure wouldn't! 90lb german shepherd and a 6mo old 70lb shepherd/husky mix. I have to do something a little taller for them, mine will be more expo style than prerunner. Looks like a unique rack though, never seen one like it.
I have a shepherd that would rather lay down than stand when in the truck. But, that tire carrier actually will pivot off the front and raise roughly 8". We are actually re-homing him tomorrow. Our house isn't large enough, nor is the yard. We will be keeping our Pit and Lab/Collie though.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ill bring this back from the dead been working on a design of my own that i hope to start late spring-summer of next year. underneath the tire (sized as 255/85/16) is a "y" shape, you can see part of it.

Eric roof rack????-screen-shot-2012-12-08-4.04.03-pm.jpg
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEWBIETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to see it id love to have one like that I just want one for up top the cab only, but I guess a trailer wouldnt be bad for hauling dirtbikes around on. I like the tie down point for the tire but what is the 2x8 inch block for the front for????