Notices

Head ache rack

Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
Head ache rack

Need a head ache rack 4 a 99 1st gen taco. How much.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntr Pat View Post
Need a head ache rack 4 a 99 1st gen taco. How much.
Depends on a few things.
Steel or aluminum?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #3

what ever cheaper aluminum cantbe that strong. I'd say steel\
Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what ever cheaper aluminum cantbe that strong. I'd say steel\
aluminum can be plenty strong
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
Had an aluminum rack on my old diesel and it held kayaks and wood and numerous other heavy items
Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Of all of the head ache racks I have seen 99% have been Aluminum. Even on semi tractors.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have an aluminum headache rack , it's strong as hell and will haul whatever I have ever put on it , in my case 20' lumber
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #9

Aluminum best features is its weight ratio and its much more exspensive. I'd compare the price for both. I just need standard head ache rack with light tabs, and a opening for slider window tab on the for a vhf antenna on bottom right side. need to see some models.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aluminum best features is its weight ratio and its much more exspensive. I'd compare the price for both. I just need standard head ache rack with light tabs, and a opening for slider window tab on the for a vhf antenna on bottom right side. need to see some models.
You gonna mount lights up top or rear facing ?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #11

lights rear facing. will load lumber but that what they make trailers for. may haul some lumber from time to time.light tabs should be on bottom of top bar. rear facing so it dont interfere on loading.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lights rear facing. will load lumber but that what they make trailers for. may haul some lumber from time to time.light tabs should be on bottom of top bar. rear facing so it dont interfere on loading.
Cool

I don't own a trailer , at least not yet

Would you get a cage to protect the back window ? I had that on my old truck , saved my back window a few times hauling firewood
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #13

I use my Taco for hunting mostly. so if I have a roll over at least I have the headache bar. I would cage around and have the slider exposed. whats good is a slider if you can't use it.\
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I use my Taco for hunting mostly. so if I have a roll over at least I have the headache bar. I would cage around and have the slider exposed. whats good is a slider if you can't use it.\
I use my slider for ventilation
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Oz, where did you get your rack? Is it a relentless? I checked your build, but that didn't help much lol
Old 10-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Hey Oz, where did you get your rack? Is it a relentless? I checked your build, but that didn't help much lol
No , mine is from a Canadian truck accessory store called Cap-it , anything Eric builds will be even stronger than the one I have , having said that mine never had any issues with any load I hauled with it .
Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No , mine is from a Canadian truck accessory store called Cap-it , anything Eric builds will be even stronger than the one I have , having said that mine never had any issues with any load I hauled with it .
Alright, I was hoping You would say a Canadian store . Eric makes great stuff, but if I can get it locally im sure it will be cheaper. thanks Oz
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Alright, I was hoping You would say a Canadian store . Eric makes great stuff, but if I can get it locally im sure it will be cheaper. thanks Oz
Yikes

Unanticipated vendor thread derailment

Sorry Eric
Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
OP, Bedracks are very easy to build, so if you are able to find a local fabricator/welder, they should be able to build you one for a few hundred, give or take, depending on what you want.

this is for a 2nd gen, but the dimensions could easily be adapted for a 1st gen.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yikes

Unanticipated vendor thread derailment

Sorry Eric