Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

The original! Relentless fab tailgate reinforcements

Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #21
mattn85 is on a distinguished road
mattn85's Tacoma Gallery
I would also like to order one of these for my tailgate, but I am wondering if anyone has them installed with a tonneau cover.

This is my cover: http://www.agricover.com/access/lorado/#close

Also, I have a slight bend in the bottom middle of mine (maybe .5 inch in the middle) would this be pulled straight when installing the new reinforcing plate?

Thanks for any info.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #22
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have experience fitting with tonneau's unfortunately so I can't give you a definitive answer
Old 08-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #23
tomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomwil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattn85 View Post
Also, I have a slight bend in the bottom middle of mine (maybe .5 inch in the middle) would this be pulled straight when installing the new reinforcing plate?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tailgate.html
Old 09-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #25
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PM replied
Old 09-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #26
assaultrecon28 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
assaultrecon28's Tacoma Gallery
I like the diamondplate ones on your website, Is that the steel or aluminum?
Old 09-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #27

Its aluminum but we only offer them on special run here and there. They're not a standard stocked/fabricated style as they're less popular and sit around a while when we make them.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #28
ailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ailll1's Tacoma Gallery
Do you ship to Canada? Couldn't find any info on your website...
Old 09-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #29
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone run one of these with a bestop? Curious if it will still sit flush.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #30
Texas Transplant Taco
ClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to beholdClayCrusher is a splendid one to behold

ClayCrusher's Tacoma Gallery
Received my PC Black diamond plate one today! Looks great! Can't wait to install!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #31
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
FYI: I have a Leer shell and the tailgate reinforcement fits fine. I just adjusted the position of the shell on the bed rails to gain some clearance. I maybe moved the shell back 1/4 inch or less. You really have to look to see the difference and it works fine.

1. Protector installed
2. No protector and window shut
3. Protector installed and window doesn't shut
4. Shell moved back to clear the protector and window now shuts.
5. Protector installed window open

Sorry if pics are a little fuzzy, I will try to get some better shots later.

My truck does have a Rhino liner so that might slightly change the clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
The original! Relentless fab tailgate reinforcements-img_1796.jpg   The original! Relentless fab tailgate reinforcements-img_1797.jpg   The original! Relentless fab tailgate reinforcements-img_1798.jpg   The original! Relentless fab tailgate reinforcements-img_1802.jpg   The original! Relentless fab tailgate reinforcements-img_1803.jpg  

Old 10-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #32
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattn85 View Post
I would also like to order one of these for my tailgate, but I am wondering if anyone has them installed with a tonneau cover.

This is my cover: http://www.agricover.com/access/lorado/#close

Thanks for any info.
I have a different cover than you but mine works great with my Truxedo lo pro qt cover.

Real quick review. I got my protector from Eric when they were practically a new item and he did a GB (couple of years ago). I bought it because I read on here about a lot of people bending their tailgates and I always heard some squeak/creak noises whenever I was on mine. After I installed it I have no more noises and it feels MUCH more solid. Good peace of mind when loading up the bed from Home Depot or putting in the toys. I bought the smooth aluminum one.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #33
TRDWEST is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, 45TH MICO, 4/2 SBCT
Name: Jesse
TRDWEST's Tacoma Gallery
can this product be ordered without the overlapping lip on the top of the tailgate, I would like to keep the stock look but still have the reinforcement underneath?
Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #34
DonNH is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
DonNH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDWEST View Post
can this product be ordered without the overlapping lip on the top of the tailgate, I would like to keep the stock look but still have the reinforcement underneath?
The lip is what adds most of the stiffness to the unit.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #35
TRDWEST's Tacoma Gallery
oh, well does the lip look factory at all? the pics on relentless website doesn't show it very well
Old 10-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #36
“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Delta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelta00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Delta00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDWEST View Post
oh, well does the lip look factory at all? the pics on relentless website doesn't show it very well
I'd say it looks factory, if not better. You can kinda see the lip here

This is on a first gen but you can see the lip

Old 10-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #37
TRDWEST's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow that's looks really good I'm going go have to add this to my list for Santa )
Old 10-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #38

over a dozen powder coated reinforcements shipped out today! Lots of people should have tracking numbers, and 2 more bare ones are headed out tomorrow. Thanks for the orders guys!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #39
JDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
How wide is the flat surface of the lip to the nearest quarter inch on the steel model (should it differ from the aluminum)? Thinking of the magnet-velcro setup for the Softopper and what the right width for the magnet should be.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
How wide is the flat surface of the lip to the nearest quarter inch on the steel model (should it differ from the aluminum)? Thinking of the magnet-velcro setup for the Softopper and what the right width for the magnet should be.
PM replied. I believe it's 1.25"