Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Relentless Fab DIY bumper/sliders on SALE!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless Fab DIY bumper/sliders on SALE!

Hello everyone, we've just thrown up a discount code for use on our website good on all DIY bumper kits as well as our DIY rock slider kits!
Discount active now until the end of the month(4/16-5/1)

These parts are a "weld it yourself" kit of all our bumper components for our popular full fab bumpers, but with a much shorter lead time! Simply remove stock bumper, install our pre-fab center section onto truck, assemble/tack together the pieces of the kit right on your truck to assure proper alignment, then remove, weld, sand, and finish with paint and enjoy your bumper!

The DIY bumpers take an estimated 4 to 8 hours to complete in most cases, depending on the kit and skill level of the person doing the work. We recommend all kits be built by a skilled individual to ensure your safety when using them on the trail!

Lead times will be approximately 2-4 weeks estimated prior to shipping depending on how may orders we get in short succession.

DIY kits typically ship UPS ground to your door, however if you're ordering multiple kits then going all together on one pallet via freight is suggested to save you on shipping.

DIY bumpers are available for the following vehicles:

1996-04 Tacoma (front/rear)
2005-11 Tacoma (front/rear)
2012+ Tacoma (front/rear)
2003-05 4Runner (front)
2006-09 4runner (front)

Rock slider kits available for the same models. All weld-it-yourself rock sliders are available only in weld-on style, sorry no bolt on option is available. With the right skills, you may be able to make your own mounting plates and make them into a bolt on product however!
WIY sliders come with rails assembled and tacked together, just finish weld, measure for mounting positions and weld the mounting legs/gussets/frame plates on then paint and weld onto the vehicle.

To get the discount, enter code "diydealdays" at checkout on my website. Orders must be placed through the site, though everyone should feel free to PM me with questions before ordering.

Please note that the DIY bumpers/sliders do NOT ship with detailed instructions on how to complete the kit.

There are also images on my website showing how the kits will come, number of pieces etc. The images show the correct layout and orientation, so the kits are relatively simple to fit together like a puzzle when you know what goes where via the pics shown and using the corresponding similarly dimensioned edges.

Completed customer DIY bumper examples

DIYs ready for wrap and then shipping
Old 04-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
maybe i wasn't paying attention, but what are the actual discount rates? Does it include the aluminum bumpers too? Thanks! this is great
Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It does include the Aluminum, enter the code with the items in your cart on my site and it'll show all the discount info
Old 04-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
BudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BudMan's Tacoma Gallery
So much want, but I gotta baby on the way in a few weeks. Plus the govt just bent me over on tax day. Awesome deal, maybe next time for me!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
kemosabee is on a distinguished road

Name: James
kemosabee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kemosabee Send a message via Yahoo to kemosabee
Dammit, want to go all RF armor but buying a house so will have to wait.. maybe next time.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Jeeps Suck
phillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeeps Suck
phillstill's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to get the rear bumper kit without the cutout hi-lift jacking points and the cutout R? I plan on installing a Swing away tire carrier and would like that area to be solid.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasphillytacoma View Post
Is it possible to get the rear bumper kit without the cutout hi-lift jacking points and the cutout R? I plan on installing a Swing away tire carrier and would like that area to be solid.
Hi lift notches will be in all bumpers, but the R's are gone by default on the DIY's
Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #8
sledr13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
sledr13's Tacoma Gallery
Are your HC rear bumpers available as DIY?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledr13 View Post
Are your HC rear bumpers available as DIY?
They are not, sorry. One of the only items I do not DIY.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #10
getpsycho is on a distinguished road
getpsycho's Tacoma Gallery
shipping to Canada?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #11

Sorry, we've stopped shipping to canada.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #12
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a rear plate bumper

Estimate for shipping out is still as above, 4 weeks ish?
Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Ordered a rear plate bumper

Estimate for shipping out is still as above, 4 weeks ish?
Thanks for the order!
At the moment it is; Doing our best to knock everything out in line with quoted times. CNC is going to be running damn near nonstop the rest of this week!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 AM   #14
BlackJack Taco
Lord Kanti is on a distinguished road

Lord Kanti's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck yeah for procrastination! I just got my truck back from the shop and haven't ordered a bumper kit yet. Looks like I better ask all my questions ASAP so I can order today. Besides choosing between summit bars and a full grille guard, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about bumper lights. Before I ask about the fog cut outs, Can you add the option for blinker light cut outs for the aluminum kits? I just bought a brand new set of Blacked out headlights, corner lights, and blinkers as well as had them mounted in fiberglass for a pretty penny. Despite wanting to do the corner light relocation mod, I think I'd rather just stick the blinkers in the factory location and not have to deal with risking a botched job on brand new hardware, especially after paying a shop to restore my vehicle. Also, will the OEM blinkers fit, and mount the same as stock?

Regarding the foglights I have a couple questions: first, how do the lights mount? Is there a tab below the cut out welded to be used as a mounting point for traditional off road lights, with the mounting bracket and screw on the bottom of the light, and how do the square lights mount up? I see that there are Rigid-esque lights that have different Dually setups and different mounts. Is one favored over another, say the flush mount vs the lower light bracket mount? Can the bumper accommodate either? Also, are the square fog holes fabricated as recessions, or are they merely holes cut out in the bumper? By recessions, I mean are they fabricated with sidewalls to keep the light beams parallel with the road, such as in this example:

Or are the holes for the lights merely just holes similar to the winch holes? I'm concerned that non-recessed holes will expose the innards of the bumper to the elements, and/or mounting the lights flush with the surface of the bumper, rather than installing them perpendicular to the road will cause the beams to splay outwards rather than forward.

And I suppose for one last question, can the bumper accommodate fog lights AND blinkers, or is there only room for one or the other?

P.S. Will the Dually lights with either 6 LEDs or 4LEDs fit the same? I see that there are different Qube lights and I was wondering if the x6 LED se t up would be too wide. Hopefully all these questions make sense. I suppose I can call at a decent hour and confirm before ordering today.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kanti View Post
Fuck yeah for procrastination! I just got my truck back from the shop and haven't ordered a bumper kit yet. Looks like I better ask all my questions ASAP so I can order today. Besides choosing between summit bars and a full grille guard, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about bumper lights. Before I ask about the fog cut outs, Can you add the option for blinker light cut outs for the aluminum kits? I just bought a brand new set of Blacked out headlights, corner lights, and blinkers as well as had them mounted in fiberglass for a pretty penny. Despite wanting to do the corner light relocation mod, I think I'd rather just stick the blinkers in the factory location and not have to deal with risking a botched job on brand new hardware, especially after paying a shop to restore my vehicle. Also, will the OEM blinkers fit, and mount the same as stock?

Regarding the foglights I have a couple questions: first, how do the lights mount? Is there a tab below the cut out welded to be used as a mounting point for traditional off road lights, with the mounting bracket and screw on the bottom of the light, and how do the square lights mount up? I see that there are Rigid-esque lights that have different Dually setups and different mounts. Is one favored over another, say the flush mount vs the lower light bracket mount? Can the bumper accommodate either? Also, are the square fog holes fabricated as recessions, or are they merely holes cut out in the bumper? By recessions, I mean are they fabricated with sidewalls to keep the light beams parallel with the road, such as in this example:

Or are the holes for the lights merely just holes similar to the winch holes? I'm concerned that non-recessed holes will expose the innards of the bumper to the elements, and/or mounting the lights flush with the surface of the bumper, rather than installing them perpendicular to the road will cause the beams to splay outwards rather than forward.

And I suppose for one last question, can the bumper accommodate fog lights AND blinkers, or is there only room for one or the other?

P.S. Will the Dually lights with either 6 LEDs or 4LEDs fit the same? I see that there are different Qube lights and I was wondering if the x6 LED se t up would be too wide. Hopefully all these questions make sense. I suppose I can call at a decent hour and confirm before ordering today.
Wow lots of questions....

For the factory turn signals, there are matched-shape cutouts in the wings and a couple tabs included to be welded inside the bumper which allow the lights to mount. When we try to cut them from aluminum the cutouts in the tabs dont come out as cleanly in aluminum, so we try to do them only on the steel bumpers.

You're correct on the fog/LED mounting. We include pieces to recess the lights into the bumper (angle cut round tube for "fog" option and CNC cut/bent plate recess for the LED) and a pair of light mount tabs. One set to be welded to the recess, and one to serve as a intermediate bolt on tab for adjustment. Of the LEDs, you'd want to go for the standard under-mount style lights which would mount much the same as the round light would. Our Rampage lights as well as the Rigid Dually use a U bracket under the housing to mount the light.
Both of the Rigid Dually/D2 and our Rampage 2/3 have the same size housings
Old 05-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Well FUG me, I didn't see this until today. lmao.

Eric, how much for your DIY rear bumper kit with following edits:
1: "hidden" receiver behind lic plate (I want as much departure angle as I can get)
2: rear lights opening for those flush mount Qube lights I got from you
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Well FUG me, I didn't see this until today. lmao.

Eric, how much for your DIY rear bumper kit with following edits:
1: "hidden" receiver behind lic plate (I want as much departure angle as I can get)
2: rear lights opening for those flush mount Qube lights I got from you
Lol I'll PM you on it. We also just ran a memorial day sale as well
Old 05-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #18
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
SONOFA.....
Old 05-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #19
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Patiently waiting on the PM sir..... lol.

And thank you for PM.....lol
Old 06-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #20
BlackJack Taco
Lord Kanti is on a distinguished road

Lord Kanti's Tacoma Gallery
Part of me wants to ask when the bumper will ship, and the other part of me doesn't because then I'd have to scratch up the dough to get it all welded together once it gets here....

:P