Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Relentless Fabrication

Notices

Relentless Fab '05-11 Tacoma plate bumpers buy

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #242
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Anyone here handy with photoshop? I'd like to see a version without the top-center 2 holes and 2 slots. Keep the fog light holes and the 3 on the bottom.

Thanks in advance if someone is up for it!
I would also be very interested in this setup. I don't think I will ever get a winch so the holes wouldn't be necessary. Are the top holes/slots needed for cooling or will the bottom three holes provide enough airflow?

I think I sold my wife on this bumper but she thinks it would look better painted white to match the truck and TACOMA painted where the holes/slots are on the front. We were thinking about having TACOMA cut out but wouldn't the A's and the O look weird without the center pieces? Do you have an example of CNC's cut job on the Tacoma word, does the font match the decals? Depending on how it looks, we might just have Tacoma cut out.

Do you have any pics of Oh-Man's color-matched bumper?

Also, I'm assuming the front will sag a little with the added weight, are springs necessary or will I be alright to run on stock suspension for a while?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #243
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvTEA View Post
I would also be very interested in this setup. I don't think I will ever get a winch so the holes wouldn't be necessary. Are the top holes/slots needed for cooling or will the bottom three holes provide enough airflow?

I think I sold my wife on this bumper but she thinks it would look better painted white to match the truck and TACOMA painted where the holes/slots are on the front. We were thinking about having TACOMA cut out but wouldn't the A's and the O look weird without the center pieces? Do you have an example of CNC's cut job on the Tacoma word, does the font match the decals? Depending on how it looks, we might just have Tacoma cut out.

Do you have any pics of Oh-Man's color-matched bumper?

Also, I'm assuming the front will sag a little with the added weight, are springs necessary or will I be alright to run on stock suspension for a while?
Sounds good. I can have the CNC do whatever font desired. So if you want the same 'Tacoma' as on the doors and such, then I can have him do that just by using a picture of the font. For the letters like 'a' and 'o' there would be some thin strips of metal left to hold the inner part of the letter so it looks correct. I havent had anyone order one with Tacoma cut into it so no pic at the moment, but I can go to the CNC cutting shop Monday and have them draw up what it would look like for you.
I actually think that idea of cutting it in the top center plate would look really cool if you dont care about a winch, and they would help with airflow as well. I can also remove part of the winch mounting plate inside without taking away the structural integrity of the bumper to lighten it a few pounds for you as well since weight seems to be a concern for you. Stock springs will probably drop around 1/2" to an inch with the bumper on there.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #244
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Sounds good. I can have the CNC do whatever font desired. So if you want the same 'Tacoma' as on the doors and such, then I can have him do that just by using a picture of the font. For the letters like 'a' and 'o' there would be some thin strips of metal left to hold the inner part of the letter so it looks correct. I havent had anyone order one with Tacoma cut into it so no pic at the moment, but I can go to the CNC cutting shop Monday and have them draw up what it would look like for you.
I actually think that idea of cutting it in the top center plate would look really cool if you dont care about a winch, and they would help with airflow as well. I can also remove part of the winch mounting plate inside without taking away the structural integrity of the bumper to lighten it a few pounds for you as well since weight seems to be a concern for you. Stock springs will probably drop around 1/2" to an inch with the bumper on there.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks for the quick response!

If you could get a drawing for me, that would be great so I can picture what it would look like.

Also, I saw on the first post that it would be $695 for the introductory price, how much would it cost if I wasn't one of the first 15? I really like the bumper, but it might want to do the lift first. Is there anyway to guarantee that my name is drawn for the refund? It would make my decision much easier!

Thanks again
Old 08-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #245
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvTEA View Post
Thanks for the quick response!

If you could get a drawing for me, that would be great so I can picture what it would look like.

Also, I saw on the first post that it would be $695 for the introductory price, how much would it cost if I wasn't one of the first 15? I really like the bumper, but it might want to do the lift first. Is there anyway to guarantee that my name is drawn for the refund? It would make my decision much easier!

Thanks again
No problem, I'll try and get a pic of what it would look like.
The price will go up to $750 for the base bumper after the intro orders are all filled, the prices of th other options will stay the same.
Lol, sorry no guarantees on getting the free one!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #246
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the color matched coating.
It did not work out as I was told so i went with the standard black.

I am using OME 885s on front now and have a set of 886s standing by.
I may need them if I put a winch on. So far so good, lot's of comments and where did you get that monster questions
Old 08-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #248
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Iluvtea, the first one is perfect! I really like the solid look. Thanks for doing that!

Relentless, what's your take on the "reduced" airflow of the winch-holes-deleted solid front plate?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #249
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
the smaller is better, but I'd get a size between the large and small. When you first mentioned the cutout, I thought of the font from the first gen badging, but this is a better fit I think.

Those of you worried about venting - why? Base bumper doesn't have anything, and it's not like you are covering the grille.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #250

Those pics look good! I think I like it either way quite a bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Iluvtea, the first one is perfect! I really like the solid look. Thanks for doing that!

Relentless, what's your take on the "reduced" airflow of the winch-holes-deleted solid front plate?
I dont think it would be too bad, as long as you arent towing at max rating in like 100* heat or something. And I think if I do some that way I'll probably make the 3 lower holes slightly larger to help overcome some of the air flow loss as a bit of insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
the smaller is better, but I'd get a size between the large and small. When you first mentioned the cutout, I thought of the font from the first gen badging, but this is a better fit I think.

Those of you worried about venting - why? Base bumper doesn't have anything, and it's not like you are covering the grille.
I agree, somewhere in between the 2 sizes would be best.

Yeah, I agree with the stock bumper comment too. The stock bumper doesnt really have all that much cut out from if for airflow either so I wouldnt really worry about having the upper part solid on these. Especially if I just make the lower holes a tad larger as well.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Eric, you have the nicest looking bumper on TW. Curious to see how much it weights.

Thanks

Tri
Thanks man!!

In base form it is roughly 100-105lbs. Add like 5-10 lbs for a center hoop, and probably like 30 for a full tube guard.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #253
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Thanks man!!

In base form it is roughly 100-105lbs. Add like 5-10 lbs for a center hoop, and probably like 30 for a full tube guard.

What i figured...around the same as the all pro one. If I don't get the Aluminess one you will be hearing from me.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
What i figured...around the same as the all pro one. If I don't get the Aluminess one you will be hearing from me.
Well, one of them out of Aluminum is a plan for the future for me so keep that in mind! I actually really like welding/working with aluminum but need some equipment to do so.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #255
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Well, one of them out of Aluminum is a plan for the future for me so keep that in mind! I actually really like welding/working with aluminum but need some equipment to do so.

I am the test truck for Aluminess Products to are designing on for the Tacoma...so we'll see. Aluminum would be nice...not as strong as steel but for most it is more than enough and is lighter. The one with full brush-guards only weight 60lbs. It didn't do anything to my suspension.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #256
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I want the aluminum bumper . Can I butt to the front of the line now ?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
only 2 more!! jump on this people!!!

Any idea when you are gonna start on the next couple bumpers?
For sure! And looks like one of the remaining 2 spots will be Tacotron so its pretty much the final slot thats still open!!
Yeah, I've got plates for the next one in my garage ready to start and my CNC shop has my order for the next one after that already. I think its gonna my WMflyfishers, then Cohrmundt, then yours! Jbraeckel and oatiger are deployed til september so I can temporarily bump past them in do theirs closer to when they're getting back here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I want the aluminum bumper . Can I butt to the front of the line now ?
haha sure, but be kinda patient. Gotta drop some cash on the stuff to be able to weld Aluminum and it aint too cheap.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Patient is my middle name .

OZ - Patient - T
hahah
Well good to know. I've been wanting to get the stuff to do it for a long time, just havent wanted to drop the cash on the stuff. I could have done it a couple months ago, but I felt a tube bender and notcher was more important at the time. About $1400 ended up getting dropped on that stuff so I need a little bit of recovery time before my next big tool purchase.

Products Discussed in this Thread