Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Relentless Fabrication (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/relentless-fabrication/)
-   -   The Relentless Fab lowdown thread: whats new, current builds, FAQ’s, etc. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/relentless-fabrication/226322-relentless-fab-lowdown-thread-whats-new-current-builds-faq-s-etc.html)

RelentlessTaco 06-25-2012 06:25 PM

The Relentless Fab lowdown thread: whats new, current builds, FAQ’s, etc.

1 Attachment(s)
With how much has been going on in the shop lately there has been less time for me to be online/responding to PM’s and posts in my threads, so I thought a thread that gets updated every few days with current order build status’ and other info would be helpful. :cool:

To those that have waited longer than quoted for orders, thanks for the patience! We apologize for the delays and want to let you know that we're currently trying to get the lead times down in the future and working our very hardest to get you your armor in a timely fashion. One thing I will guarantee, once you get it and see the quality and attention put into it, you'll see why things take so long! :o

Whats new in the Relentless shop?

Update 02/14/14
We're currently down a man after some unfortunate events, and recovering from some of their fabrication mistakes and oversights. I'm doing the majority of the welding and office work myself, the 3 other guys are busy with all the other shop duties. I'm still looking for a full time replacement welder, but this far my search has been going in circles. Skilled tradesman are hard to find these days! -At least ones to my standards. We're going to continue our search for another welder, but attempt to become more efficient and work as quick as possible with just the 4 of us around the shop. Thanks for your patience while we keep up our quality and attention into each piece of work. If you dont get ahold of us on the phone or via email immediately, we'll be in touch as soon as possible! Thanks,

Check out our facebook page to 'like us' and stay up to date on whats new!
http://www.facebook.com/RelentlessOffroadFabrication

Follow us on instagram and tag us with your Relentless armor! @relentlessfabrication @relentlessfab

Here are some answers to FAQ’s regularly asked in PM’s:
(will be updated constantly)

Q: How do I order a product?
A. Orders can be done on our website, through PM here on TW, over the phone(775-200-0544 shop line), or through Email. An order is not submitted until payment/deposit is received; simply submitting a web-inquiry form or sending a single PM does not mean the order is placed, I must reply and figure out order details and get a deposit/payment.

Q: OK so I'm ready to order/ have a last question about a product/have an install question... and would like to contact you, how do I do so?
A. you can simply PM me on the forum by clicking my username and submitting a message through the forum, submit an inquiry through my website, or email me direct at relentlessfabrication[at]gmail.com or call the shop at 775-200-0544 (between 8am-5pm M-Fri PST). If we cant pick up at the moment, please leave me a message and someone will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

Q: What is the current lead time on a bumper order?
A: Currently(7/9/13) it is approximately 5 +/- months. This time may go up or down while you wait; with the extra help in the shop things are looking up, but that would be the estimated timeframe for large armor items at the moment.
Sometimes things go as planned, and and sometimes they don’t(equipment failures, supplier issues, employee issues, etc).
Lead times can vary! We ask that you, our valued customers understand that we're a small customs shop and not a large mass-production type of shop, and quality takes time.

Q: Is there a lead time on other products as well? How about a CB bracket or hi-lift base? Or sliders?
A: small parts such as CB antenna brackets and hi-lift bases are typically in-stock and ship within 1-3 business days.
Rock sliders are subject to similar waits as bumpers, but may be a little shorter; approx 3mo +/-.
Skid plate order lead times are typically 1-4 weeks depending on which skids are ordered, how much other work is going on in the shop, and also how quickly the forming shop gets the plates back to me. Sometimes they get plates back in 1-2 days, sometimes its a week and a half. :mad:

Q: Wow that lead time is pretty long! Can I just pay a little extra to get my armor sooner?
A: Sorry, I cant do that. It would be unfair to the customers who have been patiently waiting for their bumpers and armor!

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: I can take paypal, or credit card(visa/MC/Discover) on orders placed via website, or I can arrange to take a credit card order over the phone if you do not have a paypal account or would like to put a build deposit down and not the entire payment.

Q: I want to order a bumper, how is payment done?
A: Typical payment format is 1/2 of the order total up front as build deposit, with remaining + shipping due when the armor is being built.

Q. I want to order a CB bracket/hilift base/bed bar/etc, how can I do so?
A. You can order directly through my online store! :)

Q: I just sold my truck/just had an unexpected bill/changed my mind... can I cancel my order?
A: Yes, orders which the build has not been started on can have the build deposit refunded, but please see my Policies/disclaimer form attached for full details and conditions for refunds and returns.

Finally, here is a list of the bumper orders that I currently have the parts for all cut in the shop and have been started to be built. (Please note that the list order may not exactly reflect the exact order in which they’re completed necessarily)

Current armor builds:
(note that orders will not necessarily ship in the exact order on the list. Some may ship slightly out of order)

1. Rob D.- 1st gen front/custom rear/sliders (sliders done, working on front and custom rear:spy:)
2. Daedalus- Custom 05-11 front (building)
3. Nathan C- HC rear/sliders (Building rear, sliders done)
4. Ryan G- 2012 front/rears (need to weld/sand)
5. Bryan S.- 1st gen rear (need to weld/sand)
6. Dave S.- Alum front (just needs tube+PC)
7. Shane W.- Alum front (cutting/forming this week, build soon after)
8. Craig G.- Front (building currently)
9. Ben C.- custom mod HC rear (being built welded/sanded)
10. Chris M.- Alum front (building)
11. Jason P.- Alum front (building)
12. Grant S. Front/rear (building)
13. Jens L. Front/rear/skids/sliders(working on bumpers, skids/sliders picked up)

We're also building several(24!) sets of sliders at the moment, for those with slider-only orders, they'll likely be shipping before ending up on this list in most cases.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More to come soon!

OP list updated 4/1/14. If your name was on the build list and has been removed, your armor shipped recently! :)
If your name is not on the list and you believe it should be, we may very well have already started on your order and it just hasn't made it here yet.

4Wheelin4Banger 06-25-2012 11:49 PM

Great idea Eric.

wildmank99 06-26-2012 05:49 PM

Eric

How far down that list am I

kevin

Jonesn13 06-26-2012 05:59 PM

:popcorn:

Oh, and added on Facebook.

Forster46 06-26-2012 06:11 PM

:thumbsup:

Great idea

toyoteron 06-28-2012 09:48 PM

Great idea.

Congrats on expanding to the land of employees.

RelentlessTaco 06-29-2012 10:27 PM

Got access to Renotacoma's truck this morning and ended up prototyping a few long over due items...

Hi-lift bed rail mounts for 05+ Tacomas, as well as corner tie down brackets. The tie down brackets tie the two bed rails together to add strength and rigidity for securing heavy items such as dirt bikes, yard care equipment, and construction equipment. A light, CB antenna, or whip flag could also be mounted to the single hole in the tie down brackets so they're multi-functional!

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...-25-01_776.jpg

DCLB no-drill bolt on slider plates were also completed, so no drill sliders are currently available for all 05+ Tacomas, except reg-cab's(but they'll be available in the future).

I'll have prices for everything figured out next week.

Bee22971 06-29-2012 11:40 PM

Sub'd

whereismymind 07-07-2012 10:17 PM

Sub'd

I have the JP corner brackets and was thinking a tubed light bar that mounted to them would be a good option.

RelentlessTaco 07-07-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereismymind (Post 5349549)
Sub'd

I have the JP corner brackets and was thinking a tubed light bar that mounted to them would be a good option.

interesting idea. Thanks for bringing that up

HonoluluTaco 07-08-2012 08:19 PM

Aloha Eric, great idea, is it also possible to keep the full running wait list updated on this thread? For people like Kevin aka WildmanK99 and my self that are close to getting on the list but not there yet. That way everyone knows where they stand in line and don't have to contact you as much.

wildmank99 07-08-2012 11:11 PM

that would be great if you could do that Eric

SoJersey 07-10-2012 07:24 PM

whats the price on those corner tie downs?

RelentlessTaco 07-10-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoJersey (Post 5364721)
whats the price on those corner tie downs?

I think they'll be $50+ $11 flat rate USPS shipping. Haven't completely set the price yet though. Have to double check costs

RelentlessTaco 07-12-2012 08:36 PM

Finished the new DCLB bolt on sliders today! Now there are no-drill install sliders available for ACLB, DCSB, and DCLB Tacomas 2005 and newer!
Check out this huge, beefy frame plate!
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fa25a6-97db-9165.jpg

BuzzardsGottaEat 07-12-2012 08:39 PM

Sub'd sandwiches

Halo913 07-12-2012 08:42 PM

I say becareful when ordering from relentless (Eric) my sliders were not up to par

neonlazer 07-12-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo913 (Post 5375740)
I say becareful when ordering from relentless (Eric) my sliders were not up to par

You haven't been around long have you...eric makes the strongest stuff around :) (he does use thicker steel than most do i believe in bumpers, etc)

You are making me want to trade my avid steps for bolt on sliders :)

NEWBIETACO 07-12-2012 09:34 PM

How are they not up to par? I have not yet got a pic of my hood light mounts, but no joke I would feel safe bolting it to the frame and using that as a tow point.

OZ-T 07-12-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo913 (Post 5375740)

wut