1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MOOG Part #K100128 Problem Solver Caster / Camber Cam Bolt Kit

Discussion in 'RockAuto' started by tcBob, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    tcBob

tcBob [OP] Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Originally posted by another member:

Update: Not recommended, unless MOOG has updated the design since introduction. Mine failed on the second alignment, in the same way as others have reported. The keyed washers were too weak, and the flat section of the bolt rounded out the hole, leading to a loss of the eccentric/cam action. I can't say for certain if the mechanic involved with the second alignment failed to loosen the nut before turning the bolt, but I did ask the counter person to make note of that instruction.

Either way, the OEM parts were safely saturated with Fluid Film and stored in a bag, so they're going in now. I'll speak with a friend about drilling a greaseway in the OEM parts, but I'll probably just index, remove, and grease them.

Find new OEM part numbers here:

Correct Cam Bolt Assembly Part Numbers, and Bushing Part Numbers

This kit does not allow for any alignment adjustments outside the range of the OEM parts.

I mention this because there was some confusion about the purpose of the kit in another thread. After a lift, if more caster is desired than the OEM parts can provide, aftermarket UCAs that add caster are required.

The only advantage the MOOG kit offers over OEM parts is the ability to grease the LCA cam/bolt/inner bushing sleeve via a grease zerk. The alternative is to make index marks on the OEM cam/mount to retain alignment placement, then remove/grease/replace the OEM cam & bolt. Failure to service the parts often results in the cams seizing to the inner bushing sleeve, making alignment adjustments impossible via the LCA.

Update: Now that the proper bolts appear to be shipping with the kits, there have been some questions about the correct part numbers for the "cam discs" placed at the end of the bolts, that move against the alignment tabs. I can confirm that my kits included one 826-2, one 826-4, and two 826-8 discs, and they worked properly. Some people have reported receiving an 826-3 disc instead of an 826-4 disc. Please post if that part has worked for you, or any problems with the kit.

There have been problems with the cam discs (washers) rounding out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ro...caster-camber-cam-bolt-kit-6.html#post9552858

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ro...caster-camber-cam-bolt-kit-9.html#post9798449

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ro...ster-camber-cam-bolt-kit-16.html#post10175312

Photos of the correct parts included in one kit (thanks V5ioV). Each LCA requires a kit.

826-2and826-4_zps8a1fb8ad_161a6bbf5153db493fc1a6d509a342736fc499e2.jpg826-8_zps27c24aad_5b9e0b6d836b22437a68f670f750a6db2ba2b86b.jpg

Good news! Greaseable LCA cam bolts! According to this post, MOOG has sorted out the kit and now the rear LCA bolts fit.
    To the RockAuto staff, can you confirm that all of the old kits with the wrong rear bolts have been removed from your inventory? Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

Read these threads to see why you may want to install the MOOG parts.

DIY LCA Bushing Replacement 2005+ Tacoma (4x4)

DIY LCA Cam replacement 2005+ Tacoma

Use the MOOG parts to avoid having the cam bolts seize to the inside of the bushing, which prevents alignment adjustments.

2. Feb 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    For your viewing pleasure and consideration.

IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg

3. Feb 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    ndcmack

ndcmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough
  4. Feb 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    GB, please.

5. Feb 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    I see the bright zinc finish. Wonder if they are better than OEM for corrosion protection?

6. Feb 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    ndcmack

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough

They have zerk's for greasing

7. Feb 24, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    RockAuto

RockAuto Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Our warehouses have been notified and have been asked to update their stock. After reviewing the recent order history on that part number it would appear as though our inventory is now correct.

Thank you,

www.RockAuto.com

8. Feb 24, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Is it one cam bolt kit per side? As in, to do both sides you would need two kits?

9. Feb 24, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  10. Feb 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    x2! :woot:

11. Feb 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Woot!

Of course I have two inner fender liners ship out today before I knew these were now good to go.

12. Feb 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    I need to go ahead and get these ordered.

13. Feb 24, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Well I guess I need to hop on this too before mine seize again :cool:

14. Feb 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    ndcmack

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough
    I'm going to wait for a couple more of you guys to receive the newly ordered kits and confirm correct before ordering "another" 2 kits. I've ordered twice already and went round with Moog tech line on this...Please keep us all posted as you guys receive.

Cheers to this looking solved!

15. Feb 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I'll be able to tell you before the end of this week.

16. Feb 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    ndcmack

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough
    :cheers:

17. Feb 26, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    I got them today...
    Will unpackage and post picks later this evening. :D

18. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    fail... :(

[​IMG]

I got all 4 the same size. :pout:

I know a certain parts supplier that's going to be getting a phone call tomorrow...

19. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    OME lift 4x sliders 4x skids
  20. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    OME lift 4x sliders 4x skids
    My kits were sent from Memphis, TN. One kit is the new and the other kit is the old style.

I will be grabbing a kit from my vendor tomorrow if he has the latest/greatest and returning the paper weight kit to Rock Auto :facepalm:

To Top