1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canadian Shipments

Discussion in 'RockAuto' started by Snowman, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Jul 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    Snowman

Snowman [OP] I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Why is shipping so crazy expensive for items going to Canada?
    I have never once been able to find an item on RA that had reasonable shipping prices.
    Perfect Example:
    RA.jpg

Two bumper fillers less than a pound in weight and fairly small. My only two shipping choices for these two items totaling $5 are ground shipping @ $94 or express @ $424! Then I have to pay tax on the shipping cost as well.

If RA isn't interested in Canadian buyers, why not just limit sales to USA only?

2. Jul 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    When I used Rock auto they had a contract with United Parcel Service . This means you pay brokerage fees and crazy delivery fees .
    Lets say those bumper fillers are 4 inches X 4 inches when they are packaged . The shipping company takes the 4 inches in width and says nothing else can be stacked on the package so you end up paying for using up any additional space above your package to the roof of the truck . Its not Rock Auto , its their shipping contractor.

When purchasing from the states , try and find a supplier who is willing to ship United States Postal Service and you will save a lot of $$$$$$

3. Jul 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    Snowman

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Haha I know how to buy from the states, been doing it for years and years.

I would just like an explanation from rock auto as to why their shipping to Canada is ridiculous. If it is indeed the fault of their shipper, then they should source other providers. If ups is overcharging so Canadians find the items elsewhere then ups is directly losing RA business. Which is bad for everyone.

4. Jul 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I recently purchased a bumper filler and tail light for my camry... they could have put probably 10 - 12 bumper fillers in the box... Got home to this HUGE box on my door step and wondered what else was in the box... Just the filler and tail light. Was going to order a bumper cover and the shipping would have been I think it was $90 just for the one item... Figured I'd live with what I have for now....

5. Jul 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    Snowman

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Exactly. If their shipping was better planned out then RA could have a lot more sales to Canadian buyers.

Speaking of that, I've recently made a few car part purchases through Amazon.com. Their shipping costs are normal and taxes duty are added at the checkout so no surprise fees at the door. Amazon.ca has been upping their selection for car parts recently, but they never have much stock.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  6. Sep 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    Snowman

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Thanks for the lightning quick response RA.

7. Jul 27, 2017 at 4:20 PM
    Borealis

Borealis Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Willy
    Yukon Territory
    Vehicle:
    1980 4x4 Pickup, '96 White Taco,'96 Blue Taco,'06 TRD Taco
    bush-road clusterfuck
    FWIW I just bought everything in front of Taco engine (water pump,fan clutch, fan blade,belt kit,Radiator, condenser,trans- cooler etc.) to repair a front end deer collision. Price was far less than half of what local shops wanted and total shipping via mail was around $75 Canadian... they even collected some duty and GST taxes at checkout that made cross border shopping a breeze! If that ain't a steal of a deal then what is???

To Top