Marlin Crawler "Taco Box" Sale!
Marlin Crawler "Taco Box" Sale!
Ok guys and gals. All f you with 4WD Tacoma's knows how much better your truck handles the hard stuff when you switch your transfer case into low. Now imagine being able to have another lower gear or even two lower gears. The amount of control that you would have changes your entire wheeling experience. No more banging over rocks, using speed to get you over opsticles and breaking stuff, and no more sliding down hills while standing on the brakes.
A Marlin Crawler "Taco Box" will allow you to overcome those issue with complete control.
The Marlin Crawler "Taco Box" starts it's life as the reduction portion of a Toyota Hilux gear driven case. Marlin Crawler then adds their magic with super improved parts through out. Instead of using the stock input shaft and bearings, they upgrade it with stronger and better designed parts.
There are two low range gear choices to choose from.
- The 2.28:1 low range gear which will give you your stock low range with your transfer case in low and a compound low with both the crawler and the transfer case in low.
- The 4.70:1 low range in the "Taco Supreme" which will give you your stock low range of 2.57:1 with your transfer case in low, a "Taco Supreme" low o 4.70:1 with just the crawler in low, and compound low of 12.08:1 with both your transfer case and crawler in low.
In the picture below you can see the difference between a stock styled input shaft and the Total Spline input shaft from Marlin Crawler.
Here is the difference between the stock style single row bearing found in the stock case and others crawler box's and Marlin's double row bearing.
Stock style single row bearing.
Marlin Crawler's double row bearing.
For those of you wanting to go with the "Taco Supreme" here are the benefits of going with the Marlin 4.70 XD gears instead of the others.
Taken from Marlin Crawler website.
Our new 4.70:1 XD gear set is clearly in a league all by it's self. The Marlin Crawler design and technology will take your truck to an entirely new level of confidence, performance, and dominance.
The Marlin Crawler 4.70:1 XD gear kit will replace your truck's stock 2.28:1 low range ratio with a 4.70:1 ratio, giving you a 51% lower final drive ratio. Your truck will become easier to control, harder to break traction, and will save critical components such as your clutch (if manual transmission) and your brakes. Additionally, your torque output will increase by more than 50%, which means you won't have to rev your engine to get power. You'll be able to go slower, control your vehicle, prevent bouncing and jerking, which will result in a safer trail ride with less risk of breaking parts.
Exploring the New 4.70:1 XD Technology
Marlin Crawler, the inventor of the 4.70:1 ratio in 1997, unveils their new Xtreme Duty 4.70:1 Low Range Gear Set, further establishing their stronghold on the Toyota transfer case market as the world-leader in strength, reliability, performance, and design.
Twelve years since it's creation, the most successful and longest lasting Toyota low range gear set of all time has been reinvented. Please take a moment to explore the technology of the most feature-rich gear set in the world...
AISI/SAE 8620 Steel Alloy Material
Total-Spline Input Technology
Wider Countershaft Teeth
Oversized Countershaft Shank
Slow Speed Oil Transfer System
Mainshaft Cage Bearing Oil Pump System
Countershaft Cage Bearing Oil Pump System
Tapered Shift Hub Lock System
Increased 63/32N Bearing Oiling
New Lighter-than-stock Design
1. AISI/SAE 8620 Steel Alloy Material
Our previous gear set was cut from 8620 steel alloy, and our new Xtreme Duty gears settle for nothing less. We only use material that is recognized by the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) and the Society of Automotive Engineers (ASE). Marlin Crawler means Quality.
- Excellent toughness, hardness, and wear properties far superior to OEM material.
2. Total-Spline Input Technology
Marlin Crawler invented the Total-Spline input back in 2000. Since then, the number of broken inputs and stripped out couplers have been drastically reduced. This same technology is featured in our new Xtreme Duty 4.70:1 Gears.
- The only gear set in the world with Total Splines.
- 65% Longer Splines - By far the longest lasting and the most difficult to strip.
- 15% Larger Diameter - Can handle much higher torque loads without failure.
3. Wider Countershaft Teeth
The weakest spot of the countershaft just became a whole lot stronger. The new Xtreme Duty Gear Set features extra wide teeth to spread the torque load where it matters the most.
- This is the weakest spot of the countershaft.
- 42% Wider Gear - Soaks up torque like a dry sponge.
4. Oversized Countershaft Shank
Just to make sure these Xtreme Duty gears can live up to their Marlin Crawler name, we increased the diameter of the countershaft shank. Marlin Crawler Gears are truly remarkable.
- Improved torque and shock loading.
5. Slow Speed Oil Transfer System
Our new Xtreme Duty gears are the first gears in the world to feature a specifically designed low speed oil transfer system. Think Crawling. Crawling slowly limits the amount of oil available to the mainshaft cage bearing. As the new Xtreme Duty low speed gear slowly rotates, oil is caught and lifted up where it is deposited right into our cage bearing oil pump system (described below).
- World's first low speed gear oil transfer system.
- Prevents oil starvation of mainshaft cage bearing and input pocket bearing while Crawling.
6. Mainshaft Cage Bearing Oil Pump System
This exclusive Marlin Crawler Oil Pump system is a revolutionary way of ensuring the mainshaft cage bearing keeps a maximum amount of gear oil under all driving conditions. Wether freeway driving or 1,372:1 Rock Crawling, it is important to keep all bearings lubricated.
- The only gear set in the world featuring an integrated Low Speed Gear Oil Pump.
- Increases oil to all mainshaft bearings including the 4WD idle gear cage bearing, low speed gear cage bearing, and the input pocket bearing.
- The most efficient gear set on the planet - ideal for mixed trail/highway use.
7. Countershaft Cage Bearing Oil Pump System
This all-new integrated countershaft cage bearing oil pump is truly amazing. When the countershaft gear meshes with the low speed gear, tremendous pressure is created between each tooth, and the surrounding gear oil is squished out of each bottom landing. What we have done is created two tunnels (180° apart) for this gear oil to be transferred straight to the cage bearing where it is needed.
- The only gear set in the world featuring an integrated Countershaft Oil Pump
- Extreme climates demand the Xtreme Duty Gear Set.
- Snow and Mud often prevent airflow around the transfer case - keep oil circulating when the air is not.
- The Xtreme Duty Gear Set is by far the coolest running low range gear set on the planet.
8. Tapered Shift Hub Lock System
Toyota wasn't playing around when they built a tapered shift hub lock on each and every low range gear set ever made: It prevents accidents and can even save lives. Imagine Crawling up a very steep incline. You get higher, and higher up, 30-, 40-, 50-feet and higher. Now imagine your transfer case suddenly pops into neutral! Don't let this happen to you! Other gear manufactures overlook this absolutely critical shifter locking feature and Marlin Crawler refuses to sell dangerous gear sets!
- It's a very serious issue that too many people take for granted. Protect your investment as well as your life.
9. Increased 63/32N Bearing Oiling
The countershaft is supported by two bearings, and we did not forget about the 63/32N ball bearing. The new Xtreme Duty Gear Set features a dished countershaft near the 63/32N bearing yielding a whopping 50-times more open space beneath the bearing. This allows for massive oil circulation around the bearing, which is important when the gears are used behind a restrictive dual case adapter in an Ultimate setup or when the oil is shifted away from the bearing on steep inclines or declines.
- Much faster heat transfer from the bearing to the oil.
- Much faster lubricating recovery when oil is shifted back to the front of the case.
- The first aftermarket gear set that allows for complete through oil cycling from one side of the bearing to the other.
10. New Lighter-than-stock Design
You read that right, the new XD gear set is lighter than the stock low range gear set! Amazingly isn't it? At just 15.1 pounds, we've added technology and removed fat. Less rotational mass improves acceleration while reducing the load on the bearings. The result is a more responsive gear set with longer lasting bearings.
- 8% weight reduction puts XD gear set lighter than stock gears - the lightest gear set on the planet!
- More responsive to RPM change - Less resistance, improved acceleration.
After examining the most feature rich and technologically advanced Toyota RF1A low range gear set in the world, we are certain you will agree that the new Marlin Crawler Xtreme Duty 4.70:1 Gear Set is on a completely different level far, far above all the rest. There simply is no comparing a Marlin Crawler with any other.
Here is the Marlin Crawler "Taco Supreme" in a 2007 Toyota Hilux diesel with automatic transmission using no brakes.
My 2005 Toyota Tacoma with the "Taco Supreme" setup going up the Gate keeper at Doran Falls. Before installing the crawler, I could not make it up this fall. I broke a front u-joint before while trying to scale this section without the aid of a crawler.
The kit comes with everything you see below. You will need to shorten your rear drive shaft and lengthen your front drive shaft. Installation is available at an extra cost in Southern California.
Normal retail for the Marlin Crawler with 2.28 gears is $1,695.00 plus tax in California and shipping. Sale price is $1,556.00 plus tax in California and shipping.
For those of you that want the ultimate in control and crawling ability you want the Marlin Crawler "Taco Supreme". It has the 4.70XD gears and all the benefits that come with those gears.
Normal retail for the "Taco Supreme" is $1,995.00 plus tax in California and shipping. Sale price is $1,814.00 plus tax in California and shipping.
For the first three people with confirmed orders, shipping will be free within the contiguous United States.
This Sale is for all Toyota Tacomas except the 4.0 with the 6 speed manual transmission. For those of you with the 4.0 with 6 speed transmission, please contact me via pm for a special on that application.
This sale will continue until May 15th, 2010.
PM me for your order. For any questions please post those here.
For install info go to these threads.