Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > SDHQ Offroad

Notices

Tacoma CV Boot Kit's

Old 02-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #21
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I have 2 96-04 kit's left, and 3 05+ kit's left (one axle per kit)

I have more boot's on order, this was just the first go around, I wanted to see them before we commited to a lot of them ya know
Il take the 2 95.5-04 kits. il send you a PM
Old 02-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #22
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
frickin' sweet. I'll hit you up when/if I bust my inners
Old 02-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #23
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Fresh out of 96-04's now.

More on order.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #24
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1 kit left (1 axle) for 05+ Taco's
Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #25
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Got the boots Vince, thanks.

For those who might need them:
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...834_0361262368

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...833_0361262367
Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #27
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Got the boots on. Some quality durable pieces of rubber. I don't think the guys with the high angle shafts will have a problem with these. A word to the wise,,either put some grease on the splines of the shaft as you put the boots on, or run some emery cloth over the splines to take the edge off so you don't cut the small end of the boot as it goes over the large C clip gap on the Trapezoid bearing end of the shaft. Those spines are razor sharp and could cut the boots, nullifying the whole job. Laced my finger open on those splines,,they can be really sharp. The small end of the boots are really tight going on,,which is what you want.

Another add-on to post #25 is the Boot clamp pliers for the Oetiker clamps linked above and that come with the boots at this time. Little center anvil pushes down on the clamp raised portion, as the pliers draw up the clamp tight, tightening the clamps even tighter.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oe...FQqCfgodTksAfQ
Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #29
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
Are you able to install these where the fins on the inner don't touch
Old 03-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #30
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalbobby View Post
Depends on the amount of lift you have. Everybody isn't going to have the same angle.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #31
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalbobby View Post
Yup. About a 2" lift. Probably a 1/4"+ or so between pleats at there tightest point(outers). I didn't do the boot slide mod,,when I mocked it all up it looked fine. Nothing was crazy close on the pleats. After a few miles they soften up, which is a good thing. Another thing I noticed was the mold release wax was pretty heavy on them. To that end, I am spraying them with Meguiars quick shine wax. Leaving it on heavy and letting it do its job, hopefully. Spray on soft wax naturally sheds dirt in clumps if used for a lube. Mud and water usually slide off when it hits it and it has so far. A product test,,lets say.

Have about 2000 miles on them now and still holding strong. Nothing has moved from where I clamped them when installed. No leaks, no noise, no vibes.

And the black and red SDHQ sticker looks awesome on the canopy,,
Old 04-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #33
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at doing the boot slide mod. As far as lift, I was looking for 3 -3.5". I'm at 2" right now with no rub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod View Post
Yup. About a 2" lift. Probably a 1/4"+ or so between pleats at there tightest point(outers). I didn't do the boot slide mod,,when I mocked it all up it looked fine. Nothing was crazy close on the pleats. After a few miles they soften up, which is a good thing. Another thing I noticed was the mold release wax was pretty heavy on them. To that end, I am spraying them with Meguiars quick shine wax. Leaving it on heavy and letting it do its job, hopefully. Spray on soft wax naturally sheds dirt in clumps if used for a lube. Mud and water usually slide off when it hits it and it has so far. A product test,,lets say.

Have about 2000 miles on them now and still holding strong. Nothing has moved from where I clamped them when installed. No leaks, no noise, no vibes.

And the black and red SDHQ sticker looks awesome on the canopy,,
Old 04-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #34
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Hang in there guys. I should have enough to do 20 kit's for 96-04's and 05+'s. They are on their way.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #35
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 04-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #36
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Boot's are back in stock ready to ship! I will have them for order on our website tonight to place online orders.

I have kit's in stock for 05+ and 96-04 Trucks.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #37
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Vince, what's the OD of the first gen boot at the CV cup side?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #38
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Hey Vince, what's the OD of the first gen boot at the CV cup side?
Inner or Outer CV?

4" HUB SIDE, 4-1/4" TRANS SIDE

That's OD of the boot.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #39
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be by this week to pick up one 930 Bates. Ripped one in Sedona over the weekend.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #40
enigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud of
Air Force: Medic
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
You'll like em Alex. Some quality stuff for sure!