Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > SDHQ Offroad

Notices

Tacoma CV Boot Kit's

Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #61
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Tacoma CV Boot Kit's

Looking to order 2 sets shipped to 28075.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #62
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Looking to order 2 sets shipped to 28075.
Plenty in stock. Shipping is usually $10-15 depending on where it's going. They are on our website, already at TW pricing, since you guys are really main one's buying.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #63
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Plenty in stock. Shipping is usually $10-15 depending on where it's going. They are on our website, already at TW pricing, since you guys are really main one's buying.
Can I ask how quick shipping is to the east coast?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #64
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What's your zip? Ill get an ETA
Old 05-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
What's your zip? Ill get an ETA
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #67
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Quote:
Also will one tube of grease do both cv axles?
UPS ground shows it would be there Next tuesday if it left today

1 should do it, but it may be close
Old 05-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #69
pnwtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
pnwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
got mine on no problem. No more messy grease getting everywhere thanks!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #70
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwtaco View Post
got mine on no problem. No more messy grease getting everywhere thanks!
Good to hear!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #71
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also will one tube of grease do both cv axles?
1 Tube per axle,,or another way is 1/2 tube per axle end. That's what I went with on these boots. Kinda Richie Rich with all that grease,,but I didn't want 203K axles to be without. Still had SOME voids in there afterwards,,lol.

All goofin aside,,don't load them completely full new or old,,your asking for it then.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #72
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Do you all sell full cv axles for a 2004 tacoma 4x4?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #73
Cuz Stock Sucks!

No, Best replacements are OEM from Toyota. The Napa one's being next.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #74
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
13 grand on the first molds so far. Holding up well. no leaks. Napa clamps nor boots, have not moved as per the junkyard paint line. Pleats look good.

Very important not to squeeze those clamps down fully tight when test fitting and adjusting for the final lock. They will stretch to the point of unusable or on the verge of failing,,when you think you nailed it. I bought spare clamps at the store, but I don't think I am going to need them. Backups in the tool box.

I used a grinder dulled and shaped, set of 10" end cutters for pulling those tight.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #75
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod View Post
13 grand on the first molds so far. Holding up well. no leaks. Napa clamps nor boots, have not moved as per the junkyard paint line. Pleats look good.

Very important not to squeeze those clamps down fully tight when test fitting and adjusting for the final lock. They will stretch to the point of unusable or on the verge of failing,,when you think you nailed it. I bought spare clamps at the store, but I don't think I am going to need them. Backups in the tool box.

I used a grinder dulled and shaped, set of 10" end cutters for pulling those tight.
Good to hear!!! Keep the updates coming! 13K is pretty good amount of miles since you got them! Lot's of driving!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #76
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Still trucking well with the new boots. No problems at all. Spun the shafts in L4 with the suspension hung and then loaded, spun true and no noise (vehicle occupied). Lost track of mileage. Around 18K guessing.

Wet season is upon us,,lace in new boots now fellas,,before you hear the gritty grind/POP as you wind up the hill. Those shafts are turning all the time for most of us, and if you have never opened them and have upwards of 200K on them,,,it's a good idea to replace that grease along with the boots. Wish I would have done mine at about 175-190K,,because the stuff that poured out of the untorn boots didn't look to healthy.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #77
I have a bellybutton
Adamar85 is on a distinguished road
Navy: AEGIS Fire Controlman and Instructor
Name: Adam
Adamar85's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my new boot kit in the mail, thanks for the great deal with Military discount and super fast shipping!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #78
highflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to all

Name: Justin
highflyinmechanic's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the SDHQ boots on my 12 Tacoma yesterday but realized I had no clamps for the shaft side of the boots,smaller side. I threw 2 zip ties on each one 90 deg out from eachother. What clamps did you guys use since the only 2 clamps supplied are for the large end of the boots?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #79
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyinmechanic View Post
I installed the SDHQ boots on my 12 Tacoma yesterday but realized I had no clamps for the shaft side of the boots,smaller side. I threw 2 zip ties on each one 90 deg out from eachother. What clamps did you guys use since the only 2 clamps supplied are for the large end of the boots?
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...833_0361262367
Old 12-23-2014, 04:02 AM   #80
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
just placed my order, please don't kill me on the shipping lol. Also what kind of grease should be used on the inner and outer? does it matter? i ordered that swepco 101, whats that good for?