Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Shelberg Customs

Notices

Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!

View Poll Results: What is you're favorite type of wood?
Bloodwood 6 27.27%
Black Ebony 11 50.00%
Cocobolo 1 4.55%
Buckeye Burl 8 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
crumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Wesley
crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!

Welcome to the official thread for custom shifter knobs for both 1st Gen, 2nd Gen Tacoma’s and for older Toyota pickups and the T100 models! I will be offering 2 main types of shifters, the first will be wood knobs and within that option you can choose either a solid wood, or laminated wood (layered wood).

I can pretty much make any solid wood shifter you would like!! Just tell me what type of wood you would like and I can make it! Laminated wood shifters are also very popular and honestly my favorite too, just think up a combination of any exotic or domestic woods you would like and we can think up some pattern ideas over email to make it have a full custom look that you like.

For all orders you will need to either send me a picture of your current shifter so I can replicate the size and shape of it or send me dimensions of a custom size so I can draw it up to scale, and go from there. The last thing you will need to do before I can start your order, would be to determine the thread size and diameter of the shifter shaft that the shifters thread onto. I have some of the models sizes from previous projects for family and friends but not many.

All Tacoma shifter shafts are metric I believe. The easiest way I have found to measure the diameter and pitch of the threads is to go to your local ace or hardware store and find the metric size nuts and go out to your truck and just test which combination of diameters and thread sizes fits perfectly, they should fit on perfectly to the point where you can thread it on effortlessly but at the same time it doesn’t have any “play” in it.

Pricing

Pricing on these shifters will range from $60-$180 depending on the wood choices, solid or laminated.

Shipping and Local Pickup

I do require that you pay for the shipping which normally costs around $5-10 for most knobs. Ship to the lower 48 states. If you live locally here in AZ (Phoenix/East Valley) you can pick it up from a mutual location. The shipping fee would be added to the knob price and paid all at once. Local pickups do not require paying via paypal, but can be if needed.

Pictures

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/crumf20/slideshow/

If you have ANY questions AT ALL feel free to email me at shelbergcustoms@gmail.com or txt me at 480 980 7183
Thanks!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Must be pretty baller to have access to a 3D printer capable of printing working threads. Or were you planning on gluing in a threaded aluminum insert?

The wood knobs look awesome by the way, wish I wasn't poor.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
crumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura about

crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Must be pretty baller to have access to a 3D printer capable of printing working threads. Or were you planning on gluing in a threaded aluminum insert?

The wood knobs look awesome by the way, wish I wasn't poor.
Thank man!! Maybe we can work something out! Email me
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumf20 View Post
Thank man!! Maybe we can work something out! Email me
I'll think about it, got a buttload of school and other things to worry about right now.

thanks though.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subd!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #10

crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityAirman7 View Post
I can't see pics when I click on the link
I would love a steelers helmet or a fox racing head
Pm me!! We can talk!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics without going to PB.. I can't go to pb at work
Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in a seeing something for a 2003 model automatic if you can make it out of the plastic material
Old 08-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #16

crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Some work i did for a guy here in AZ! May not have been a Tacoma but its going to turn out to be a sick Toyota Land Cruiser! Built the High and Low shifter and the 2 boxes that i designed too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!-img_3302.jpg   Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!-img_4061.jpg   Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!-img_6558-2.jpg   Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!-img_7085.jpg   Shelberg Custom Shifter Knobs!!-img_8938-2.jpg  

Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Ever thought about doing steering wheels for older, non airbag equipped vehicles?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #18

crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Ever thought about doing steering wheels for older, non airbag equipped vehicles?
Yes i have but they would be very expensive and time consuming for me!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #19
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
is there any way to add weight to them, to improve the shift throw? or are these heavier than the stock ones already?
Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #20

crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTQCummins View Post
is there any way to add weight to them, to improve the shift throw? or are these heavier than the stock ones already?
They are heavier than stock ones for sure, although I'm not sure about how it would help but, any size you want will help fit into the palm of your hand for comfort!!!