1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

newbee w/06 5lug taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by paul gallardo, May 21, 2008.

1. Jul 2, 2008 at 10:37 PM
    toyota07

toyota07 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5 lug toyota tacoma 4cyl
    no problem man..i dont see in wasting 3-4 thousand dollars more when u can get better gas mileage and still have a real good look to your truck also u can afford to put bigger tires lift and rims for less than it would cost for a pre-runner..u kno ha..the max size tire you can put on it is 31's but deffinetely look at that lift for real

2. Jul 23, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    wakerider017

wakerider017 New Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Reg Cab (Base)
    I saw someone in the thread (DrifterFreak210) did just the the front leveling and did not do the Procomp add-a-leaf w/ a set of hellwig leaf spring helper, and Procomp ES3000 shocks.

I was just wondering what those extra parts did for you? (Sorry I am new to suspension, so if you could explain what each extra part does that would be awesome!)

Does the add-a-leaf and other rear suspension parts that you added make the rear taller than the front? or is it pretty much level?

3. Jul 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    wakerider017

wakerider017 New Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Reg Cab (Base)
    Also what is the part number on those Pro Comp ES3000 Shocks?

4. Aug 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    alextdunn

alextdunn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    san Diego
    Vehicle:
    05, 4cly, base, Xtra cab, 5 lug lift
    ready lift 5 Lug lift, bed lights, 400 watt inverter, scan gauge II, AFE pro Dry s, second air filter removed
    hey that sounds way better than the Ready Lift kit

dose anyone know if this set will fit a 05 5 lug taco ??

question #2 The ready lift kit AAl's look a little thicker but this is only in the picks does anyone know if the Fabtec ones will still give me the added carry load like the readylift ??

If it can i would like to buy this set up tomorrow
    thanks

Alex

5. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    alextdunn

alextdunn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    san Diego
    Vehicle:
    05, 4cly, base, Xtra cab, 5 lug lift
    ready lift 5 Lug lift, bed lights, 400 watt inverter, scan gauge II, AFE pro Dry s, second air filter removed
    the 2007 and the 2005 five lug should be the same right ??
    any ways the real AAl are only a pice of cast of spring steel with a hole drilled through them right.
    the front strut spacers are more critical even tho theya re only a pice of machined plastic or Al 60

Alex

6. Aug 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM
    paul gallardo

paul gallardo [OP] rc racer

Member:
    northridge, ca
    Vehicle:
    5lug taco access cab
    fog lights,light bar, sport pedals, tire size swap(from 215/70/15 to 235/75/15to31/10.5/15). Crager 15x8 blackies 2.5 inch lift.Dynomax super turbo, AFE intake system.
    Yes, the 05 thru 07 are the same. As far as the front spacers, it's from a 6 lug taco from the same year. At that time there were no kits available for the 5lug. Now there's the "readylift kit" just for the 5lug. I recon you go with readylift and take all the guesswork that I went through. This kit is also simpler since your only bolting on the spacers instead removing studs and pressing in the new. It's labor intense. My front lift is 2.5 inch, readylift 2.75 inch. Rear is the same.

Products Discussed in

To Top