1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 2011 TRD Off Road Beauty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GeoTaco1, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    GeoTaco1

GeoTaco1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geo
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    NEW Toyo TIRES Bed Cage to hold 120 LBS of sand and fishing rod holder, window air deflectors, Bug Deflector, & finally Avid Light Bar and step rails....
    I am afraid I may have caught the Tacoma Mod Virus!!!:D

The wife thinks I am crazy and too old to start playing with cars again, because she knows I was a motor head when I was younger.

But I had to add some weight in the back so I boxed it out so the sand bags will not move, plus I created compartments in the bed. The piece of wood on the top is not just to secure the sand bags but I can use it to place the jack in the event I get a flat. It is held down with a clicp for quick removal. I will paint the wood black later in the spring.

I also ordered new tires so if anyone is looking for brand new Rugged Trails with only 240 miles just PM me; they will be off the truck next Friday. I live on Long Island NY.

I am starting slow, so I also ordered the stone/bug deflector and the window wind deflectors and I almost ordered the Bull Bar but I am not sure if it will fit my 2011 or if they are really strong?? Any suggestions for a black bull bar that will stay secure on my 2011 TRD?

_TacomaBeauty.jpg
    _BFG2.jpg
    _Tacoma_Mod1.jpg
    _BFG1.jpg
    _Sand.jpg

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    Dark_Taco

Dark_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Stock
    Just be careful those bug deflectors have been know to rub through the paint on the hood.

I have never been a fan of the bull bars so I can't help ya there.

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Nice truck, and I second the opinion on the bug deflector. I had one on my old truck and it rubbed through the paint.

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    cnj41371

cnj41371 Member

Member:
    US
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD
    CD, New tires
    Just pulled my bug deflector off and one pad was worn and chipped the paint! Off to the dealer to get this fixed.

5. Jan 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    guyjones10

guyjones10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i went with the avs vent visors and egr aerowrap hood deflector. egr does not have metal clips like toyota version so hood should not be affected. look at aries off-road and steelcraft bull bars. they are just as good a quality as westin and alittle cheaper. i like the bull bar but thinking of going to a black aries or steelcraft brush guard instead. i will post some pics in my gallery to show my bull bar and hood deflector. hope this helps.

6. Jan 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    lilthugoutsoulja

lilthugoutsoulja Well-Known Member

Member:
  7. Jan 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    GeoTaco1

GeoTaco1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geo
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    NEW Toyo TIRES Bed Cage to hold 120 LBS of sand and fishing rod holder, window air deflectors, Bug Deflector, & finally Avid Light Bar and step rails....
    I also went with the EGR Aerowrap, which I hope will not cause any paint chips. I have not received it yet.

I also went for the AVS In Channel Ventisors; mostly for the black look around the windows. I don't care if some rain gets in.:)

I amslo looking for a black bull bar type to provide some front end bumper protection, plus to match the black highlights (roof rack, mirrors, bug deflector, window shields)

8. Mar 15, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    From everything I've read the bull bars are not strong and will usually do more harm than good to your bumper if you smack something.

Seems they are basically just a place to mount lights mostly. Or if you like the look of them ( I don't really).

9. Mar 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    nick

nick MURDERED_TACO

Member:
    Green mountain ,nc
    Vehicle:
    - 2003 trd
    x2, brush guard is serve more purpse than a bull bar. however i like the look of a bull bar too....

Products Discussed in

To Top