1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 TX Baja

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Bran88hi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jun 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    Bran88hi

Bran88hi [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma T|X Baja Edition
    I've never really done any threads but I cannot find anything on this truck. As everyone knows the Baja is not a cheap truck and I do not want to kill it. As part of the deal I had 285/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrains ordered. The dealership is thinking that the only way to fit them with no rubbing is a readylift leveling kit because the gas shocks are not adjustable. I'm fine with the Baja decal that a lot of people are complaining about but want just a little higher ride. I had the 285s on my old tacoma with a Truxx leveling kit with no rub. I like the ride of the mud terrains and they don't seem to grab gravels and throw them everywhere like the all terrains. Am I screwing up or should I try the spacer lift? I'm lost... Please help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Jun 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    Bran88hi

Bran88hi [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    Here is the one I just traded in with the 285s on it with at Truxxx leveling kit.

[​IMG]

3. Jul 26, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    ReddingtonTRD

ReddingtonTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2013 TX Baja, Black 6-speed
    Build: 2013 Tacoma TX Baja Access Cab 6-Speed Manual *denotes stock feature for Baja Exterior/Performance *TX Baja Series Badging (small sticker--no large “Baja”), Red TRD badge on tailgate Billet 14” antenna Hitch cap Softopper with interchangeable mesh/solid rear doors, doggie door at cab, and dust bag *TRD Cat-back exhaust DeMello Bolt-On Hybrid Rock Sliders TRD front aluminum skid plate *TRD Gun Metal Gray Beadlock Style Wheels *BFG A/T 265/70/16 LED plates lights (thx CSJumper) Interior/Performance *Toyota HD Flooring throughout cab...entirely weatherproof. No carpeting TRD Quickshifter TRD Shift knob, MOMO knob, *Stock leather knob Uniden Radio/Walkies LED Replacement Bulbs (CS…again) Suspension *Front 3” TRD racing coils *60mm HD Bilstein (TRD custom valved in San Antonio) front shocks. Similar to 9100/9300s w/ bumpstop *Modified bumpstops by TRD in San Antonio *50mm Bilstein (TRD custom valved by TRD in San Antonio) *Tuned 3 leaf + overlo
    Congrats on the truck! I purchased my 13 Baja a couple months ago, and love it! I traded in my 12 Off-Road, and I feel that this one by far, offers a much more capable suspension. Part of my decision (rationalization ) to go with the Baja, was it's quite ready "out-of-the-box" for some moderate to tougher trails. I did Hollister Hills medium trails and the truck barely broke a sweat. I especially like its capabilities while preserving the ride's geometry and quality. It has that sweet spot of a lift that allows it to hold it's own while still providing solid, comfortable highway ride. This is my 6th Toyota pickup and the best I've driven so far. Congrats again!

4. Jul 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    The Baja suspension gives it like 2" over others already. I wouldn't go much higher...I would assume that if it fit your other truck with a leveling kit, then it would fit the stock Baja, and you wouldn't have to loose your ride quality.

5. Aug 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    Bran88hi

Bran88hi [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    SET dealer daily says Toyota is not making the Baja package any more and are only making 920 this year. Don't modify these things and they may be worth a pretty penny one day.

Products Discussed in

To Top