1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Banks exhaust owners

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Glocker23, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Jul 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 [OP] Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Those of you that have the banks monster exhaust I have some questions. I am prob going to order one but before I do I gotta ask about drone. I have a 4 door short bed and am wondering if there is any drone with this exhaust. Back roads, highway or anything? I can deal with some on take off but def not if there is a lot of drone at cruise speed and highway speeds.

Any mpg gain or loss? HP gains?

2. Jul 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    bigeye227

bigeye227 bigeye227

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Kernersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Banks Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Mud Flaps, Weather Techs
    My dcsb has a banks monster exhaust on it. It was on there when I bought it. Louder than some in the cab but not as bad as others. There is a bit of a drone at highway speed. I got accustomed to it and never even notice it anymore. Sounds pretty cool on the outside. Can't really comment on hp or mpg.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  3. Jul 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 [OP] Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Bump for anyone else

4. Jul 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    All cat-backs don't really have an effect on mpg or hp other then the person stomping on it more often. If you have heard the TRD exhaust then that's what the banks sounds like but a little louder. I find road noise drowns out the exhaust (I'm running stock tires). Over all the exhaust doesn't get to loud up to around 3k rpm. My parents don't complain about the noise and they hate noisy vehicles so that's all I can offer.

I've had the exhaust on for 6000km now(2 years haha) and I've never got bored of the sound. My only complaint is the exhaust hangers are stainless but a bit of paint fix that for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top