1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

suspension, rear bumper, etc...mod recommendations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WyoTaco88, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Mar 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    WyoTaco88

WyoTaco88 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Woming
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    Hello,

I'll start by saying this website is awesome and I greatly appreciate everyone's contributions. I feel far more informed then I ever did, before discovering this site.

I'm not new to Toyotas (77' pick-up with the 22r, 97' 4runner with body armor, suspension lift, big tires, etc...), but I am new to Tacomas. I've wanted a Tacoma for many years and I finally was able to buy one. I recently purchased a 2010 TRD Sport 4x4 with 40k miles.

Now to business, the things I've done so far include, ARB Deluxe bumper w/grille guard, BFG AT/KO's 265/70 17r, and I just ordered a pair of Sway-A-Way 2.5" standard travel coilovers (height adjustable).

I'm seeking recommendations for the following, heavy duty rear leaf pack capable of towing up to 6,000 lbs and lift 1-2" above stock height, rear shocks to mount along with new leaf pack, and a rear plate bumper that retains factory tow hitch or has one attached capable of towing up to 6,000 lbs, and lastly a winch that can be mounted in my ARB bumper, without modification to the bumper.

One last question...Can I fit a full-size BFG AT/KO 265/70 17r underneath the bed in the factory mount? if not I'd be looking for a bumper that also has a swing-arm spare mount.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Sincerely,

2. Mar 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    Mademan925

Mademan925 Senor Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OFFROAD DCSB
    enough to go over stuff
    I suggest the OME dakar leaf pack. and yes you cant fit a 265/70/17 under the truck with the factory bumper and hitch.

Products Discussed in

To Top