1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fender well Covering

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mshane, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Aug 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    mshane

mshane [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Liberal, KS
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma DLX
    5000K HID Halo Headlights, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Series, Fabtech Suspension, Kenwood stereo, X-Treme 600 Watt amp, JL Audio 12inch sub, plastidip eagle alloy rims.
    When I bought my truck, it had already been lifted a little in the front. The problem that i started noticing was that the black covers in the fender wells were not long enough to cover the sides of the engine and other parts. Because of this, water and other components now can splash onto the top of my engine and also get close to my K&N Air Filter. I dont want to take a chance of getting water, mud, or sand into my intake. I have looked around for fender well covers bt they are all stock ones. My guess is that im gonna have to custom make some covers. Do any of you have an idea of where I can find some covers or if there is somewhere I havent looked yet???

Thanks

2. Aug 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    There's a couple of people on here that have made custom inner fender covers. Looked pretty easy, just heat gun and the right material. Don't have a link tho.

3. Aug 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    mshane

mshane [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Liberal, KS
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma DLX
    5000K HID Halo Headlights, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Series, Fabtech Suspension, Kenwood stereo, X-Treme 600 Watt amp, JL Audio 12inch sub, plastidip eagle alloy rims.
    Okay thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top