1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration Issue w/Bilstein 4600 & 5100 Shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DMW7243, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Nov 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    DMW7243

DMW7243 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey everyone, I'm having a problem with some shocks and I need some help, here's the situation:

I ordered a ReadyLift leveling kit for my Tacoma (5-Lug) and that was fine but I was still running stock shocks so I needed to upgrade. I got Bilstein 5100's for the rear and 4600's for the front (They don't make 5100's for the front on my application apparently)...

They had to be installed at different times, it's just how my schedule worked out. First I installed the rears and everything was fine, no more bed slamming, smooth ride, no problems. However, once I installed the 4600's, now the truck has a HORRIBLE vibration whenever I accelerate. They do their job just fine, going over bumps is a breeze...but no matter the terrain, after I pass about 25-30mph the truck vibrates like crazy.

It's funny because depending on the speed, it'll vibrate differently...30-40mph makes the whole dash and radio unit vibrate, then 40-50/55 make the steering wheel and seat vibrate, then 55+ makes the floor and seat vibrate. A few people have told me it's just how the 4600's make it ride because they're stiff but it doesn't make sense because why then would it only vibrate when I hit the gas? If I'm going up to speed and I let off the gas or brake, the vibrating completely stops, even if I'm going 60mph.

Please let me know what I can do to get this fixed..if it is simply how those shocks are, then I'll live with it but it just doesn't seem right given how it would only happen when accelerating plus I haven't really seen much else about this problem. Thank you!

2. Nov 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    DMW7243

DMW7243 [OP] Member

Member:
    Yes I did get an alignment after the lift but before shocks, and one again after the shocks just to make sure.

3. Nov 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    DMW7243

DMW7243 [OP] Member

Member:
    I just used a local place but they have a 12-month warranty as long as I don't drive my truck off a cliff lol so they re-did it for free.

Products Discussed in

To Top