1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roxspin72's BUILD...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by roxspin72, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Dec 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    SILVER06TRD

SILVER06TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD
    de-badged, color matched grill, trd intake, trd short shifter, 3" skyjacker coilovers, rear aal, doug thorley long tube and y-pipe, urd catback, high flow cats, uni-chip, hellwig rear sway bar.
    Sick ride bro...nice job. Talk to me a little bit more about those pulleys..I checked out the NST site will all the ones listed for the x-runner work? How do you rate them overall?? Which one is that for the fan?? Thanks in advance...good info on your build.

2. Mar 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    Rucas

Rucas 1st gen

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Vehicle:
    1st gen. 4x4
    Custom Aluminum Camper
    Hey do you have any pics of the exhaust from under your truck when you had the side exit? did it change the sound at all?

3. Nov 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    bLaCkMETALTaCoMA

bLaCkMETALTaCoMA tacomood

Member:
    First Name:
    Sergio
    Paraguay, South America
    Vehicle:
    Short Bed 06 TRD Sport 6 Speed Manual 4.0 V6
    ---Murdered Out--- **********-.tactical Unit Calibrated to KiLL.-*********** -Debadged -RBP Grille RX Black -RBP Black Plate Frame -RBP Eshaust Adapter 3.5" Black Tip, Two Tone Logo w/ Red Star -Blacked Out Third brake light, Radiator frames, skid plate. -Pioneer + Backup Camera -33 Mud Grappler + 20 Inch RockStars -Bulletproof side windows -AT35 Tint Front & AT15 Tint All Corners -K&N Air Intake -TRD Skid Plate -Aftermarket Angel Eyes Headlights + T-Rex Eyelids -Rear LED Lights -URD short shift knob -Billies 5100 all around, front set @ 0.85 w/ eibach coils + 1.5 AAL + Total Chaos UCA's -Redline hood and back door struts -Flex Pod Gauge Mount (volts & oil temperature)
    Hi...!!! Nice taco you have there man!!!! im waiting for my toytec adjustables 5100's too to arrive! By the way, im from Paraguay - South America.. So the kit cost me a little more than the 150% of the real price!!!! damn!! haha.. I also have a set of 33's Nitto mud grapplers (imagine the cost of those) and i was wondering if you could tell me if those would fit with those billies set at 0 to 3'', it also comes with the eibach spring (which gives a full 3 inches of lift in the front, or hope so!!), i dont know what spring you are using..! I read once that you can fit 37's tires with 3 inches of lift with a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of trimming, so that gives me a little peace of mind because i would not care about this issue with my little 33's in comparison with the 37's!!!!!! well.. thats all.. love the blue of your taco!!

Thanks a lot.. anything you say would help me!! thnx..

Sergio

4. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the 37s that people have ran are on long travel kits w/ fiberglass fenders, not a standard 3" lift. the biggest you'll go on a 3" w/o denfers, etc would be 35s. IIRC, eddie was running stock springs on his billies for 2.5"

5. Nov 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    bLaCkMETALTaCoMA

bLaCkMETALTaCoMA tacomood

Member:
    First Name:
    Sergio
    Paraguay, South America
    Vehicle:
    Short Bed 06 TRD Sport 6 Speed Manual 4.0 V6
    ---Murdered Out--- **********-.tactical Unit Calibrated to KiLL.-*********** -Debadged -RBP Grille RX Black -RBP Black Plate Frame -RBP Eshaust Adapter 3.5" Black Tip, Two Tone Logo w/ Red Star -Blacked Out Third brake light, Radiator frames, skid plate. -Pioneer + Backup Camera -33 Mud Grappler + 20 Inch RockStars -Bulletproof side windows -AT35 Tint Front & AT15 Tint All Corners -K&N Air Intake -TRD Skid Plate -Aftermarket Angel Eyes Headlights + T-Rex Eyelids -Rear LED Lights -URD short shift knob -Billies 5100 all around, front set @ 0.85 w/ eibach coils + 1.5 AAL + Total Chaos UCA's -Redline hood and back door struts -Flex Pod Gauge Mount (volts & oil temperature)
    thanks-.. great info.. i found that very useful..

6. Dec 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    BBell

BBell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TX
    2013 Tacoma TX 4.0 6 Speed Manual Volant CAI and air scoop Volant throttle body spacer DigiFit Weathertech Kevlar Seat Covers - Grey Interior LEDs Fab Fours PreRunner Bumper Body Armor Rock Sliders Painted radiator Rigid Industries 3x3 D2's DTL lighting kit Rigid Grill and 20" SLR2 light bar Plasti- badges Plasti- front grille surround Plasti- rear bumper MATT black rear taillights Night Raider rear LED light bar :D
    Hey, just bought a 2013 Taco TX. was looking into the volant CAI with scoop and wanted to know your opinion on it. Better performance? Gas mileage? What other mods were needed?

Thanks for your time

7. Nov 19, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    Melmo

Melmo Member

Member:
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6 Access Cab
    Running Boards, Kobalt Tool Box, 20% Window Tint, Clarion NX702 Head Unit, JBL Audio System, K&N 77 Series Cold Air Intake, Westin Bull Bar, All Interior LED's, All Exterior LED's, LED Tailgate Bar
    i have the same question, except i have a 2006 tacoma with the 4.0L v6 in it, i am trying to decide whether i should get the K&N 77 series or this volant intake with the scoop? is the volant worth its money? :confused:

8. Feb 27, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    Spidious

Spidious 2006 Tacoma SR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Champaign, IL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma SR5
    Forward & reverse camera monitoring Bed Mat Tyger Black Tonneau Cover Tyger Sport Bar, 36" led light bar Hikity Android Car Radio Pro grill with lights Sport hood Cold air intake Sprint Booster throttle controller Flip down bed extender 265/75R15 tires 2"spacers New led tail lights Internal/external thermometer Chrome Bullbar Chrome step tubes LED F&R led turn lights
    I have the Volant cold air kit just like yours. But didn't get the decal on the one above the radiator. Did yours come with it, if not where did you get one ?

volant.jpg

9. Feb 27, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    OP is long gone and no longer has the taco.

10. Nov 12, 2015 at 1:50 PM
    Johnno

Johnno New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    3inch Pro Comp
    Silly question.. But I'm needing to order some of the plastic (nylon maybe) clips that are holding you air ram in place. Any ideas what there are called? Item number? Size? Any information is appreciated. Cool looking truck..

Products Discussed in

To Top