1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Cover/Tailgate Lock & maybe decals?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JakeF, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Nov 20, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    JakeF

JakeF [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Howdy All,

I've been a long time fan of the Tacoma and finally was able to buy one last year. I have a 2013 Tacoma Double Cab with the TRD Off-Road package and black step rails.

I'm looking for a good bed cover that will be solid in all sorts of weather as I get it all, cold, hot, rain, snow....

I'm interested in a cover that's water tight or close to it, can handle snow, although I know to clean it off, and will let me use the bed and rails that come in the bed automatically. I've read that the soft covers with support rails are good? Then I also want to lock the tailgate, I know it's not safe, just a deterrent, that's all I want.

Then what I'm thinking about is some sort of decals on the sides of the truck, it's the midnight blue color, and I have twins, and 1 loves blue, the other RED :) I wouldn't mind putting something on that's red if it looked good, anyone have any suggestions? Maybe on the tailgate or the sides, I'm open for ideas.

Thanks and this forum is awesome!

Jake

2. Nov 20, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    Jake, do your homework right here on this website. Everything you ask about is here, just punch those keys on your laptop and... wallah!

3. Nov 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    JakeF

JakeF [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hello,
    I've done a bunch of searching on here already, I just haven't seen anything that seemed recent for bed covers and the style I wanted, the same for tailgates, and I'll look more for decals.

4. Nov 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    ok, I wasn't very helpful, was I?

I have a Pop & Lock 8521. Several models, this one has no key, opens with the passenger door lock. Well built and easy install.
    I installed a brace on it due to it being mounted with only one screw, seemed like it would need it. Older models had issues, this one is well made.

For a toneau cover, I chose the Extang Hard Trifold. Damn good looking, supports weight on top, on & off quick and easy, light weight, and secure in conjunction with the Pop & Lock. Autoanything has it at the best price, and their sale right now makes it totally unbeatable.

Links below have details on both, and other ideas as well. Different strokes.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...l8521-power-tailgate-install-2012-tacoma.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/350960-hard-bed-covers-2015-tacoma-trd-sport.html

5. Nov 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    JakeF

JakeF [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hi Alan,

Thanks! That is a nice cover, it's probably out of my price range right now though :(

It's 799.00 on sale? Is there something else that's really good but not as high priced?

The lock looks great though!

Products Discussed in

To Top