1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spacer for Daystar Cradle?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pigpen, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Feb 14, 2015 at 6:19 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen [OP] My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    I'm looking into putting a spacer under my Daystar airbag cradles. I'm currently running a higher pressure than I would prefer in the airbags and a 1 or 1.5" spacer would allow me to run fewer psi.

I searched TW, Daystar and Firestone. Maybe I missed it.

I know this should technically be posted in suspension, but let's be honest - it'll get way more views and replies here.

Thanks!

2. Feb 14, 2015 at 6:45 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Bueller...

3. Feb 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM
    PATHFINDER

PATHFINDER Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oxnard, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM TRD OR DCSB V6 4x4
    Leer XQ100, Toyota Skid Plate, Weather Tech Vent Shades, Firestone 2407 Airbags
    Sorry I failed to get your entire message. Firestone sells spacers for lifted vehicles. Maybe that would help you to lift your daystar cradles upward.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  4. Feb 14, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    just note that any spacer amount is going to limit your uptravel.

A spacer should not be hard to make out of simple parts from the hardware store.

5. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:06 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, my up travel is already limited by the 30 psi in my bags. The down travel I get from the cradles is great though.

6. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    got any pics of how the cradle is mounted to the leafs, and how the bag is mounted to the frame?

7. Feb 14, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    I don't. The cradle is mounted to a bracket that would normally be connected to the bottom of the air bag. It's just one bolt. I know there are pics all over TW. I'll see if I can find some.

8. Dec 28, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    petercberry

petercberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver Tacoma TRD Sport
    Current Build: --Old Man Emu Lift Kit (including 885s up front + Heavy Duty 96R in rear) --Procomp 7069 17" --BFG AT KO2 275/70/17 Old Components (since removed): -- Bilstein 5100 all around. Front at 2.5" -- Rear Firestone RideRite Airbags
    Hey 58 Siesta-
    What route did you go here? I'm having the same issue with wanting to decrease the psi in my bags (35psi), which makes for a super stiff ride. I'd you put in spacers? Also what is your front end suspension? Thanks for the help. Trying to decide how to proceed.

9. Dec 29, 2015 at 5:01 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    @petercberry

My front is lifted with 5100s set at 1.75 with stock springs. The actual lift is right about 2.5 on my access cab.

I'm still running high psi in the bags without spacers, usually around 30 - 35. When towing my camper I run them at 45. Since putting OME Nitrocharger shocks on, the ride is greatly improved. I air the bags down occasionally for offroading, but usually air the tires down if it's that rough (which makes a bigger difference than the bags).

At some point I'll replace the springs, but for now my current setup works well enough for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top